• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Maybe retro has people planting fake leaks so we go into E3 with low expectations and they blow us away with something awesome and new.

206b.gif

giphy.gif

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nooooo, no no no no. What an incredible waste of talents.

The creators of Metroid Prime and one of the best platformers in ages are making a spinoff racing game?! Has to be fake.. just has to.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Only Nintendo could take two niche franchises fans desperately want (non-gimmicky) sequels for and come up with something nobody asked for.

That's not to say F-Zero x Star Fox couldn't be incredibly fun. Just that I'm not sure if F-Zero fans wanted a Star Fox branded F-zero like racer or Star Fox fans a racer instead of a proper Star Fox not ruined by gimmicks. At least before now.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Retro has a flawless track record of games they've released, if this is what they're making, it'll be somewhere between great and the GOAT. They made Prime and Tropical Freeze. Not at all worried or disappointed.

Besides, arcade racing badly needs a single player focused game like this. It's been a long time since Sonic and much longer since CTR or Diddy Kong Racing.

lol @ everyone putting down the game without even seeing it.
Mario and Rabbids? That sounds fucking stupid.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well Star Fox is connected to F-Zero so in a roundabout way we're finally getting a new F-Zero!

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
The idea sounds intriguing and I could see it potentially being a cool and unique game.

At the same time I wish they would stop messing around and give us a sequel to SF64. I feel like I've been waiting for 20 years and we just keep getting various abominations instead. I don't want a radical departure from the franchise I loved.

Pat

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly thinked about Retro doing a new F-Zero yesterday.

I like the idea, but they could have simply revived the F-Zero brand.

FrostyLemon

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Actually James McCloud is already in F-Zero. If this is an F-Zero game with Star Fox characters and F-Zero characters in a hub world that could be pretty cool.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In all seriousness, a Diddy Kong Racing x F-Zero in Star Fox Universe sounds cool af.

I hope is as good as Sonic Transformed.

I wonder If Sumo would keep Flying and Water segment in Sonic Racing 3 though

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking star fox?

Lmao

There is your super hardcore adventure game with deep storytelling guys

Lmao

No seriously, Id buy this but thats me

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Retro Studios making a racing game is way, way more interesting than whatever fuckshit dream game that forum goers come up with

StarTropics lmfao
Metroid Prime lmfao

Let me be Krystal and I'll buy a Switch

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody asked for that if real.

Why can't Nintendo understand what people want? Just gimme Star Fox 64 with different levels, good graphics and a standard control scheme.

Not that hard ffs, Zero was so close.

Oct 26, 2017
I was hoping no one would make this thread.

The source is apparently DasVergeben. Let's look at his past leak to find out how credible he is:

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition:

Season 3 characters include Sakura, Sagat, Cody, Sodom, 2 newcomers (I heard 2 Final Fight newcomers from one source, but Roxy and a Shadaloo Doll from another)

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite:

Season 2 as of the last update I heard from various sources compiled together will be Star-Lord, Ms. Marvel, Asura, Gill, and Lady, but the last character is one not everyone I've heard from has been able to agree on. There being multiple characters in development is likely to blame. The majority of them say Rashid while others have said Regina and one even said Apollo Justice.

Devil May Cry 5:

This will finally be announced at PSX. Dante, Vergil, and Nero will all be playable on the game. I don't know if that will be confirmed at PSX in particular alongside the reveal, but multiple sources have informed me that all three characters are on it and you can play as them.

Dragon Ball FighterZ:

3 of the DLC characters I've heard of include Broly, Base form Goku (it was noted to me that he does use the Spirit Bomb), and Base form Vegeta.

Soul Calibur VI:

I was told it'll be for PS4, PC, and Nintendo Switch. There was no Xbox One version mentioned to me yet at least.

NINTENDO:

Metroid Prime 4 should have something revealed with some in-game footage early next year from what I've heard.

Mother 3 is real. According to my source, it was completely localized and playable. The sad thing that I've heard is that it is being held back for some reason, which all I know has something to do with not knowing which month to release it in.

According to one of my sources, they claim that Square Enix is doing The World Ends With You 2 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.

Blizzard is preparing a Hearthstone port for the Switch. I'm not sure when this will be announced due to the phrasing, but I heard about this when I went to Blizzcon.

SO UH...

Ah so it's that guy huh, hmmmm.

Honestly even if true I'm not sure if I'm against it or for it. I really can't wait to see what Retro is working on next and i have faith it will be great. That being said, Ninty has Mario Kart. I kinda think that's enough?

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
The Retro cycle

*announcement*
"This is TERRIBLE. What a waste of talent on this dumb, awful, stupid idea. Ridiculous. Now we have to wait ten more years for a REAL game. Nobody wants this."

*release*
"Retro has done it again, shaping one of the finest games in its genre. I can't believe how incredible this is. But I always had faith. Retro forever."

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah because when you have F-Zero as an IP, why not make Starfox into futuristic a racing game?

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In all seriousness, a Diddy Kong Racing x F-Zero in Star Fox Universe sounds cool af.

I hope is as good as Sonic Transformed.

I wonder If Sumo would keep Flying and Water segment in Sonic Racing 3 though

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol I was just talking about this yesterday. Naughty Dog went from Crash to Jak to Uncharted to TLOU in 14 years. Meanwhile, Retro went from Metroid Prime to fucking Donkey Kong and no offense to anyone who likes Donkey Kong, but going from Metroid to DK is a big downgrade. Making a Star Fox RACING spinoff is basically hitting rock bottom.

These guys made a 97 metacritic game in 2001.

AAMARMO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do not believe these rumors and it dosent help that it came from Eurogamer who has got stuff wrong in the past such as Pokemon Stars.

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Nintendo's crack at Sonic and Sega All Stars Transformed. The Arwing transformations in some of the old games kind of make this concept work.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more this doesn't seem like the worst idea out there.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Why can't we just have another awesome Starfox rail-shooter? I mean it's not that hard, is it? Every "new" stuff they added to the franchise was shit. Just concentrate on the strengths and stop adding useless stuff like gyro-controls, puzzle-minigames, on-foot-mission or even a whole adventure-game ...

Kyussons

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WTF ? So namco is working on MP4 while Retro works on a racing game? Should be the other way around. And a Star fox racing game ? Really ? Just revive the Fzero series or port FZero GX to the switch.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
The Retro cycle

*announcement*
"This is TERRIBLE. What a waste of talent on this dumb, awful, stupid idea. Ridiculous. Now we have to wait ten more years for a REAL game. Nobody wants this."

*release*
"Retro has done it again, shaping one of the finest games in its genre. I can't believe how incredible this is. But I always had faith. Retro forever."

Exactly. "No one asked for this!" That's why it's cool.

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
Daily reminder that almost everybody hated the idea of Mario + Rabbids on paper

To be fair, Animal Crossing Amiibo festival also sounds bad on paper

Point being HAVE FAITH IN RETRO GUYS these guys will make the best dang racing game ever to grace the Earth

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Retro guy: "We were thinking about making a sci-fi racer."

Nintendo Guy: "Oh that's cool."

RG: "Do you have any properties we could use for that?"

NG: "..."

RG "You know a futuristic high speed racer?"

RG: "Possibly from one of your less popular franchises?"

RG: "With a lead named after an animal?"