• To celebrate the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam, Xbox Games Studios has provided 5 Steam copies of the game and 5 Xbox One copies of the game! We will be giving these away in the Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Some Steam copies will also be given away to the PC Gaming Era community.
  • An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 3 days, 18 hours, 18 minutes, 28 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

Europa Universalis IV-ERA Multiplayer Sign Up - Everybody Wants To Rule The World

KiraFA37

Jan 11, 2018
Just a heads up that I completely forgot I have a company Christmas party to attend tomorrow so I won't be at the next session. Which means John Dunbar better starts sucking up to me in the hope that AI Mamluks doesn't backstap our alliance and eats all your lands. I hope the AI doesn't do anything stupid but I suspect any of the following will happen if not all:
  • Joins the coalition against Venice and declare wars on them.
  • Decides Kilwa shouldn't exist and declares war.
  • Becomes the defender of faith and declares a holy war on Qara and depletes all my manpower/money.
  • After beating Venice declares war on Portugal and Spain.
  • Picks my next idea group I totally do not want.
  • Allies Austria.

Keep me posted on the resulting chaos.

John Dunbar

Oct 25, 2017
Apropos of nothing, I think we should cancel tomorrow's session.

But seriously, it sounds bad for me, but it might not be. I think my AE with the Mamluks is close to ticking below 50, since it has not gone up very much in a long time as I have not been attacking any Muslim countries. If the AI breaks the alliance with me, the truce will almost certainly be enough to make it impossible for them to join the coalition. I think Kilwa and Qara are in more danger there.

Spain also isn't that upset with me, and one of their big things was that I was allied to their rival the Mamluks. With luck, they will leave the coalition rather than get into a war. It's obviously a precarious situation, but if I play my cards right I might be able to get out of the mess without the coalition ever firing. Meanwhile I will ally everyone I can in Europe to make me seem as untempting a target as possible.

Or it might go horrendously and the Mamluks and Spain will declare separate wars on me and my dreams of Italy will be in ruins.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Oh shit, AI Kira will fuck us up if we're not careful. It's like AI Uzzy, but ten times more dangerous.

I think we should actually be fine with the coalition though John Dunbar , as discussed we can get a couple of countries to back down with separate truces and some advanced diplo might keep AI Mamluks out. I'd be more afraid of AI Mamluks deciding to declare war just 'cause.

John Dunbar

Oct 25, 2017
I think we should actually be fine with the coalition though John Dunbar , as discussed we can get a couple of countries to back down with separate truces and some advanced diplo might keep AI Mamluks out. I'd be more afraid of AI Mamluks deciding to declare war just 'cause.
Yeah, we should be able to whittle down the coalition a bit if you declare on Hungary before unpausing so not to take any risks. My armies are pretty close so I should be able to siege them out pretty quick. Might want to keep the war going though, just to keep Savoy in it.

I'm also not that worried about the Mamluks in a separate war. I have been keeping my navy stronger than theirs, and I'll pump out some more galleys just to be safe. They should not be able to cross the Bosporus. And again, there will be a truce if they break their alliance with me, and they have no claims on my lands, so if there is a war it's not going to come soon. AI access is of course a complete mystery to me, so if they can go around the Black Sea then we are boned.

With Savoy and Hungary out of the picture, the coalition is just Milan and Spain. Milan hates me and might go to war just to spite me, but Spain is close to being friendly. If I can get them to leave the coalition we're golden.

Jegriva

Sep 23, 2019
I won't be playing tonight, dinner out with my sister's family. I am allied with Savoy, Bavaria, Saxony and England, so the AI might be dragged into a war.

fanboi don't play dirty with my colony in Cuba ;)

Geido

Oct 30, 2017

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
Sooo Mughals are making a comeback!

First of all, I wanted to return some cores to my vassal Dali so I could annex them afterwards. Called in Khmer who gracefully accepted the call:

With baby Ming being a champ again!

But playing EU4 while somehwat drunk is never a good plan (Whispers get very confusing). Which is why I ended up giving some cores to Ming, and not taking some at all:

Oh well. Whatever bordergore, I'll straighten you out someday.

Also, as you can see I used the mapmods Kira recommended. Looks good, except when you're dealing with some monsoons.

Eeeew!

Anyway, fun stuff! Lausebub made good on a promise he made a week back, declaring on Delhi (Jaunpur), kicking their ass and canceling all their alliances. I might just royal marry that beautiful green soab after this is all done! So I declared war against Delhi (Jaunpur) like one minute before the end of the session. Let's hope I can take them and regain my rightful clay!

And lastlay John Dunbar and KiraFA37 , don't take the rivaly personally, I really didn't have anyone else to rival. And you'll probably eclipse me soon, so free PP!

John Dunbar

Oct 25, 2017
This session could have been a disaster due to a temporary change of regime in the Mamluk empire, but instead it turned out to be one lucky break after another.

As planned, I gained a few allies in Europe to make the third coalition against Venice think twice before going to war, and then Moldavia declared war on Hungary. This dragged their coalition partner Savoy into the war, which surely gave rest of the coalition something to think about. Hungary was quickly overrun and Moldavia got plenty of land for them and their vassal Transylvania. They then went on to form the nation of Romania.

Then I noticed I had disloyal subjects, which seemed odd considering I didn't have any subjects. Then I noticed that Bohemia, the country I had just allied for a lark not ten minutes ago, was my Junior Partner in a Personal Union. And it is a damn strong Bohemia, bolstered by some Austrian and Polish lands:

Pretty much instantly after this little boon the entire coalition against me collapsed, one member after another leaving with their tails tucked between their legs. The Mamluks also stayed my allies throughout the session, so a new threat beyond the Bosporus did not materialize.

I also decided to vassalize the Knights and Austria: The Knights because their only ally is France, and I decided to add to my Mediterrean Island collection simply by annexing them later on rather than bothering with a war. I also made the OPM Austria my vassal in a brief war against Lübeck's trade league for those sweet cores. Next time I will be feeding Saxony's holdings to them.

At the end of the session there was another bit of luck. Ravensburg conquered Milan, which was annoying as I needed that province dearly and getting it through force of arms is always a major aggressive expansion hit. But instead of keeping it, Ravensburg sold this 38 development province to me for a measly 400 ducats. Now I am only one province away from forming Italy, and that is none other than our rightful capital Rome. The main goal for the next session is thus the Eternal City itself.

Provinces gained: Milan
Vassals gained: The Knights, Austria
Junior Members gained: Bohemia

Last edited:

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
I finally declared war on Delhi and his gang. My original plan was to starf them out on my line of forts between mountains and the sea, but they took their time to even show up, so I brought the fight to them. I sadly forgot to check after the war how many troops they lost, but it was probably in the 300k range.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Romania - Moldavia, who?

I started off this game in a war against the Commonwealth and Sweden which my ally Russia was easily winning. My capital was sieged, so I quickly unsieged it and just chilled. I had 10% participation which would be enough for me to gain a few favors and my army was still halved, so I wasn't too keen on fighting Commonwealth and Sweden since another unlucky break could mean no army for me.

Instead, I declared war on poor little Hungary sitting to the west of me. Hungary had one ally, Parma, who didn't want to join in. Oh, and they were guaranteed by Commonwealth which just so happened to already be in a war with me, so they couldn't help poor little Hungary. So it shouldn't come as a surprise that me, Venice and Savoy (and later, Bohemia) waltzed right over them. I took lots of land, lots of money, freed up Nitra (which I promptly allied and married for reasons unknown) and got rid of those annoying permaclaims Hungary had in my country.

Next I annexed my vassal and formed the mighty country of Romania! Yay! I did unfortunately lose one of my trusted allies to a lucky PU by Venice (it could've been me ;_;), but then again, since Venice is still my ally I guess Bohemia is sort of my ally, too. That's how that works, right?

Anyhow, didn't do any other wars this game. Got briefly involved by a war Uzzy declared on my buddies the Russians, which I promptly white peaced out of and I also got involved in a war against Milan by Savoy, which we easily won. Otherwise I've just been building up my country. Getting some of that sweet, sweet mana and praying for a better heir than my current leader (had to abdicate my former ruler, because he was just the woooorst).

Too bad Commonwealth decided to get a really annoying ally (Spain), but let's see what can be done about that.