• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which of these games would you be happy to play next?

• Imperator: Rome

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Crusader Kings 2

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Europa Universalis 4

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Hearts of Iron 4

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Stellaris

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Other (Please specify in the comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
How are we handling the speed of this game? I'm happy with no pausing, but as I will be in the Sengoku Jidai for the first 50 years or so, I'd prefer if it stayed on 2 for most of the time (maybe 3 occasionally).

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Is there any rule on how soon you can declare war on other players?

How are we handling the speed of this game? I'm happy with no pausing, but as I will be in the Sengoku Jidai for the first 50 years or so, I'd prefer if it stayed on 2 for most of the time (maybe 3 occasionally).

So PVP and speed rules.

1. No declarations of war against human players before 1500 or the Age of Reformation, whichever comes first. If you declare war against an AI who is allied with a human player, you cannot co-belligerent them, and can take a maximum of 25% warscore from them.
  2. After 1500/Age of Reformation, you can declare war against human players. In such wars you can take 50% warscore from them, or 25% warscore against human players who are not co-belligerents.
  3. Once the Age of Absolutism spawns, PVP restrictions are lifted.
  4. No Truce Breaking, even in the Age of Absolutism.
  5. Player nations are open to attack once they miss three straight sessions, you can attack during that third session. If the AI attacks another player in his absence, they can demand up to 50% war score, but no more. If an AI playing for a human nation joins a war against a human player as a third party, up to 25% war score may be demanded from that country.
  6. Maximizing the ticking war score means that the losing side must automatically meet the demands of the winning side. Achieving an overall war score of 80% also means the losing side must automatically meet the demands of the winning side.
  7. Pausing only allowed when DoW happens to you. Then during the war it isn't acceptable. Players can pause once to make peace deals, but only for the allotted 25 seconds or so before others can unpause. PvP wars are not exempted.
  8. We will play on speed 2.
  9. If you consistently cause the game to drop below speed 2, you will be kicked for the duration of the session.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
I hope Steam doesn't ask me tonight to authenticate because this morning I've broke my phone with Steam Guard on it...

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
You have time until Sunday when we start to fix it.
I think I'll be done transfering the authenticator somewhere else bu then. It's just tonight. Usually it asks me to authenticate more on Windows, very seldom on Mac OS.

Edit: I missed that we don't play tonight.

Last edited:

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone want to play a couple of hours now? I just want to test my connection and stuff before the main event as I've never played multiplayer before.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone going to be streaming / filming the game? It woudl be a great idea to share it later on.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Oh fuck, I didn't pay attention to the thread while I was working at the festival, so I didn't know about it moving to Sundays. Unfortunately I'm gonna be at a film screening tonight, but I should be able to join next week granted Wallachia is still alive and kicking.

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
I'm very sorry, my girlfriend has injured herself and I need to pick her up from the station - which clashes with this sadly. The first session is critical for a daimyo so I might swap to a different country if I join the weds session.

ZZMitch

Oct 26, 2017
Have fun folks! I was thinking about joining but can't do Sundays because I play soccer on Sunday nights. I played in I think all the multiplayer sessions we had at the old place... The one I formed Scandinavia (can't remember which nation I started at) was a super fun one.

nemorrhoids

Oct 22, 2018
Oh damn, are sign ups still active for this? If not, I would love for this to become a regular thing around here.

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
That was fun guys!

It went okay for me, except for the lagging and pressing alt-F4 instead of alt-tab... Sirhind is independent, owns most of their former overlord and embraced the renaissance earlier than Florence.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm good with a temporary alliance. Once the Turks have been taken down a peg or two we can go our separate ways and your doomed tryst with Ethiopia can continue.
It went okay for me, except for the lagging and pressing alt-F4 instead of alt-tab... Sirhind is independent, owns most of their former overlord and embraced the renaissance earlier than Florence.

I don't even know how that's possible, that's some pro-gamer strats.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
My idea was to start the game as Florence, get 10 loans, max up my army, and go all in to conquer Lucca. It usually work even if they have Provence or Savoy as an ally.

Too bad the new DLCs that I don't have implement the trade leagues mechanism. my 20k army got ANNIHILATED by a 50k stack.

I spent the next part of the sessions just rebuilding my economy (my stability got hit hard)-

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My idea was to start the game as Florence, get 10 loans, max up my army, and go all in to conquer Lucca. It usually work even if they have Provence or Savoy as an ally.

Too bad the new DLCs that I don't have implement the trade leagues mechanism. my 20k army got ANNIHILATED by a 50k stack.

I spent the next part of the sessions just rebuilding my economy (my stability got hit hard)-
I was too afraid of the Trade League stack to accept your alliance. Forgive me.

I lost my trade league too, I guess I grew too big. I was scared as hell when it happened since the Ottos could have rolled over me. Thankfully they attacked Hungary instead.

Qara Qoyunlu Qhronicles Part 1 - 1444 to 1459
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
OFFICIAL THEME SONG

q73fLAy.jpg

So I went with the Black Sheep. QQ start in quite an interesting position, surrounded as they are by the Ottoman, Timurids and Mamluks, a poor country riven by the Sunni/Shia split, and as a Shia nation finding allies is hard. So I was hoping for a bit of luck starting off, which I didn't get when my first humiliate target, Aq Qoyunlu, allied the Ottomans straight away. Grrh.

Thankfully Ajam got embroiled in a war with the Timurids shortly after I snagged a claim against one of their Shia provinces (need to get them all to help with religious unity), so I opportunistically jumped on the back of that and grabbed a province and a humilate. Gotta push up that power projection! Of course, both Aq Qoyunlu and Ajam fell out of the possible rivals shortly afterwards, leaving me with the Mamluks, the Ottoman and the Timurids as possible rivals. Which feels right, but are hardly the easiest of rivals to get one over.

At least the North is in a better shape, and a possible route of expansion. All Orthodox lands, so hell for my religious unity, but it just so happens that Georgia is a brilliant march with cores on their neighbours and fort defence/manpower traditions. So I vassalised them in a what turned out to be an easy, but long war, as they were also involved in wars with the Golden Horde and even Trebizond due to them getting a Personal Union over Imereti. But I fed them Samstkhe and Trebizond, and will feed them Imereti in the next war.

Also in the North, I smashed Shrivan and Ardabil, getting more previous Shia provinces as well as some high value trade provinces, vital for my shocking economy. There's some more possible expansion possible in the East, with Mazandaran looking vulnerable. Though, the provinces they conquered are Timmy cores, and being directly on the border with them might not be the best idea. Of course there's also talk about an opportunistic war against the Ottoman given that they're currently fighting Austria and Hungary. Hmm. Decisions decisions.

Provinces Gained: Shaki, Shamakhi, Shirvan, Ardabil, Mianeh, Zanjan
Vassals Gained: Georgia
Vassal Provinces Gained: Lomsia, Tao, Trebizond

AyZuEye.jpg

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
This was the poorest starts I ever had with Scotland. England blocked my way into Ireland by allying Ulster (now their vassal) and when I tried to go for Tyrone they got them too. The other country I have claims on is allied with Denmark. The only positive thing out of this session is that France crippled England a bit, as usual plus I managed to sponsor the rebels of Pale to free themselves from the English rule. But I really don't see a way out of this unless France grows a pair (of fleet).

fanboi - how's your fleet going?

nemorrhoids

Oct 22, 2018
The Ethiopian-Mamlukian alliance is off to a strong start. My friend in the Mamluks helped me snipe some of my neighbors quickly, fully annexing my largest and most threatening neighbor. Unfortunately, due to rebels, lost battles, and a generally shitty economy Ethiopia's status is tenunous. I had a great time though, thanks to all!

p.s. Looking forward to 1500 Kilwa ;)

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
This was the poorest starts I ever had with Scotland. England blocked my way into Ireland by allying Ulster (now their vassal) and when I tried to go for Tyrone they got them too. The other country I have claims on is allied with Denmark. The only positive thing out of this session is that France crippled England a bit, as usual plus I managed to sponsor the rebels of Pale to free themselves from the English rule. But I really don't see a way out of this unless France grows a pair (of fleet).

fanboi - how's your fleet going?
Very small... 20 ships while 10 are cogs and 2 are big ones and rest merchant ships... I also think they are allies to Castile(England).

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
I don't even know how that's possible, that's some pro-gamer strats.

Not really, I just dev pushed all my monarch points into grassland cloth province. I'm up-to-date on military tech, but no other techs. And breaking vassal status cost me 3 stab... Luckily my starting ruler was almost godlike. Should be able to right the ship in the next few years.

Uzzy you're doing quite well! We should team up against Timmy!

nemorrhoids

Oct 22, 2018
You have bigger issues, as soon as you left AI Ethopia decided to break our alliance and rival me. We can fix our relationship but for now Venice is my new friend as we are going on an Ottoman adventure at the start of next session.
Oh my god. I leave for twenty fuckin minutes and everything goes to shit

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
Just heard there was a voice chat as well, how do I join that next time? Should be fun!

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
I got of to an alright start. I took all but one province off of Champa, when my allie simultaneously declared war on then. But with their help, I later got Dai Viet as a vassal, but he won't be loyal for a long time.

I am barley making a ducet and my manpower is constantly at 0 but that should change next session.
All four of my allies would join me in a war against Ayutthaya and their land has high development and the right religion.

My problem right now is, that I still have to dev push a province and I don't have a good province for doing that and also not much in monarch points right now.

After that i am not so sure what to do. I usually never collanize or focus much on trade, but I think that is something I have to do later on. With Schottland struggling the new world shouldn't be as contested.

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
My problem right now is, that I still have to dev push a province and I don't have a good province for doing that and also not much in monarch points right now.

Just checked and you have Phnom Phen at 16 dev, that's pretty ideal to devpush! Sink some money into a CoT upgrade and you'll be golden.

Looking forward to tonight guys! fanboi don't forget ;)

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Just checked and you have Phnom Phen at 16 dev, that's pretty ideal to devpush! Sink some money into a CoT upgrade and you'll be golden.

Looking forward to tonight guys! fanboi don't forget ;)
Thought about that, burger influence might become a problem then and if I take it away, getting the burger development cost reduction might be difficult.
I will get some more territory to sort out the burger stuff.