• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Power Shot

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very excited to be here. I'm a researcher busy working on a PhD in rhetoric and literacy, specializing in video games. Forums like these are a big part of my research, so thanks for having me.

Yggfk

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Hello guys, new member here. I've been lurking the other place for 3 years and boy am I glad that my account never got activated there. Even without posting and only knowing members from reading their stuff, I feel connected to this place (and its denizens) because the community is so forward thinking and inclusive it just feels good to be here. Cheers, ERA!

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Moderator Supernorn is also a developer at Chucklefish Games.

Oh wow. Considering Starbound is my most played Steam game of all time (at 192 hours) this is great news for me. :)

That's me. Since it's a new forum, I thought I'd take the opportunity to switch my username so it matches up with my Twitter name.

You've always been one of my favorite users, so it's amazing news to see you here. It really seems like the best of the best managed to make the transition. Hugs and love!

DrMario

Oct 27, 2017
Why not let me perform surgery on you to see for yourself?

(The imposter would be me. Since I got perma'd on the other forum I figured it would probably be better to start with a clean slate and a new username. But after reading Shinobi's post about Resetera being a hard reset for everyone, I'm trying to get my old account name back, so drmario can continue to be drmario)

A game of Dr Mario would also work for me though.

Well if we're being honest, if it comes down to a Dr. Mario battle I'm gonna lose. Love the game, never been particularly great at it. I am a real doctor though if that counts for anything. Lol

larrybud

Oct 25, 2017
woo-hoo, first post on the new site! was a member at the old place since late 2013. looking forward to visiting ResetEra for a long time to come. thanks to everyone who worked hard to set us up in a good spot.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very impressed with how fast the acceptance was.

I'm probably still going to fluctuate between the two places, but it looks like the party is happening here so I'll probably stay in this vicinity.

Chromax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Finally have a home on the internet again, glad to be a part of this new era.

Oct 27, 2017
Lexington, KY
Hi all. Glad to have a new place to obsessively browse multiple times a day like I did the previous place.

Really good work by the new staff on the new forum, congratulations on the quick turnaround launch. I like the unofficial dark theme set up by remz, I recommend making that one official soon. And finally, thanks a lot for having me on the board!

Ikaruga

Oct 27, 2017
Austria
had 200k users roughly but how many of those were banned or lurkers? I think Era is already bigger by just taking active users into account, I am a bit surprised how fast the switch was handled, congrats to the staff and everyone else in this thriving community!

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly feel this has been a blessing in disguise. I guess [REDACTED] talk is not welcome so let me just say I can't appreciate enough what the Era team has accomplished. Gaming needs a lively, progressive forum.

Nauren

Oct 30, 2017
Gotta say. I was skeptical someone could create a vast community so quickly and eloquently. I'm blown away at the setup here already. Good job to those involved.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Hi! I got banned from gaf but lurked for about two years. So glad i can come here and u are open to have a fresh start.

My body is ready :)

DigiDom

Oct 30, 2017
I'm glad this place came together so quickly. It's good to see all the familiar faces from GAF.

Corto

Oct 29, 2017
Yayyyyy. Another migrant here. Glad to see so many familiar faces/avatares... And congratulations to the admin, tech and mod teams. Godspeed!

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I come from the other side. So the family moves on. Hello again everyone!

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Never made a Neogaf account, I was a so called lurker. Always have an issue with joining an existing community, as a newcomer you always feel left-out.
ResetEra feels fresh, I know many of the old place followed but it is different. Happy to see such a positive reaction to this new place though, I was sure it would catch on but not in such a great way. Keeping it that will be the next challenge.

Martoridley

Oct 29, 2017
I`m really happy to have been accepted here. This is already a great place! Been also lurking on the other Forum for about 4 years.

Oct 30, 2017
I didnt like the rules or how stupid the policy there in neogaf. But I did love the community. This is a match made in heaven and I am all in. I also do like shinobbi, so I am staying here.

Oct 27, 2017
I think one of the best things is how quickly they're approving accounts. They've done well over 20k users in barely a week. It's amazing! Bravo to the mod & administrator teams.

Vagger

Oct 29, 2017
It is indeed amazing how fast they're approving accounts, I'm thankful for that. Seems such a polite community!

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never made a Neogaf account, I was a so called lurker. Always have an issue with joining an existing community, as a newcomer you always feel left-out.
ResetEra feels fresh, I know many of the old place followed but it is different. Happy to see such a positive reaction to this new place though, I was sure it would catch on but not in such a great way. Keeping it that will be the next challenge.

Wanted to make a GAF account 3 times. Always was denied for whatever reasons... So happy to be part of this one.

BTW for the "migrants"

IZrhCPm.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna be real interesting a year from now to do a whole retrospective on the events that transpired over the last two weeks.

In any case, glad to see how much of a good start this place has gotten off to and looking forward to see what it becomes in future. There were a lot of people who were celebrating the "death" of GAF and it's community – but tbh I'd like to see them proven wrong and see ERA become as influential as GAF was it not more.

Never set foot in Neogaf, not even lurking. I knew of it, but had no desire to be apart of it, really. Like most people, I saw the flames as it burnt to the ground. Decided to follow the refuge train over here and see what they could make themselves. I like it a lot so far.

Zer0Dystopia

Oct 29, 2017
Never set foot in Neogaf, not even lurking. I knew of it, but had no desire to be apart of it, really. Like most people, I saw the flames as it burnt to the ground. Decided to follow the refuge train over here and see what they could make themselves. I like it a lot so far.

Ditto. I'm glad I decided to join!

Garmonbozia

Oct 27, 2017
I'd only been a member for a year in the other site, but I lurked on it for quite a while. I'm so glad to see that the spirit of the community lives on here.

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Long time NeoGAF member here. Still browsing both forums, although I gotta say Era feels fresh and more energized at the moment. I hope that continues beyond the honeymoon period when the new-forum-smell is gone. Right now I have a very good feeling about this place. Also, kudos to everyone on making this migration so smooth.

Oct 30, 2017
Just got approved. Glad to be here, glad to get out of the GAF as it seemed poisoned after all the recent events. And that's the last negativity about all that for me - back to positivity and fun discussions.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
I just want to echo what others are saying; to pull off a forum that's running this well, with this many new users, in such a short space of time, is a fantastic achievement-the team should be super proud!

Approval was also super fast-someone needs to post the Banderas gif cut with being approved for ERA!