• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Power Shot

Oct 27, 2017
Hi! That sounds like 20,000+ ethics forms and a bit of a headache :P
Not as many as you might think. My research focuses on literacy and how gamers talk about video games. I'm proposing alternative perspectives on game criticism from those practiced in academia (which heavily emphasizes literacy learned through more traditional media). As such, ethics forms don't really come into play because I can just freely cite posts.

Rare Opiums

Oct 28, 2017
I've been lurking the old site for 4 years but I always hesitate to register.

It seems like many people there (both mods and members) was too intense, which discourage new members like me to contribute.

I understand that we are passionate with our hobby, but it should not be an expense for being nice to each other

That's why I really glad ResetEra exist. It allows old members (GAF users) and new member to establish a better community by learning from the previous mistakes.

In a way, it was a blessing in disguise for all of us.

Oct 29, 2017
b79nr8w.gif

I promise I'll be good this time around.

Retsudo

Oct 28, 2017
Well, just noticed i got approved... So hello once again everyone.

Happy to be amongst such people once more.

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
I used to lurk on GAF but never registered, mostly because the atmosphere could get pretty toxic and overly whiny over there. This place seems quite positive and nice so far and I hope it stays this way. It's also nice to be approved so quickly.

senjutsusage

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Senjutsu showed up too?? Happy to see you!

Yep, I'm here! Like how it alerts me to the fact I've been quoted, or else I wouldn't have found these posts. Happy to be onboard.

We might have had the occassional arguments back in the day, but it's good to see you on here, Sage.

You too, leeh! Welcome!

Haha, it's alright. I probably had the occasional argument with everyone. :P I'm excited to have a fresh start.

Denis_Dyack

CCO at QEE
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario Canada
Haha, love the gifs. :)

On this topic regarding ResetERA - I do not have posting privileges so

Would anyone with posting privileges volunteer to create an "adopt a thread" for me titled "Message to ResetERA on behalf of Denis Dyack"? If so please PM me. I will take the first PM volunteer.

We had 1.5-hour podcast where we created segment specific for this community. I can pm the post so you can see that it stays with community rules and guidelines before posting of course.

Thanks!