• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I for one am shocked that the by far and away most popular Call of Duty subseries is getting a new game.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Sellars is the guy that hyped that Bandai Namco conference in december with huge exclusives for the Switch that never was.

Sorry but i'm still burned by that, i'll believe it when i see that Switch version.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
black ops 4....boots on ground.....best dev out of the 3

oh, fuck yes....the CoD I've been waiting for

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
I think some will declare me for fool, but I liked the story in Infinite Warfare for some reason and even though I liked BLOPS 1 and 2 I didn't like the story of BLOPS 3.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The same source says "The Switch version is also being ported by a company which is familar with COD games" so I was immediately thinking a different studio is involved.

Marcus Sellars is unreliable at best. I wouldn't take anything he says as gospel. I think Raven has only ever made one game on a Nintendo platform in their entire existence.

Isn't Treyarch the one that did the Miracle Modern Warfare 1 port on the Wii?

They did MW, MW3 and Ghosts in addition to their own games for Wii/Wii U.

MW wasn't really a miracle, Infinity Ward was just full of crap.

prag16

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Switch version with motion controls? You have my attention. I put around 200 hours into the online on Black Ops 2 on Wii U.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Marcus Sellers. Nope. I wouldn't doubt black ops 4 but Ng game details he says I won't trust.

Loakum

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they make the multiplayer in the form of the 1st Call of Duty Black Ops. I absolutely hated Black Ops 2 & 3.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Black Ops 3 was one of the worst games I've ever played.

Absolute trash. Complete garbage.

Ohto

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eurogamer is still working to verify whether or not there will be a Switch port, it says. I think there is a decent shot at a Switch version, since every other Treyarch developed Call Of Duty game (minus BO3) made their way to a Nintendo system. Treyarch also ported some of the Infinity Ward games to Nintendo hardware as well.

Yeah, this gives hope.

Although I don't like CoD, at all, usually, this I might get for Switch. CoD is console FPS through and through and could be at home on the Switch.

CoD is not even a very good looking series, so downgrading could mayhaps be done in a manner that it won't take too much air under the port?

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Marcus Sellars is unreliable at best. I wouldn't take anything he says as gospel. I think Raven has only ever made one game on a Nintendo platform in their entire existence.

They did MW, MW3 and Ghosts in addition to their own games for Wii/Wii U.

MW wasn't really a miracle, Infinity Ward was just full of crap.

None of this is too far fetched tbh, Treyarch has ported COD to the Wii U and other systems in the past

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very happy to hear this. Black Ops 3 multiplayer was incredible. One of my favorite COD multi.

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Boots on the ground" There's that phrase again. A soldier's boots are almost always on the ground, so what are they talking about?

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
I just want MW2 remaster...one of the best games of all time not getting to be played by a new gen is a shame

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
It seems this source is unreliable? So I'm not sure I'm buying this. But it would be expected, Blops is very popular.

Now the question is, do I give my money to Activision or EA (with Battlefield)?
I hate EA at the moment, so I think know what to buy IF I'm interested enough.

Switch version having motion controls is very interesting, assuming it's more 'proper' motion controls like Splatoon, Metroid Prime etc and not Doom waggle controls.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just need COD to be different. Black Ops 3 was a shit campaign and so-so multiplayer. It needs a bigger scope. The whole gameplay loop now is just so tired. Glad it's modern though

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I think Eurogamer's sources also said this.

Yeah honestly i'm not sure if even Eurogamer is that legit as a source:

Virtual console ready at launch gamecube games, they said.

Also every year they posted 2-3 interviews with Miyamoto at E3 where he says that "Pikmin 4 is ready" (since 2015): i'm starting to believe that those interviews don't exist.

They were 100% on point with the NX though.

In this case i can totally see a Black Ops 4, and a Switch version is possible (Activision wants a piece of that pie), but i'd like to see it first.

Violet1370

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Hope it's better than BO3 as that game was easily one of the worst COD games i have ever played, Was pretty disappointing after how great BO1 and BO2 were. Hoping they can do better this time.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
It seems this source is unreliable? So I'm not sure I'm buying this. But it would be expected, Blops is very popular.

Now the question is, do I give my money to Activision or EA (with Battlefield)?
I hate EA at the moment, so I think know what to buy IF I'm interested enough.

Switch version having motion controls is very interesting, assuming it's more 'proper' motion controls like Splatoon, Metroid Prime etc and not Doom waggle controls.
Eurogamer is vouching the Black Ops 4 part. The Switch part is from a very unreliable person.

@ShenmueGuru

Nov 7, 2017
I will only come back to the franchise if they revert back to the the old style of MP. That WW2 Search and Destroy with one minute rounds and maps the size of postage stamps was laughable. We all reverted back to MWR after that.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
this is a battlefield release year so im almost guaranteed to be skipping this but i may pick up both if its a strong, non high movement based black ops game
emphasis on the game needing to actually be good as fuck, the switch version is what interests me at all right now

badmoviefan

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I really hope the zombies portion is as good as it was in Black Ops II.

Is anyone else surprised there hasn't been a full on Zombies game released other than the thing on mobile? I can't be the only one who played zombies more than anything else in BO2.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah honestly i'm not sure if even Eurogamer is that legit as a source:

Virtual console ready at launch gamecube games, they said.

Also every year they posted 2-3 interviews with Miyamoto at E3 where he says that "Pikmin 4 is ready" (since 2015): i'm starting to believe that those interviews don't exist.

They were 100% on point with the NX though.

In this case i can totally see a Black Ops 4, and a Switch version is possible (Activision wants a piece of that pie), but i'd like to see it first.
Well I can't recall who did the Miyamoto interviews, but I highly doubt Eurogamer would fake interviews lmao. Pikmin 4 has to be real and coming.

Tbf the Gamecube games at VC launch can sill happen. We don't have a VC, yet. Anyways, reading through Eurogamer's source didn't tell them a Switch version is coming.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
How is Prop Hunt in the most recent CoD game by the way? I've been wanting a good prop hunt style game on consoles.