• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

freakybj

Oct 26, 2017
Dilemma question...

You're playing random duos or squads and are joined with someone who is blatantly cheating. Do you team kill him or do you try to see if you can get the chicken dinner?

Schnitzelfee

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
not so sure about that... I remember reading some stats like they were banning crazy numbers like >10.000 PER DAY, before it got out of beta..
like >300.000 hackers banned back in october or something..

You are right, it was always a problem, but it feels like it was never this bad as in the past few weeks...
I can't of course not proof that, just seems so :)

The long distance sniping behind hills with a shotgun (?) or the fact that you aim with a crossbow at a random spot and it somehow hits you seconds later, i mean, the latter could be realistic with a static sniper rifle but obviously, nonsense.

For the rest the usual auto-aim stuff. And speedy revives? Yeah, some cheaters learn nothing. Essentially the lamest thing IRL you can get ''elite'' at. Except nobody but yourself will be cheering for it. Sad!

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Strange comparison, PUBG isn't a technical mess, it's actively "targeted" from outside from people that sour the fun for others... It's not a problem of the game not running...

And I had hundreds of hours of fun with the game before this got a problem, millions of people have fun with this game... It's a recent thing since 1.0 launched that it got THIS bad

To be fair there are solutions they could implement that they haven't, the devs aren't faultless here at all. Ping lock would cut down on cheaters massively, and put a stop to people queuing on different regions for an advantage. Overnight the game would become so much more enjoyable. You shouldn't even be able to pick servers, it should just automatically put you on the lowest ping server that's available. Plus as I said earlier we need server side checks, obviously everything can't be there just not feasible, but some things clearly need to be.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Strange comparison, PUBG isn't a technical mess, it's actively "targeted" from outside from people that sour the fun for others... It's not a problem of the game not running...

And I had hundreds of hours of fun with the game before this got a problem, millions of people have fun with this game... It's a recent thing since 1.0 launched that it got THIS bad

Fair enough. And that is my point on the GOTY. If you are 1.0 then you are under a MUCH bigger microscope and sins are less forgiven when your game comes out of early access. When this game went to 1.0 it allowed it to receive final review scores of 10 out of 10's, and also allowed it to be in the running and win many GOTY Awards.

BUT if the 1.0 has this big of problems with cheaters, and it is driving players away players then the idea of Review Scores and GOTY Awards based only off of 1.0 kinda seems a little suspect that it is so celebrated with all these accolades, especially considering there is no way to play around it in regards to cheaters.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
People just need to look into other games that are even in the same Genre 10 times better and get updates with the Developers actually caring.
So you're telling me a developer that has continually developed this game and is actively working to squash cheats (they have to figure out how to, and fixing these things does not come easy as you don't want to detect false positives, because that can be more fatal), adding content to the game and constantly supporting this game that's sold almost 30 million copies doesn't care about the game?

I really don't understand how people come to this conclusion, that they can't fix a cheat with a snap of their fingers, therefore they "don't care".

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
What I would love to know is:

What percentage of the actual install base still have active accounts that aren't banned?

What's the ratio of active players from China to the rest of the world?

What's the percentage of loot boxes unlocked per region?

What's the percentage of items up for sale per region?

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What I would love to know is:

What percentage of the actual install base still have active accounts that aren't banned?

What's the ratio of active players from China to the rest of the world?

What's the percentage of loot boxes unlocked per region?

What's the percentage of items up for sale per region?
FWIW, a couple of the questions you posed here are the kind of questions I see posters posing rhetorically in every second PUBG thread so as to imply that PUBG's actual level of success is in question.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dilemma question...

You're playing random duos or squads and are joined with someone who is blatantly cheating. Do you team kill him or do you try to see if you can get the chicken dinner?
Happen to me before, welp at least he's on my team but he didn't do anything useful besides instant res one of us.
we still lost because we couldn't climb the slopped hill since the circle was atop of it

regardless fuck cheaters and hackers.

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't think the servers would be so trusting of the client.

Oct 27, 2017
Before we go accusing an entire country of cheating, are we absolutely sure that this isn't Clara's fault? All you have to do is leave your computer for 10 minutes for Clara to get in there.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
FWIW, a couple of the questions you posed here are the kind of questions I see posters posing rhetorically in every second PUBG thread so as to imply that PUBG's actual level of success is in question.
It's sold gangbuster, that's a fact. I would never try to dispute that. I'm just wondering, how important China is for the future of the game. Maybe the dev doesn't care, so long as the Chinese keep giving them money.

huH1678

Oct 30, 2017
Before we go accusing an entire country of cheating, are we absolutely sure that this isn't Clara's fault? All you have to do is leave your computer for 10 minutes for Clara to get in there.

If you even play this game for a certain amount of time you'd know its China. Hell recently a bunch of cheat makers just got arrested in China https://www.vg247.com/2018/01/16/tencent-helped-chinese-police-arrest-120-pubg-cheat-makers/

Edit: I just got your reference XD man that was so dumb when i found that on youtube.

Deleted member 26104

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well, you didnt need to specify that you didnt play online on PC. The second part was pretty much telling.
It's true though. Almost all of the big MP games that release have higher populations on consoles than on PC. PC has a few that stay huge, but compare populations in things like COD, Battlefield, Gears, etc on consoles to PC and it's not even close.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
It's true though. Almost all of the big MP games that release have higher populations on consoles than on PC. PC has a few that stay huge, but compare populations in things like COD, Battlefield, Gears, etc on consoles to PC and it's not even close.

Not this part, the "filled with cheaters" one. When you read some people, it's like you cant make a game without losing to cheaters when it's like total bullshit.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing more fun than being insta headshot from 2km by a dude with a pistol.

Couple of times I've jumped out the plane and already been in the knocked out crawling animation

Deleted member 26104

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Not this part, the "filled with cheaters" one. When you read some people, it's like you cant make a game without losing to cheaters when it's like total bullshit.
Some people go overboard sure, but compared to consoles cheating is much more prevalent. Some game have mass amounts of cheaters, and pubg is one of them. They just announced they're banning 100 000 cheaters didn't they?