• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Retro's Superman game has been canceled and Rocksteady's gritty Starfox reboot is on hold until the release of Starlink: Battle for Atlas.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Either the game needs more time in the oven, or Nintendo didn't want this to overshadow Fox's appearance in Starlink.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The very first trailer Nintendo showed was for a 2019 game.

Retro's games typically are announced at E3 with a release date for later that year. If this was a 2019 game (which insiders said it would be weeks/months ago) then it wasn't going to be at this E3, even if they did show other 2019 games.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Retro's games typically are announced at E3 with a release date for later that year. If this was a 2019 game (which insiders said it would be weeks/months ago) then it wasn't going to be at this E3, even if they did show other 2019 games.
Bullshit. Prime 3 was announced in 2005 when Nintendo showed a behind closed doors demo for the recently announced Nintendo Revolution. That game came out in August 2007.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're making a shovelware racing game and they still couldn't have anything to show for E3?

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
The longer they wait to even announce anything, the more fans are going to be disappointed and the worse off they look as a brand.

Not good.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
I think this is what's going on: Retro was working on four projects in the past 5 years. DKCTF Port, which released. Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, which is likely being timed to kick off the Prime 4 hype train. A game that seemingly didn't do so hot and could possibly be cancelled. And a Star Fox racing spin off. IMO, the game that might have been cancelled could have been a big blow, but I think them also spending time on two ports probably makes that blow seem bigger than it likely is. It's still very bad that we haven't seen a new game from them yet-but what we've heard makes some sense. It doesn't sound like a gigantic studio closing disaster, just a pretty big fuck up.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Bullshit. Prime 3 was announced in 2005 when Nintendo showed a behind closed doors demo for the recently announced Nintendo Revolution. That game came out in August 2007.

That and Prime 1 are the only games to have been announced and not released (or positioned to be released) in the same year. Their other 3 games were announced with a release date in the same year, which is why I said "typically".

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Whoops

8D0AL24.png

...what point about Liam is this intended to make?

Deleted member 26462

User requested account closure
Oct 30, 2017
Raven Software for Activision.

Warnes Bros Montreal.

Retro for Nintendo.

All 3 are the same kind of developer.

We need to admit it asap.

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
That he's had to protect his account because the usual manchildren are sending abuse because their game didn't show up in a conference
Think he had to protect his account because he said to keep expectations low for Nintendo's E3 yesterday and the usual manchildren started sending abuse over that.

kizmah

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
This is getting ridiculous Retro. Almost 5 years since TF and still nothing. This racing game better be mindblowing. Or it better actually be Eternal Darkness.

Deleted member 26462

Oct 30, 2017
The problem is people need to stop believing Retro is some tier 1 studio for Nintendo.

For Nintendo it's an obvious NO.

It's not a secret that NoA and NoJ were facednin the pasta about Retro, i wonder if the situation is similar nowadays, biñut after seeing they helped with MK7 and 8 and are MIA since Tropical Freeze, seems like Retro is no longer relevant for Nintendo.

Method

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo needs to invest in another studio in America, and give more autonomy for game development to those studios out here... I miss games like nba Courtside, etc

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Nintendo intentionally leaks out stuff to drum up hype, and they have a list of outlets that they leak the real stuff too and a list of outlets to leak nonsense to to keep you guessing. And Eurogamer is the latter.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
There is a ton of stuff that could have been talked about on the Nintendo end, but wasn't for some reason.

I don't get it.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
135 pages full of disappointment haha. I still believe this thing is real
Me too. Nintendo just prefers to handle things differently. I never expected this game in 2018 and even then I don't think we have seen everything. Not shown in E3 means nothing imo. Also people should stop assuming too.much about retro, you have no idea what happens behind the curtains

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
I never believed in this, for me its still fake (and it not being on E3 only helps me believe in that)

Status
Not open for further replies.