• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which of these games would you be happy to play next?

• Imperator: Rome

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Crusader Kings 2

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Europa Universalis 4

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Hearts of Iron 4

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Stellaris

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Other (Please specify in the comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah that's the problems with democracies, you get into weird situations where a vote was tied, a tie-breaker was called and now the vote isn't tied anymore. Well that and the absolutism cap of course. Time to tank our republican tradition and just become a dictatorship.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Yeah that's the problems with democracies, you get into weird situations where a vote was tied, a tie-breaker was called and now the vote isn't tied anymore. Well that and the absolutism cap of course. Time to tank our republican tradition and just become a dictatorship.
Or Gavelkind and we organize 2 games :D

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
As supreme commander and someone who hasnt vote yet (mainly because I am not gonna play), I can be the tie breaker.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
As supreme commander and someone who hasnt vote yet (mainly because I am not gonna play), I can be the tie breaker.
swing-vote-2008-shutterstock-editorial-5884543w.jpg

Kira.FA37

Jan 11, 2018
I prefer EU4, I have never played nor own CK2 so I'm not keen to make my feet wet in MP. I have heard stories of the mysterious Glitterhoof....

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Looking at the figures, and knowing that EU4 is due an update at some point in the medium term, the next game that I'll organise will be Crusader Kings 2.

I'll make a fresh thread for that shortly. Jegriva can you forward me some rules for it, as I don't even know where to start. Do we even need to declare who we're picking first for instance?

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Looking at the figures, and knowing that EU4 is due an update at some point in the medium term, the next game that I'll organise will be Crusader Kings 2.

I'll make a fresh thread for that shortly. Jegriva can you forward me some rules for it, as I don't even know where to start. Do we even need to declare who we're picking first for instance?
I will put the details about the rule in a future post: for the picks, I'd say to pick indipendent counts or non-indipendent dukes. I'll pick last.

Start dates: 937 is an incredibly balanced game, with no giant blobs, and pagan religions still totally viable. If you prefer a later date, 1066-81 are the last date during which picking a non-major religion is doable (1066 has even a Jewish kingdom!), but the situation in Europe will be dominated by the HRE and in Middle East by the Fatimids.
If you don't care a lot about non-Christian non-muslim religions (I am completely ingorant about the sitation in India), 1187 is another fun date. 867 is very very fun (especially for pagans!) but the game starts to become very long.
So I'd say 937 or 1066, in the end. It depends on how many people want to pick a pagan religion.

Behaviour rules: I'd say the game as it is doesn't let too many people banding together, so I wouldn't mind about player allying together too much. The rules I posted before are a good start, tho. You can seduce wives.

Speed: 2 or 3.

Last edited:

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Game Rules: everything at default except the following things:

Border Dispute Wars: off
Devil Worshippers: none
Major Epidemics: delayed dynamic
Childhood Focus Alerts: minimal
Nomad Stability: unstable
Sunset Invasion: fuck no, good Lord!
Mongol Invasion: delayed random
Generate Families: yes
Exclave Indipendence: Limited Naval
Defensive Pacts: off
Supernatural events: off, we don't want immortal characters, or chessgames with Death :)
Absurd Events: off
Dynamic De Jure Drift: Restricted
Culture Conversion: combination
Pagan Reformations: allowed
Multiplayer Assassinations: No Players Relatives
Multiplayer Invasions: off
Multiplayer 3rd Party Claims: limited
Pregnancy Flavor: off (less events, the better for multi)
Great Works: off
Hellenic Revival: on (a man can dream)

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I have a complete set of keys for CK2 if anyone needs it to organize the mp playthrough. If needed PM me.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Is this still happening? Just redoanloaded the game again and subscribed to the all the dlc.

I mainly play Madyas so if were still doing this then sign me up for that!

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
There's a CK2 game going on right now, but there should be an EU4 game somewhere down the line.

www.resetera.com

Crusader Kings II-ERA Multiplayer Sign Up - I've Never Betrayed Anyone In My Entire Life, Ever

We want players for the finest of medieval grand strategy RPGemups, Crusader Kings II. The base game is free, and you would not need any of the DLC to play with us, as it works off whatever DLC the host has. Our previous game was in EU4, you can see who won that game here. Play Times: Wednesday...