• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Same, at other moments, I wouldn't give a shit if it was like 1-2 hackers per day. But I've gotten to the point where literally every match, whether it'd be EU/NA/AS/SEA/OC servers. There would literally be atleast a speed hacker or an aimbot. Its super bad lately.

Plus the high ping advantage nonsense that's going unchecked right now, I don't know why you can even select a server, the matchmaking should just toss you into the lowest ping server. Right now people queue on other regions to gain a massive advantage, that's why you get so many deaths where you shoot someone, clearly see blood but on their screen they're full HP. Ping lock would greatly reduce both cheating and issues caused by large ping differences. I hope they decide to add it before I get sick of the BS.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
This thread's gonna be awesome, we got shit posts galore already

Played 300 hours, encountered maybe one cheater when I first started. I play in first person.

lexible

Oct 25, 2017
Australia

This sentiment is wrongheaded. Cheating is exceptionally rare in most online PC games, you might run into a cheater in Overwatch once in 500 games.

Cheating in PUBG atm is maybe 1 in 5. It's a serious problem, and the range of cheats being used is extraordinary. Cheating in most games involves Triggerbots, Aimbots, Wall hacks, and the like. Cheating in PUBG can be someone just deciding to set your is.Alive flag from 'true' to 'false'. Like, what the fuck, why is that possible at all?

Jacobson

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't encountered a single cheater yet in SEA servers. Granted, I've only played around 30+ games. There was one dude who was suspicious that killed me when I was behind the wall, but I wasn't sure if the death cam was just unreliable. he was shooting at me before I got to the wall and died behind the wall.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This sentiment is wrongheaded. Cheating is exceptionally rare in most online PC games, you might run into a cheater in Overwatch once in 500 games.

It's a lot more rare on consoles though, seems much easier to cheat in PC gaming than it is consoles so I don't think the sentiment from the poster was completely wrong.

I feel for you PC players though, cheating always infuriates me.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give an Early Access game that barely went 1.0 in mid-December just to be eligible for GOTY, brehs!

I made the verbal commitment just to buy this game as a sort of lost bet, but every time I turn around, there's a new rumor of cheating. All the recent reviews are negative on Steam. Why would I purchase that?
What a dumb shitpost to make. Yeah i guess no multiplayer games can receive GOTY now because they can be hacked i guess.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I once defeated a level 500 Ornstein from China in Dark Souls 3. Feels goodman but also feels badman.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I play with friends exclusively on OC TPP servers. It's not hyperbole to suggest that every other game has at least one hacker in it. It's truly the wild west- You'll win a game with a squad, watch the replay, and find out they were cheating, but in the end you still won- you'll think to yourself, "At least they were only using x and y hacks and not shooting at me through a mountain." You'll have people with aimbots but not using them well/correctly, so you'll have somebody fire on you while you're in cover and noticing that the bullets are all clustered together and conveniently where your head could be if you leaned to the left. Dudes will be hopping on the tops of mountains and standing in the middle of fields, firing on everything within an kilometre of themselves with an aimbot.

It's a legitimate reason to not buy the game.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
So what, about 5% of accounts are banned for cheating. That's an insane amount.

Hopefully they keep the console servers separate indefinitely (unless they perform a miracle and get rid of cheating completely).

Nowise10

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a huge plus for console gaming, in that modding isn't possible. Read way to many stories of modders ruining PC games.

Zakari2112

Jan 11, 2018
I love them.

Make the YouTube videos funny too watch
This is a very different opinion from most of the thread, at least from what I've seen. Your post made me laugh.

I haven't encountered any cheaters that I'm aware of, but I'm not particularly good, either.

I'm in the same boat. I just got a PC this weekend and I don't think I've encountered any hackers or I just haven't realized it. If something seems really fishy I review the death cam. I've also been trying to educate myself on what the cheating looks like, that way I can spot it and help. Hopefully the problem gets fixed or addressed soon.

SLB1904

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is a very different opinion from most of the thread, at least from what I've seen. Your post made me laugh.

Pubg is my jam on youtube
That shit is hilarious
I saw I video of this guy running so fast that guy who was shooting at him couldn't stop laughing at some point he started driving and he was chasing him

This game man is incredible

Deleted member 11934

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this is my take on it aswell, COD WW2 at the moment is super infested with hackers, maybe not as bad as PUBG but they are there. Basically every PC game in the market that has something to do with winning, people just cant take losses so they have to hack. It's fucking bullshit.
Every?

I don't know. Titanfall 2 and Siege looks fine to me. Overwatch too. WW2 was a shitfest even in beta.

Havok_

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly cheating has slowly been ruining online gaming on PC... Having an infrastructure in the middle like live or psn really helps

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Pubg is my jam on youtube
That shit is hilarious
I saw I video of this guy running so fast that guy who was shooting at him couldn't stop laughing at some point he started driving and he was chasing him

This game man is incredible

Maybe by your third post you'll get the reaction you crave.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I get so many Chinese players in my games, it's so damn annoying. The players themselves are cool, but it makes no sense that we're matching with each other.

TPP mode is a hacker filled hell hole. This is because hacking is easier in TPP, where you can see more of your surrounding to auto lock onto enemies. But if they can now auto heal and revive, FPP is going to get plagued too.

The region locking or ping limits cant come fast enough.

SLB1904

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe by your third post you'll get the reaction you crave.

Of course someone would transform my comment in some warrior bullshit
And doesn't even make fucking sense

Type pubg funny glitch and moments on youtube

Also bonus
Pubg funny voice chat

Spoiler it's huge

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
PUBG desperately needs local Australian servers with ping limits because goddamn are they infested with hackers from Ocean regions (namely China). I hate blaming hackers for a loss, but when it happens it's so blatant. Tracking through walls and terrain, unrealistic accuracy over absurd distance, and super speed. Come on.
Our Oceanic servers are Australian-based aren't they? AWS has three services in Sydney and I'm presuming that's what PUBG uses for the OCE region as SEA/China is seperate.
I mean, yeah it is incredibly frustrating dying to a cheater but if that happens to me say 1 out of 10 games that isn't too bad for money value. But everyone has a different value on the product they buy.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Of course someone would transform my comment in some warrior bullshit
And doesn't even make fucking sense

Type pubg funny glitch and moments on youtube

Also bonus
Pubg funny voice chat

Spoiler it's huge
Your position on this seems pointless and only looks to gain attention. You make silly posts, then once you get the attention you craved, you attack the poster.

Deleted member 36557

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 20, 2017
Played a round for the first time last night since moving back to Japan and encountered my first case of cheating. I assume I played on the Asian server? Totally ruins the fun.

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cheaters in lans wouldn t get away alive, enjoy the internet.
I understand cheating solo, one may be a glutton for new games, i do it a lot (a reason why i won t brag about finishing games), but in multiplayer, cheating for exclusive capabilities -unless sanctioned for wtf sessions- that's lame for fellow players even though i understand it may be a tool made to diminish the playerbase of a game with bad exploitative schemes.

SLB1904

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Your position on this seems pointless and only looks to gain attention. You make silly posts, then once you get the attention you craved, you attack the poster.

This comment is a mix of backseat mod and misleading. The typical.

I just expressed what I like about pubg

I watch all the time funny videos on YouTube about this game

People negotiating about loot or even other people giving a ride to other players pretending to be uber drive all sort of shit

Why would someone be offended by that?

This is so weird

Pandy

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
At the moment there are more issues with the servers/net-code than there are with cheaters. The game is still a mess.

When it comes to cheaters, though, the death-cam and replays do occasionally give me some comfort after a bullshit death that I was probably cheated rather than outplayed. Mostly aim-bots or recoil-macros, but started to notice a few things that look like wall-hacks. Not seen this speed healing thing yet though.

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
That's the truth. All but one game I've tried to play recently has ended with a blatant cheater killing me. Shame because I do love it. Hope they get it worked out.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never understood how one gains satisfaction from winning a rigged competition. It's not like there's anything that's actually on the line. They don't win money or fame.

Oh, cool, you won because you made it so you couldnt lose. In a random video game match where nothing is at stake. Neat, i guess.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I sometimes think the kind of life people who cheat in an online videogame must have. Let that sink in for a second: these people are so unable to get satisfactions in life that they need to win (using cheats, because they aren't even good at the game) in a "pointless" videogame to feel vindicated. Pretty pathetic stuff. Makes me glad I'm playing on Xbox, albeit there's people glitching and stuff there too but it's nowhere near as bad as shown here. Wasn't there a news a while ago they've been banning like 30k (thirtythousand!) people a day for hacking?

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
I never understood how one gains satisfaction from winning a rigged competition. It's not like there's anything that's actually on the line. They don't win money or fame.

Oh, cool, you won because you made it so you couldnt lose. In a random video game match where nothing is at stake. Neat, i guess.

But doesn't winning games get you more currency for loot box stuff? And I think you can sell the rare stuff on market place for a decent amount of cash.
Seems like incentive to cheat is there. I maybe wrong, all my PUBG know how is through YT videos

Gritesh

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't cheating ruin the game and then drive down the user base thus rendering the sale of in game items worthless because nobody cares anymore since cheating ruined the game?

Seems the Chinese hackers are shooting themselves in the foot.

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

But why would anyone who already has a PC that is probably much more powerful than a Xbox invest so much money(if you buy the new one) to play this bad game with worse graphics and next to no FPS?
Its not like its suddenly flawless on Xbox

People just need to look into other games that are even in the same Genre 10 times better and get updates with the Developers actually caring.
They as it seems sacrifice their western audience cause they don't want to seperate them from the Chinese Market which seems is the mainsource of cheaters - Until this is fixed and they have a serious Anti-Cheat System running they should seperate regions.
If this were a game from EA or Ubisoft this would be everywhere on the gaming news and they would get slaughtered for not reacting or doing anything but instead people still hype this game up and want to give the developers all kinds of awards lol

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ask Patriots fans.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But doesn't winning games get you more currency for loot box stuff? And I think you can sell the rare stuff on market place for a decent amount of cash.
Seems like incentive to cheat is there. I maybe wrong, all my PUBG know how is through YT videos

I dunno, I was never into Game Genie as a kid, either. I play games for the challenge.

Golden_Pigeon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am yet to encounter a detectable cheater so far. I guess i'm really lucky. I'm playing in FPP, i heard that there is less cheaters there. Also, i'm not in the top 10 % so i guess it help also.

They should stop Steam Market until they got the cheater issue solved, but we know it will never occure.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand how anyone can enjoy doing these kind of things?
Do people really have that much time to waste?
Is it enjoyable playing a game in this way?
I would think it would get boring pretty fast, as there are no rewards for doing such a thing, and nothing competitive.
It just doesn't compute in my brain!
Don't underestimate the spare time or stupidity of teenagers.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I'm not sure I've encountered any cheaters thus far.

There was one guy who was decidedly suss. He shot me despite maybe half a pixel of me being visible around a corner and his aim seemed awfully quick. Could have just been latency though, he might have been able to see me on his screen.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I just don't understand how anyone can enjoy doing these kind of things?
Do people really have that much time to waste?
Is it enjoyable playing a game in this way?
I would think it would get boring pretty fast, as there are no rewards for doing such a thing, and nothing competitive.
It just doesn't compute in my brain!

Presumably it's for the fun of screwing with other people.

Like if you've ever sniped at someone with a silenced weapon and then laughed as they ran around in circles trying to figure out where it's coming from.

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
People just need to look into other games that are even in the same Genre 10 times better and get updates with the Developers actually caring.

The trouble is that there is basically one other game that even exists in the same genre and a lot of people don't like it for one reason or another. I don't even mind Fortnite's art style. I don't like the building stuff, I don't like that you can't ADS with weapons aside from a handful that are very rare to find, I don't like that no matter where you drop there's probably going to be 4 other people right next to you, I don't like that you are completely forced to have to fight a ton of people if you want a chance at getting remotely decent gear since there's so few lootable spots in the map, and I don't like that early game gunfights feel like they're 75% based on who got the better weapon. And aside from Fortnite and I guess King of the Kill there's nothing else that's particularly noteworthy in the entire BR genre.

Honestly hackers aren't even the biggest problems that the game has right now. I've encountered a couple flagrant ones but the game in general has so much jank in it, and it's being introduced into the game at a much faster rate then it's being fixed. Even after all the fixes it feels like a crapshoot whether or not the game will actually allow you to pick up guns early-game and the lag compensation is horrific to the point where as people have already pointed out you're at a massive advantage if you're at a way higher ping.

At this point I feel like a lot of the population is just sort of coasting along waiting for all the competition to flood in and for a game with the gameplay that's as good as PUBG to come along that doesn't have all of the technical problems holding it back. It's core gameplay loop is amazing but there's so much BS you have to put up with.