1. Zippo

Zippo

[​IMG]

Do you guys think they're keeping the Zero designs or are we expecting Fox to get yet another redesign?

2. TheDinoman

TheDinoman

The characters being redesigned every game seems to be a running gag in the Star Fox franchise so I'd expect this to follow suit lol

As long as we don't go back to that lameass Command/Brawl/Smash 4 design, I'm good.

3. The Zero design is pretty strong, but I imagine the main team will get new suits more appropriate for racing

4. BlueManifest

BlueManifest

Snes fox and Wii U fox look best

5. Plankton2

Plankton2

Zero in Smash, Racing will be new.

6. Retromelon

Retromelon

Nah ho. Did you even see star fox assault fox? Look at that cocky grin as he trains his gun on you, he knows he could fuck you up. Swag

7. I hate all of them except for the original and Zero's
    Especially since Melee's isn't in the bunch

8. Spring-Loaded

Spring-Loaded

I’ve felt similarly about multiplayer for this series for a while. Assault had an excellent template for good multi with longevity (a bunch of varied stages, myriad weapons, jet packs, characters) but it was relegated to only four players at a time and had no online. The on-foot and tank controls were wonky even at the time, but it barely mattered against other humans. That was the best the multiplayer was in the series for me, and it still felt like it couldn’t fully shine.

I enjoy online racing games, so if this is how SF gets a compelling multiplayer, then I’m all for it. Now that Nintendo has some experience with actually significant online multiplayer (Splatoon), there’s more hope.

9. louisacommie

louisacommie

Star fox should have a battle mode please.

10. Cinemikel

Cinemikel
    Banned Member

You should stop talking

11. Wamb0wneD

Wamb0wneD
    Banned Member

No no, let him talk. This is fun.

12. New Fang

New Fang

If we come out of E3 still not knowing what Retro is working on I’m going to lose my shit.

I need to know whether this is real NOW.

13. MELLO

MELLO

Where yall be hearing this from lol?

14. Datajoy

Datajoy

Its not like these are drastic redesigns.. at first glance they are all very similar with only minor cosmetic changes (apart from perhaps the SNES version being pretty different). Unless I am missing something.

15. Tycho Kepler

Tycho Kepler

I hope we see Miyu and Fay get re-canonized now that Star Fox 2 is an officially released game.

16. louisacommie

louisacommie

Weird to think of the 3 star fox timelines the latest one to get updated was the original, plus 100 percent of its games are good, as opposed to 0 percent, and maybe 50 percent good, depending on if you really like assault, maybe more if you also like adventure's.

17. Mandos

Mandos

I like Assualt, the actual Star fox parts are all solid it’s a little short is all. And adventure is solid as a spinoff(and my first Zelda game)... so 75%. I also liked zero, soooo

18. Spring-Loaded

Spring-Loaded

Pretty much every character has to be playable now. Watch us get rob64 in the character select

[​IMG]

And of course Kursed would be in there as a Krystal alt

They’re different enough to be able to have a preference though, right?

19. Wander_

Wander_

Why is this thread still going

20. Spring-Loaded

Spring-Loaded

There’s only one way to stop it

21. Zippo

Zippo

If we're getting both this and Wave Race at E3, I'm already satisfied, this is already on top of Smash, Pokemon and Prime 4. This E3 could truly be one of the greats.

22. The more I think about this game the more excited I get for the concept. But also the more worried I get that the specific idea in my head (that's rad as hell) isn't going to be what the game is so it probably won't live up to it.

23. Spring-Loaded

Spring-Loaded

embrace it, put it into words and let the hype become you

24. Revolsin

Revolsin

My thoughts are more "They really wouldn't pursue something this weird unless they really knew what they were doing"

25. StarPhlox

StarPhlox

Retro has a perfect track record and has a history of resurrecting troubled franchises. Star Fox is near and dear to my heart and I trust they'll make another special game if this turns out to be true.

26. Oh I think the game will be great. Probably the best Star Fox game. Retro's never done wrong by me. But will it be the absurdly crazy cinematic action racer I'm envisioning... Some aspects, yes probably will be. But others I wonder if they'll go far enough to match the vision in my head. Hope so!

27. Spring-Loaded

Spring-Loaded

Not to mention they could set the stage for more traditional levels/games in the future

With this game, hope for the series is restored, so that we might see something like this, in this game or in followups

[​IMG]

28. Skies

Skies

I wouldn't count on it being at E3. All rumors point to this being a 2019 title and Nintendo's PR for E3 specifically said that 2019 software will be announced at a later date.

I am hoping this leak will cause Nintendo to change their mind and push the reveal up.

29. Plankton2

Plankton2

Don't know why people put stock into that, they will lie so they can surprise you, especially for E3.

30. Neoxon

Neoxon
    Community Resettler Member

To be fair, Nintendo said “focus on [insert year here]” previously. Now Nintendo went as far as to say that 2019 titles will be featured at a later date. Due to that, I can understand where Skies is coming from.

31. If people are expecting it at e3 and it doesn’t show up then it may lead to people forgetting about it potentially having more of an impact in August or September

32. carlosrox

carlosrox

I'm a real gamer and I enjoyed SF0 even though the controls weren't exactly intuitive. Game would be way better had the controls been like the first two games or something more digestible.

I don't feel the need to shit on the game at every given moment though.

People are really annoying about this game. Makes me roll my eyes into my fucking skull.

33. MrMephistoX

MrMephistoX

I’d be okay with it as long as there’s some kind of fully 3D dog fighting mode in multiplayer. It’s kind of an on rails racer anyway so racing with enemies coming at you too might work? I didn’t think Retro could pull off Prime as an FPS back in the day so I might be pleasantly surprised.

34. Skies

Skies

Thanks.

That is exactly where I am coming from.

35. Sander VF

Sander VF

Oh, you have envisioned Redline in game form, haven’t you? But with Starships, huh?

36. Lulzwagon

Lulzwagon

I loved Star Fox 0 and all this negativity surrounding it makes me sad. I'm glad Nintendo hasn't given up on the franchise.

37. Well, that’s because the game’s entire existence was basically obnoxious pig-headedness from Miyamoto. They proceeded despite early and repeated feedback that the interface wasn’t working for players. And it cost the franchise another entry.

A racing game would be a good way to recapture the earlier game mechanics in an accessible multiplayer mode with decent visuals. So it’s a good thing.

38. tapedeck

tapedeck

I loved DKR and I love Star Fox.

That said, this sounds really dumb.

39. TreIII

TreIII

Even there, though, "featured" is language that does leave a bit of a possibility, in my eyes.

Now, stuff like Smash 4 and Splatoon 2's expansion? These are examples of games that are clearly going to be the primary focus of Nintendo's E3 this year. We're going to see a LOT of coverage for them and others that Nintendo is going to promote heavily. But, at least to me, it doesn't at all preclude the notion that they'll do more Prime 4 style teases and quick drops for some of these games that may be "2019" (or later), just to make sure that there's plenty of stuff to have on people's minds well after E3 is over.

So, that's why I could see why some (including myself at this point) are hoping for a bit more. Not expecting it, but it definitely would be appreciated.

40. night814

night814

SF0 killed my hands after like 10 minutes I recently tried to play it again and I literally couldn't play it, that being said I love 643D and would have loved a new game done just like it.

41. Skies

Skies

I'm wondering if "spinoff" is just assumed by insiders just because of the change in genre, and not the official stance of Nintendo and Retro. The Star Fox IP seemed dead in the water as an on-rails shooter in our current gaming climate, and space racing would be a natural progression for the IP without sacrificing the core gameplay of the franchise like Star Fox Adventures did.

A recent example of a Nintendo game changing genres is Kid Icarus: Uprising, which certainly is not considered a spinoff by Nintendo or consumers. But if you had heard rumblings of a new Kid Icarus being an on-rails shooter without actually seeing the game, you might have thought otherwise.

42. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

Because we’re having a great discussion on how Retro will knock this out of the park

43. TreIII

TreIII

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with Stealth and some others' words on this. It's only assumed a spin-off because it's something different, even though all signs point to that this Retro's vision for the brand going forward.

44. Datajoy

Datajoy

? ? ?

Because people are still discussing the game / rumor? What a strange post..

45. Skies

Skies

Oh I wasn't aware that Stealth was also saying this wasn't a spinoff.

I'm starting to become really hyped for this. We might finally be getting a modern take on the Star Fox series, by fucking Retro Studios!

46. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

I’m on board with Stealth too. He said this is considered not as a spinoff, but as what Star Fox should be.

I think these sources/media call it a “spinoff” because it’s racing.

47. Phendrift

Phendrift

This is definitely the next main series entry, and probably an evolution of the gameplay. I didn’t even think that was up for debate....

Thread title should definitely be changed.

48. Datajoy

Datajoy

I dont see why the title should be changed tbh. The only info we have from reliable sources is that the game is a racing spin-off somewhere in between DKCR and F-Zero. Anything beyond that is certainly still up for debate and mostly the result of wandering imaginations...

49. ReyVGM

ReyVGM

People "hate" SF Zero because of the controls, NOT because it's on rails -_-

*edit*
    Oh you're that Harman Smith guy. No wonder most posts of yours have a lot of drivel. And I'm only reading from the last page.

50. MusclesAreGirly

MusclesAreGirly
    Banned Member

Why not just add Star Fox to Mario Kart?