• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Fallout 76's first major patch is out now on PlayStation 4, and Bethesda wasn't kidding when it warned it would be big.

The patch, which we're downloading now, weighs in at a whopping 47.258GB. Fallout 76 itself on PS4 takes up 53.04GB.

Bethesda has said the patch brings with it fixes for quests, the user interface, camps and more. It focuses on game performance and stability on all platforms.

"This update will be large compared to what we expect for patches going forward," Bethesda said.

"Regular updates will always vary in size, but future updates should be much smaller in comparison."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-19-fallout-76s-first-major-patch-is-a-whopping-47gb

Fallout 76 is game that keeps on giving.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If you preloaded the game and stayed up-to-date, you've downloaded what, ~150GB for it at this point?

This is nuts.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I'm downloading it right now and I have no words. What's up with their client?

data

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, they're putting another game into your game so that you can play the game in the game

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game is the poster child for locking in a release date and not changing it regardless of the state of the game.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is the biggest joke in all of gaming. If it doesn't win fail of the year then what's the point of even holding a fail of the year?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah its a whole new client download. Hope its worth it... Im curious about the PS4 pro performance after this

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
every patch on xbox so far basically replaced the entire game every time, including the beta patches

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
JX1yzxR.jpg

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
This game is the biggest joke in all of gaming. If it doesn't win fail of the year then what's the point of even holding a fail of the year?

The Spider-Man proposal wins it hands down. That's real life failure that's not even comparable to releasing a below average game with large updates.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
what is the final install size after patches? are they just not diffing the patches and re-downloading the same assets?

Zexen

Oct 27, 2017
The file structure hierarchy must be pretty awful if each time they release a patch they have to pack the whole thing into these big ass archives. It's even more strange that precedent Bethesda games didn't suffered from this issue, pretty much every parts of them were split among several archives (one for meshes, another for textures, sound, animations etc...).

Everything can't be THIS fucked to the point that almost the whole game need to be patched even though it suffers from many problems.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
"It's ok guys, we're known for this, the fact our games are broken messes is part of our charm!"

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Wasn't there a thread about how the engine wasn't to blame? I missed the conclusion of that, who is to blame? Dev time? Management?

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game just keeps on giving, imagine choosing this over all the other games recently released due to budget. Fuck BGS, I hope this negatively affects them like Battlefront 2 did with EA

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
As if I needed another reason to give up on this game. I'm not downloading that. That's two days of patching with my crappy Internet. Not worth it.