• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AAMARMO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Arms has concluded its generous schedule of free content updates, Nintendo has confirmed to Eurogamer.

The Switch-exclusive fighter has had a healthy helping of extra characters, stages, modes and fighting Arms since its release last summer - but the future of this content schedule has been up in the air since a mysterious statement posted to Nintendo's Japanese help websiteback in December.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-25-arms-director-confirms-no-plans-for-bigger-updates

Jof

Nov 3, 2017
Yes.

EG late on this one.

Not really late. As is stated in the article, the only reason we knew this already was a tweet from Nintendo Japan. We never really got word on this from the US/EU sources. Now we do.

I for one am really sad about this. I'd have totally paid money for a Season 2/DLC deal. Hopefully we see a full on sequel soon, but based on the comments by the director (he wants people playing ARMS for 'years to come') it doesn't really sound like that'll happen.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's disappointing that the final product didn't reach the heights of Splatoon but I'm hoping we'll get an ARMS 2 somewhere down the line. Hopefully this time with substantial single player content. Seriously, the characters are far and away the most interesting part of the IP to me - a story mode with lots of interaction between the cast would be perfect.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
1n3p44.jpg

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not really late. As is stated in the article, the only reason we knew this already was a tweet from Nintendo Japan. We never really got word on this from the US/EU sources. Now we do.

I for one am really sad about this. I'd have totally paid money for a Season 2/DLC deal. Hopefully we see a full on sequel soon, but based on the comments by the director (he wants people playing ARMS for 'years to come') it doesn't really sound like that'll happen.

I mean, if content is going to be adde, it would come from Nintendo in Japan.

What the US/EU branches clarify is meaningless especially when their clarification is exactly the same as what we learned nearly 2 months ago.

It's old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.