• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time a series in COD has had more than 3 entries if true.

TBH, Black ops 3 from what I saw of it kinda just threw most of the narrative of 1 and 2 away. Series is basically just "secret wars"

Oct 27, 2017
Wow didn't expect so many people to suddenly become fans of Cod just because it releases on a Nintendo platform...

I freely admit I will buy a Switch version of CoD despite not buying any of the others over the past few years (if it's a good port). The reason is simple, I would really love a good MP shooter on the platform, there are already dozens of them I can play on other platforms (and have).

Sadly, I fear the performance compromises will just be too heavy to be worth it. Also, adding motion controls might be appealing to some, but I would prefer to not have them, as including tilt control means you will have to use it to compete, and I heavily dislike swinging the switch around like that.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah honestly i'm not sure if even Eurogamer is that legit as a source:

Virtual console ready at launch gamecube games, they said.

Also every year they posted 2-3 interviews with Miyamoto at E3 where he says that "Pikmin 4 is ready" (since 2015): i'm starting to believe that those interviews don't exist.

They were 100% on point with the NX though.

In this case i can totally see a Black Ops 4, and a Switch version is possible (Activision wants a piece of that pie), but i'd like to see it first.
The worst is Pokemon Stars and rather than admitting that maybe they were wrong made an whole article of reasons why Nintendo decided not to release Pokemon Stars.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah honestly i'm not sure if even Eurogamer is that legit as a source:

Virtual console ready at launch gamecube games, they said.

Also every year they posted 2-3 interviews with Miyamoto at E3 where he says that "Pikmin 4 is ready" (since 2015): i'm starting to believe that those interviews don't exist.

They were 100% on point with the NX though.

In this case i can totally see a Black Ops 4, and a Switch version is possible (Activision wants a piece of that pie), but i'd like to see it first.
Call of Duty always gets leaked though. No reason to not trust this because some hack also guessed right.

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima Perú
If it's going to be boots in the ground I suppose it's going to be a prequel to BO3 (which I haven't played yet). Treyarch are the A team so hype is in the order of the day.

Tom

Eurogamer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know or speak to Marcus, so can't really comment on his reputation - but regardless it's important to include his tweet as context for why we're choosing to report. The details were out there, and we are confident in our sources' information to verify what has been said on this occaison.

Eurogamer reports on leaks like this when we are confident it is correct - so you can be too. Or, when we're confident something is incorrect (like the recent Battlefield Bad Company stuff) so you can avoid bad reporting.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know or speak to Marcus, so can't really comment on his reputation - but regardless it's important to include his tweet as context for why we're choosing to report. The details were out there, and we are confident in our sources' information to verify what has been said on this occaison.

Eurogamer reports on leaks like this when we are confident it is correct - so you can be too. Or, when we're confident something is incorrect (like the recent Battlefield Bad Company stuff) so you can avoid bad reporting.

Thanks Tom. You do us good. If you have any more good leaks on Nintendo like Pokémon or Metroid Prime 4 can you let us know? :D

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Day and Date COD on Switch would be a MASSIVE boon to the system. Even though I don't think it's a title that resonates especially strongly with the Switch's audience, it really strengthens the Switch's position as a real current gen console.

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
If there is a Switch version, I'll get that. Haven't played COD since MW3 on the 360, but I like the first BLOPS even better (I've really only sunk meaningful time into those two, lol). I'm not amazing at shooters so I figure won't get trounced as badly on Switch as I would on PS4 or Xbox.

TheLionsDen

Oct 27, 2017
QC/NYC
Although I like the first two Black Ops games, I'm going to have to skip on this one.

I've bought every COD game since Modern Warfare , I've been completely disappointed in all COD games this gen. I thought the problem was the futuristic setting yet I put less hours in World War 2 (the latest COD) than the past games.

Honestly, I think I've outgrown the series.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
Give me a Black Ops campaign we truly deserve.

Still disappointed it's another BLOPS, was hoping for something new.

Jan 2, 2018
I have high hopes from Treyarch and modern-era COD sounds great to me. it got me thinking though: it will be cool if Activision will hav Sledgehammer doing the historic era COD,Treyarch the modern ones and IW the futuristic titles- I would love a sequel to Infinite Warfare).

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
This is the first time a series in COD has had more than 3 entries if true.

TBH, Black ops 3 from what I saw of it kinda just threw most of the narrative of 1 and 2 away. Series is basically just "secret wars"
No one likes Black Ops 3 for it's single player Campaign mode it's really weak it's all the other modes of BO3 what everyone likes about it

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Read that as Modern Warfare 4 for a second

I enjoyed the campaigns in Blops 1 and 2 (skipped 3) but it's a disappointingly safe (yet understandable) move

Did WW2 do well enough to get a sequel? Will IW get a sequel?

Looks like Blops is the only ongoing CoD sub series

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope they introduce something else than Zombie mode. I'm in the minority but the Zombie modes in CoD were always pretty boring after a few rounds. I don't want them to divert so many ressources to a game mode I will barely play. Also telling a story with it and then finishing it in DLC packs that nobody will buy is a no go as well.

Say what you want about Ghosts but the Aliens were more interesting to fight at least.

PurelyChris

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Not to shit on EG, but I'm definitely noticing a trend of a rumour coming out, then a day later EG being like "oh yeah, we heard that too." Just seems a bit... off to me.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
After the amazing campaign of Infinite Warfare, it's sad to see them go back to the well with WW2, and now Black Ops...

Yeah I really enjoyed IW

I hope we get a sequel to that, and you know what? Lean more into Mass Effect, why the hell not

Give us a bigger ship, more squad mates, more side (read: loyalty) missions

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
On one hand, I really hope this is more of a sequel to the first two games rather than BO3's awful story.

On the other hand, holy shit CoD is coming back to Nintendo and I couldn't be more excited.

Creepy Woody

Nov 11, 2017
Australia
I just hope there are no robots like in BO3. Fighting robots in multiplayer was... it didn't feel right.

Also hope they put you in the next level, not back to that mission room thing like last BO3.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there is any chance at Switch cross play with Xbox or Playstation. Nintendo seems pretty lenient on allowing it to happen so I wonder if we'll see it here.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I hated BLOPS 3 with a passion so I have zero interest in this. That game was so bad it made Ghosts look like Half Life 3