• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Really curious how the Switch version performs.

From what I recall the Wii versions of COD did pretty well, and those came way later and looked like total garbage.

N00MKRAD

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
Treyarch please don't screw up the campaign again. I haven't played a COD game since Ghosts and the single player was just alright.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
I don't care what people say, Black Ops III was the best!

Sure, campaign was crap i agree, but the multiplayer....... best in the series by far.

I hope Black Ops IV is closer to III than the second and the first.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting this to be the case. Hopefully the story is better than the rubbish that was the BOIII story.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Modern times/boots on the ground CoD from Treyarch means I'm definitely checking it out. Hoping for something as addictive as the first two Black Ops games, those were a fantastic way to waste some time in the evenings.

Oct 25, 2017
Not to shit on EG, but I'm definitely noticing a trend of a rumour coming out, then a day later EG being like "oh yeah, we heard that too." Just seems a bit... off to me.
Because the second a topic is made on Era, other sites are going to pick it up regardless. So it becomes worthless to sit on a possible story you can't verify when everyone else begins to run it.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Day one. BLOPS 3 provided the best multiplayer experience I've had with COD in a long ass time. The campaign was truly awful though. We need an Infinite Warfare-tier campaign with BLOPS 3 multiplayer. Make it happen, Acti.

Rotimi

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Jos , Nigeria
Would be one hell of a surprise if it's on the switch, don't know what has gotten into you guys. If this rumour turns out to be false most of you would change your tune to Nintendo has bad third party support, switch is a handheld, switch can't run COD, not the right audience.

I am still taking the rumor of the switch port with a grain of salt, even if Euro gamer gets it wrong sometimes (Pokemon from the stars) the black ops 4 is a solid guess. Can't wait to hear more about it and it's eventual battle royal mode.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Modern day boots on the ground? Oh, this has me mega interested. Treyarch about to show these other devs how it's done!

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Black Ops 3 campaign problem is that it was called Black Ops 3. Besides one mention of Menendez there's nothing connecting the game to previous ones.

Deleted member 25004

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Name doesn't matter to me all that matters is boots on the ground modern gameplay by the best COD developer. Can't wait!

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Return to modern warfare…
tenor.gif

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Having a full call of duty on a handheld does sound very appealing to me (lets forget about that travesty that is declassified).

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
Don't ignore BO3 and just go for alternate history and I'll be back, different missions in different eras. I want something wacky again like the first BO.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
This is why Nintendo delayed paid online so much. They wanted a big title to justify it. Black Ops 4 baby.

BigTaffy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
Last year was the first time EVER that I did not buy Call of Duty.

It was a liberating experience to finally say I'm done with the franchise. And with Red Dead Redemption 2 this fall, and possibly another Battlefield, I can say I won't be starved for games.

Ikon

Oct 26, 2017
Huh, I always thought of Black Ops and Modern Warfare as trilogies that wouldn't get expanded on. Then again, they've been trying a few other stuff since then, with nothing really giving them the results they no doubt hope for.

If this happens I just wish they go on like BO3 never happened. I've always hated the added mobility stuff of AW, IW and BO3, and the campaign in BO3 is the worst in all of the CoD games.

Kimura

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I really enjoyed the first Black Ops. I often wonder what it would be like to slough through all of the single player campaigns on Easy. Would it be worth it? I've played COD4 and Black Ops 1. Those are the only two. Not MW2, Advanced Warfighter and all the others.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't believe what happened to the Black Ops 3 campaign. I loved the first and second so much, and the third one was just a giant turd.

Ikon

Oct 26, 2017
I really enjoyed the first Black Ops. I often wonder what it would be like to slough through all of the single player campaigns on Easy. Would it be worth it? I've played COD4 and Black Ops 1. Those are the only two. Not MW2, Advanced Warfighter and all the others.
I'd say the other Modern Warfare games are very much worth playing. Blops 2&3 are pretty shit for different reasons. Infinite Warfare is probably the best of the bunch and Advanced certainly isn't bad.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say the other Modern Warfare games are very much worth playing. Blops 2&3 are pretty shit for different reasons. Infinite Warfare is probably the best of the bunch and Advanced certainly isn't bad.

What? Black Ops 2 campaign is amazing. It does some really cool stuff with choices.

Guardians

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
I freely admit I will buy a Switch version of CoD despite not buying any of the others over the past few years (if it's a good port). The reason is simple, I would really love a good MP shooter on the platform, there are already dozens of them I can play on other platforms (and have).

Sadly, I fear the performance compromises will just be too heavy to be worth it. Also, adding motion controls might be appealing to some, but I would prefer to not have them, as including tilt control means you will have to use it to compete, and I heavily dislike swinging the switch around like that.
The Nintendo Wii U version of BO2 was great, and the Nintendo Switch is I believe equal in power to the Wii U. So a great game or port of BO4 on the Nintendo Switch is possible ;)

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if the Wii can get the CODs that PS360 could, I'm not seeing why it would be impossible for the Switch to get PS4XB1 CODs

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I love love love BO 1 and 2 to death. Some of my favorite FPS ever made. Excellent MP in my opinion. I've been an on again off again COD fan since the series inception.

I was interested in 3, but never got around to it. It felt a little too different and a little to close to AW to me.

This is all sounding pretty good to me.

Switch version! Cool! I'd love to see how it sells! I might end up getting that one as my PC (while probably still pretty good) is definitely aging. Hell, it was showing its age with AW. Couldn't even come close to maxing it out.

Gyro controls for BO4 on Switch is definitely intriguing. I hope they do a great port, and judging by the team apparently being familiar with porting to Nintendo, it should be a good one!

Ps. I also really wanted to play WW2 but just never got around to it. Aging PC doesn't help, though I could also pick up the PS4 version if I really wanted..

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
The Nintendo Wii U version of BO2 was great, and the Nintendo Switch is I believe equal in power to the Wii U. So a great game or port of BO4 on the Nintendo Switch is possible ;)

Switch is more powerful then Wii U, the downgrade from the PS4/One won't be too bad, It's not like Wii to PS3/360.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Black Ops 3 campaign problem is that it was called Black Ops 3. Besides one mention of Menendez there's nothing connecting the game to previous ones.

I'd say its problem was that it was poorly designed. They traded dramatic Call of Duty set-pieces for arena encounters that would facilitate CO-OP, and they traded having a legible story for weirdness.

Guardians

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
Marcus Sellars is a very poor source and we will not have threads based on his claims. Eurogamer did indeed embed his Tweet but Tom later addressed it was for the context of them not knowing about a Switch version as of yet:
So Eurogamer has sources besides Markus Sellars who claim that the next COD will indeed come to the Nintendo Switch?

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
How is this gonna be modern times unless it takes place in between 1 and 2? Didn't 2 take place a number of years in the future? So this won't follow the same arc I take it?