• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which of these games would you be happy to play next?

• Imperator: Rome

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Crusader Kings 2

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Europa Universalis 4

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Hearts of Iron 4

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Stellaris

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Other (Please specify in the comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
If we can settle on some borders between us, I can think we can be great allies Lausebub

Basically I want all Eastern Aryan culture provinces, what do you think about that?
I think if I get the provinces with Eastern Aryan culture, which are in states with other cultures, for example Rakhine we are fine. But you have to help me with Ming, since I then don't have that much room to expand left.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I'm also not going to be able to join next Wednesday, which is really unfortunate as the alliance situation can really make or break Moldavia next game.

Anyone up for filling in for me?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I would recommend you guys postpone the game then, as during next match you will probably reach 1500 and finally open the PVP wars :)

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Guys, my computer broke down (he shuts itself off during boot, it's a Mac Pro 2010), so I won't be joining anytime soon. I am very sorry.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Ok, I managed to get the Bootcamp partition of the Mac running, and I'm downloading EU4 right now.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
The only way to evolve my game at this point is through inheritances and colonisation (but I still need to work a lot on my range there) because England has a grip on the whole of Ireland and Norway is still a vassal of Denmark. I managed to inherit Hesse and to get Austria and Castile as my rivals on top of the existing England and Denmark. On the positive side I have France, Bohemia and Brandenburg as my allies and another inheritance from Burgundy waiting to happen (70 years old ruler with no heir).

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
The only way to evolve my game at this point is through inheritances and colonisation (but I still need to work a lot on my range there) because England has a grip on the whole of Ireland and Norway is still a vassal of Denmark. I managed to inherit Hesse and to get Austria and Castile as my rivals on top of the existing England and Denmark. On the positive side I have France, Bohemia and Brandenburg as my allies and another inheritance from Burgundy waiting to happen (70 years old ruler with no heir).
Burgundy has a special event handling the inheritance if it is before 1500, so I wouldnt count with it in a normal game.

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
Okay, first the good news:

08c9hbO.jpg

Mughals baby! First Major goal completed! Although breaking my entire country to do this has seriously hampered my ability to make much progress this round. Uzzy and I beat on the Timmurids for a bit, but they're only getting stronger it seems. I got a few more provinces (Kangra and the Northern Mewar provinces) and force vassalized Jangsomething to my south. But now I'm completely surrounded by a Timmy/Sindh/Jaunpur hugbox... Pretty annoyed by that. Also by the fact that Timmy keeps allying the Ottomans.

But I do have a way to get Sindh out of the equation, so that'll be my goal for next time. Removing all their allies in a vassal war and going after them immediately after the truce is up. Meanwhile just hoping something in this situation changes.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ottomans survive another session.

The session began with another war against the Ottomans, this time an Austrian war against Savoy, a treacherous bunch who had managed to ally the Turks. Ottoman meekness was surprising: after managing to wipe their stack on Corfu, they made very little attempt to attack again beyond minor border skirmishes. As a result Hungary managed to siege several provinces in the Balkans. Could have been a more decisive victory had the Austrians not been embroiled in a war against France, which pulled most of the troops to the heart of Europe. Ottomans then received a favourable peace and their power was not diminished. Savoyard expansion was however checked, though they are still a force to be reckoned with.

While waiting for alliances to come together and truces to expire for another clash with the Ottomans, I decided to check the might of my new ally Castile in a war against Hungary and minor Italian states. Results were impressive and northern Italy and western Hungary fell without meaningful resistance. I chose not to get too greedy with demands as I had no interest in being a coalition target while the conflict against the Ottomans looms over us all. Instead I decided to invest in the future: I made the Papal States and Hungary break their alliances with France and Austria respectively, and emptied the coffers of my rivals in Italy, Ferrara and Milan. There does not seem to be any major obstacle for a conquest of Northern Italy that remains. After the Iberian wedding, however, Castile now has a firm grip on the Southern parts of the Peninsula, but that is a challenge for another time.

J840QEr.png

Provinces gained: Mantua, Ferrara, Zagreb

Last edited:
Qara Qoyunlu Qhronicles Part 4 - 1489 to 1504
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
OFFICIAL THEME

d87yyS2.jpg

Some decent progress this session! I started off by immediately declaring war on Mazandaran, which brought the Timurids into defend. However, after seeing how many troops they could put out in the last war, and their mothballed forts, I was confident I could punch some money out of them. Which I accomplished, robbing them of 600 ducats in tribute and annulling their alliance with the Ottoman. I full annexed Mazandaran for good measure, taking some more precious Shia lands, and a trade emporium in the Persia node. Useful stuff.

I followed that up with a war against Hisn Kayfa, which drew in Gazikumukh and the Timurids again. Almost like I planned it. This time I called my Mughal allies, and we knocked another 600 ducats out of the Timmies. I was hoping that this might have weakened the Timurids somewhat, maybe even bankrupted them. But that was not to be, as they recovered in wars against Sistan and Transoxiana, taking territory and ducats. They even renewed their alliance with the Ottoman at the end of the session, as well as allying some Indian powers to surround my now Mughal allies. Awkward.

Anyway, I fully annexed Hisn Kayfa, which cleaned up the last independent state between myself and the Mamluks, as well as fully annexing Gazikumukh, which gave me a border with the Golden Horde and a possible future expansion route. Though it's all Sunni land, which is not good for my religious unity at all.

Still, while the money I one-two punched out of the Timmies didn't do as much damage to them as I hoped, it did help me out a fair bit, allowing me to embrace the Renaissance (and briefly propel me up to 2nd Rank Great Power!) and put some of my economy in order, paying off a few loans. Things are looking pretty good.

Provinces Gained: Lahrijan, Amol, Sari, Khunzdia, Lakia, Tarki, Hisn Kayfa

Kira.FA37

Jan 11, 2018
Not that as much activity from me as I had hoped as I was being distracted by some other tasks requiring my attention during the game, Mamluks at the start of this session:
2Urmlag.png

Both me and Qara started out abusing Hish Kayafa's diplomatic relations (the little yellow blob between us) to get to the Timiruds. The plan, defeat them and get them to break their alliance with the Ottomans to prevent a multi-front war and to kick em out of the Arabian Peninsula. Qara broke the alliance in their war leaving me to just take my right full lands as to not have a protacted war. In addition I hoped to vassalize my former ally Karaman who got roped in the war but this was to costly, instead I took half their lands with the Ottomans scoping up the rest later. Leaving us with a nice no-nonsense border between us.

This results in the below borders in the northern Middle-East split between the Ottomans, Qara and your truly the Mamluks:
qalK6KM.png

I also consolidated almost all lands on the Arabian Peninsula leaving only the province of Awal in the gulf and the lands of Rassid out of my control... for now. There where more pressing concerns down south as Ethopia a failed nation got attacked by Kilwa giving them a strong foothold in gulf of Aiden. Such things cannot go uncontrolled in my backyard and I had to intervene to protect Ethopia... by force.
bCWH2m1.png

This has left Ethopia rive with unrest and rebellions that they have been unable to quell in the past decade. To end the session I vassalized Fezzan to protect my western flank and to have a starting point to eat into Tunis the Ottomans trusty and meddling ally.

Next steps will be to actually declare on the Ottomans but I have to play it smart, my expansion has left me with several ways hostile nations can get to me.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
KiraFA37, there's no way the Ottomans could beat you now, even with Tunis harassing your rear. Just kill them with attrition with couple desert forts.

But yeah, you got to be careful with Qara now that PvP is allowed...

Last edited:

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Not much happened for me this session. I expanded more to the south and I am trying to get my economy up and running, but must of my provinces are not that great. My colonization effort is making slow progress, I probably shouldn't have picked the -100 uprising chance policy.
Got Kedah as a vassal and some provinces in Mallaca, but I am not sure, if that peace deal is going through, I sent it at the end of the session.

Geido Do you want to ally up next session? I want to kick some Jaunpur ass for some power projection

CQCgWYE.jpg

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Holland, Part2: or Florence part 4.

I started the session by winning my war against Cleves and Brabant. At this point I have carved a good chunki of land, and the noly county I needed to form Netherlands (which still requires Admin Tech 10) was Gelre.

But I got cocky and thought it was a good idea to fully annex the Flanders. That was a swift war, but it created a giant colaition of 50k men who absolutely crushed me, making me lose all that I gain from the later conquest.

I lost, but my army was intact. Then I got cocky once more, thinking that I could manage to humiliate Brabant and Gelre, since their giant ally Burgundy was in shambles. My 16k army against their 10-12k. But then out of nowhere, a german country cam in with another 12k army. I got stomped hard, and I lost a lot of money, Friesland and my army.

Right now I'm not to pessimistic. I just need to concentrate in conquering the two provinces I now lack for Netherlands, and not into carving a little empire on the coast. I have two big allies, England (sorry Scotland, but with the current France, England is in mainland Europe to stay: maybe they'll focus less on the islands) and Denmark, that should help me in case of defensive war. I have chosen Quantity as second idea (the AI chose Economic as first, not a bad one).
Maybe I'll pick and ally in southern Germany.

Fun fact: my current biggest rival, Gelre, was just one province, before it became my ally, I promised them lands, giving one more province, becoming 2-provinces, leaving the alliance and later it became 3-provinces winning one against me.
Top 10 anime betrayal.

Last edited:

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
The Continuing Story of Moldavia (or: How I stopped worrying and love the diplomacy)

So my main goal this game was getting some allies again, because I had none and my neighbours seem to be eying my beautiful lands every possible moment.

Luckily through some advanced diplomacy I managed to get a couple of allies:

1. Ryazan: not very useful but he was eager to be buddies and why the fuck not
2. The Palatinate: Not a very interesting ally as well, except that they are now the HRE Emperor and allied to my threatening neighbour Poland who is still a bit pissed I took two provinces. Knowing the AI, they won't betray an alliance by declaring on someone allied with one of their allies, so I'm probably safe there for now.
3. Bohemia: My old chap who fought for my independence is back. I can't actually involve him in wars because he's still a bit angry about the whole 'taking land in an independence war' shit, but at least nobody dares to battle me with Bohemia on my side. Also, for some reason Bohemia decided to give me 2.2 ducats a month in subsidies, which is very much appreciated.
4. Savoy: I saw Savoy was getting pretty big, so I decided to join up with them. Together we vanquished Burgundy and I'm fairly chill with them on my side.
(5. Muscovy: Still married with them, but just out of reach of that alliance, but I might actually take a player alliance instead)

With those allies, I seem to have successfully scared off would-be attackers for now. Ottomans was parked at my border with 33K troups at some point and I must admit I was a bit scared, but due to some advanced counterespionage they weren't actually able to fabricate a claim on my lands so once again I live!

Next step: Hopefully allying up with either John Dunbar or KiraFA37 to get into the battle for the Balkans against the Ottomans. I've already got some permaclaims, so I'm ready.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Next step: Hopefully allying up with either John Dunbar or KiraFA37 to get into the battle for the Balkans against the Ottomans. I've already got some permaclaims, so I'm ready.

I think we can ally for the next session, would work with how I think we should tackle the Ottomans:

We will wait until Qara and Mughals manage to break the alliance between Ottomans and Timurids, then Mamluks declare war on the Ottomans. I will give Mamluks fleet basing rights, so the Mamluk fleet will be safe with my fleet in Negroponte, where from we can attack the Aegean together later. When the Ottomans have moved into Anatolia, we will declare another war and roll into the Balkans. I will be able to call Castile and hopefully Austria, which should make it a cakewalk.

I also don't think we should bother with demanding too much money from them. It has taken so long we should just take all the territory we can get. If the Mamluks take everything they can from Anatolia and we take the same from the Balkans, the Ottomans should be weak enough that we can just bite chunks out of them whenever truces expire.

Cloud, how much of the Ottoman territory are you looking to score? I am willing to give you all of Wallachia and at least some of Bulgaria, but Constantinople must be Venetian. I am also willing to partition Hungary with you, and give you at least Transylvania and probably something more. That should give you a nice launching pad for eastern expansion into Poland and Lithuania, since I have no interest in going east at the moment (though an inevitable war with Genoa does mean their Crimean holdings are very tempting for that trade goodness).

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Cloud, how much of the Ottoman territory are you looking to score? I am willing to give you all of Wallachia and at least some of Bulgaria, but Constantinople must be Venetian. I am also willing to partition Hungary with you, and give you at least Transylvania and probably something more. That should give you a nice launching pad for eastern expansion into Poland and Lithuania, since I have no interest in going east at the moment (though an inevitable war with Genoa does mean their Crimean holdings are very tempting for that trade goodness).
I will have to see. My permaclaims are on Silistre and Wallachia, but I'll not take the entirety of Wallachia now (for obvious reasons, lol), might want one or two provinces from there to create a vassal, but it all depends on how much we can take of course. I have to check what exactly I would like, but Constantinople isn't necessarily on my mind for now. Eventually I'd probably aim to get into Hungary/Wallachia/Poland/Lithuania. One of my goals would also be forming Romania.

Oh yeah, one more thing, when we get there, I'd want control over Constantinople for a short time since that completes a mission for me which gets me more permanent claims (= cheaper provinces), you can have control over Constantinople back after that.

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
Geido Do you want to ally up next session? I want to kick some Jaunpur ass for some power projection

We can have two player allies now right? if so, then yes! But I probably won't be taking on Jaunpur next time as they're allied with all of my neighbours and Bahmanis. I'm going to remove Sindh and see after that.

You know, I think that John Dunbar, KiraFA37, CloudWolf, Uzzy, maybe Lausebub and I need to coordinate a bit to break off the giant alliance network between Timmy/Ottoman/Jaunpur

1. The Balkan/Levant alliance declares on the Ottomans while having no military access through Uzzy, that way Timmy will never reach the western front.
2. When Otto is losing enough that they won't join, Uzzy will declare on Timmy while I block off Jaunpur from reaching them.
3. When Uzzy is dominating Timmy, I'll attack Timmy as well, focusing on kicking out Jaunpur and breaking their alliances first, maybe Lausebub can help with that as well.

I'd also suggest to completely occupy both Otto and Timmy and have everyone take separate peacedeals, especially the Ottomans will be completely broken after 15 loans and triple war reps plus losing land.

So what do you say? It's crazy enough to work right? ;)

Kira.FA37

Jan 11, 2018
We are taking all the land we can get, they have had it for too long due to my misplays.

KiraFA37 Which graphic mods are you using?
A bunch, but mostly the more popular UI mods:
1. The Balkan/Levant alliance declares on the Ottomans while having no military access through Uzzy, that way Timmy will never reach the western front.
2. When Otto is losing enough that they won't join, Uzzy will declare on Timmy while I block off Jaunpur from reaching them.
3. When Uzzy is dominating Timmy, I'll attack Timmy as well, focusing on kicking out Jaunpur and breaking their alliances first, maybe Lausebub can help with that as well.

I'd also suggest to completely occupy both Otto and Timmy and have everyone take separate peacedeals, especially the Ottomans will be completely broken after 15 loans and triple war reps plus losing land.

So what do you say? It's crazy enough to work right? ;)

Timmies has access to my lands through the Golf of Hormuz, so I either need to leave a small army there to prevent crossing or build an eastern navy to blockade. Other possibility is that I declare through Tunis which is only allied to Morrocco and the Ottomans, they are currently enrolled in a war with Castille, basically a solo war versus the Ottomans.

Morfeo

Oct 25, 2017
My laptop is still in repair so I have had to skip this game, but Im enjoying reading the AARs here. Looking forward to the PvP-conflicts which should start next session!

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
Timmies has access to my lands through the Golf of Hormuz, so I either need to leave a small army there to prevent crossing or build an eastern navy to blockade. Other possibility is that I declare through Tunis which is only allied to Morrocco and the Ottomans, they are currently enrolled in a war with Castille, basically a solo war versus the Ottomans.

Well there goes that plan. I guess there's no other option than you attacking Tunis.

Meanwhile I think I have to wait for an opening on my side, not really up for fighting a 3 front war.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I probably won't be able to declare war right away either. Austria is being prissy and Castile is already at war with Tunis and Morocco (a rather powerful AI bloc, I must say), so they won't join. Have to wait until Castile is done with that war. Might even go badly for them if Aragon and Naples can't help enough.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Game time in 1 hour!

Geido John Dunbar Jegriva KiraFA37 Lausebub CloudWolf KingSnake fanboi

Quick reminder of the rules now we're in 1500/Age of Reformation.

After 1500/Age of Reformation, you can declare war against human players. In such wars you can take 50% warscore from them, or 25% warscore against human players who are not co-belligerents.
Maximizing the ticking war score means that the losing side must automatically meet the demands of the winning side. Achieving an overall war score of 80% also means the losing side must automatically meet the demands of the winning side.
No Truce Breaking, even in the Age of Absolutism.
Players may not guarantee, ally, or be guaranteed by more than 1 other player nation prior to 1500, 2 other prior to 1600, or 3 others prior to 1750. A coalition may not have more than 3 player nations prior to 1500, 4 player nations prior to 1600, or 5 player nations prior to 1750. This rule does not count for any player controlled subjects a player might have. No enforce peace in wars involving human players on either side. Indirect involvement in wars (for instance threatening someone with an attack unless they don't engage in a war against human players) counts as an alliance for the player being helped and thus is only allowed if the player being helped does not exceed its human ally limit in this fashion.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Also I've been having intermittent connection problems this evening. Hopefully I'll be fine for game time, but if I'm not around play without me (I'll just take charge of a colonial nation once QQ gets sheared. :D)

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
Another wednesday, another write-up!

I didn't really do a whole lot this round because 90% of the evening was pausing for peacedeals and for Uzzy to rejoin.

Kidding about the last part of course, but my situation at the end of the last round forced me to meditate a bit and wait for an opportunity. I paid off some loans, recovered some manpower and then it happened, QQ declared war on Timmy and asked me to be a buffer. As I wasn't doing anything of use anyway, I promised to be his wall keeping Jaunpur and Sindh out. But after a while I noticed an expedition of Jaunpuri and Sindhi troop walking through the Himalayas as if they were descendants of Hannibal himself (probably also on elephants). A quick whisper to QQ and he was ready to take them on. I looked on and felt helpless and afraid for my longtime ally. So I figured I'd give a helping hand. Declaring war on Sindhs ally Malwa I stormed their capital, quickly taking out a couple of stacks and full sieging their capital. I peaced them out while removing all allies. Both helping my ally get a little reprieve (Sindh made their way over there in the end though) and doing what I set out to do.

Meanwhile colonialism hit and looking at all my farmland/cloth provinces, I decided I had a reputation to uphold and devpushed the institution right away. Right now I have it in two provinces and only need 600 ducats to embrace it.

So looking at QQ devastating Timmy and their allies, another plan was formed. Immediately attacking them after QQ had done all the work. QQ gracefully removed the last alliance Timmy had and war was declared. As they are dealing with some rebels, appear to have no more manpower and probably have pretty light coffers, I suspect it won't be a hard war:

fAgwyCe.jpg

Giving me enough ducats to embrace Colonialism and maintaining my reputation as the most forward thinking asians in the game.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, the Ottomans have finally been dealt with. With the Mamluks attacking from the East and the Balkan alliance attacking from the West, the Turks stood very little chance though they did fight valiantly. Things did get rather uncomfortable in the Balkans, with the Ottomans temporarily occupying all of Moldavia and then turning their armies against Venetian Balkans, but fortunately Castile finally joined the war, bringing with it its subjects Aragon and Naples whose armies turned the tide. Ottoman forces were crushed in Dalmatia, after which they could mount very little resistance for the rest of the war. Casualties were heavy, however, and Venetian manpower is exhausted and our navy destroyed. Rebuilding will take some years, and for the time being focus shall be on diplomatic maneuvering and stabilizing our new conquests.

Harsh condition were imposed on the Ottoman from both sides, with them having to cede multiple provinces in Anatolia and the Balkans. Following the war both Hungary and Qara Qoyunlu smelled blood in the water and declared war on the Ottomans, and together they will no doubt tear the already diminished empire apart. I think it is safe to say that we can close the book on the Ottomans, and look forward to the wars to come.

NbJlePB.png

Provinces gained: Scutari, Skopje, Sofia, Vidin, Macedonia, Edirne

Qara Qoyunlu Qhronicles Part 5 - 1504 to 1515
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
OFFICIAL THEME

ClUgC1J.jpg

Slower session today, not helped by my wonderful and inevitable connection problems causing a drop out mid Timurid war. But still, definite progress being made.

First up I took advantage of a rather weak looking Golden Horde and showed them the true power of cavalry, or rather jumped on the back of a Ryazan/Muscovy stomping of the Golden Horde to punch out a fistful of ducats and some war reps. I then waited for the Ottomans to get be in a position to dishonour their alliance with the Timurids. See, I knew I could beat them one on one, but having to deal with them, the Ottomans and the two Indian powers, Jaunpur and Sindh, would be a challenge, even if I called the Mughals in. So instead I figured I'd wait for the Ottomans to not defend the Timmies, and rely on the Mughals not giving Jaunpur or Sindh military access, giving me a straight shot at the Timurids. This worked out surprisingly well, with the Timurid forces strung out across Central Asia and Eastern Europe, trying to defend their Ottoman allies who had just deserted them, leaving their homeland undefended. I quickly sieged down several forts, including their capital Herat, while they were left to attrition to death on the Georgian mountain forts. Annoyingly though, the war dragged on for a bit, with Jaunpur and Sindh's mostly intact forces causing the balance of power calculations to weigh in the Timmie's favour. But, after a few battles, including one where I wiped out 20,000 of Jaunpur and Sindh's finest, Jaunpur finally white peaced, leaving me to carve up some more Timurid territory, and bring more precious shia's into the fold.

With the night drawing to a close, I took the opportunity to jump on the dying corpse of the Ottomans. Not sure what I'll take yet, but we'll see.

4724fr8.jpg

Provinces Gained: Teheran, Savah, Golestan, Semnan

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
How in the world is Venices fleet 1 ship :D

But congrats on killing the Ottomans. Curious to see what will happen over there from now on. Will old friendships be broken? Mamluks seem to be a pretty scary neighbour to have now.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Giving me enough ducats to embrace Colonialism and maintaining my reputation as the most forward thinking asians in the game.

I have to disapoint you, but for the khmeren people colonialism is an old hat. I had a province with a ton of modifiers thanks to events and Ming
so I actually didn't spent that much on it. Totally forgot you can share technologie cause I have never used it, otherwise one us could have saved some needed points.

Kira.FA37

Jan 11, 2018
1504, the Mamluks are at peace, they rule an empire with Hejaz, Mikhlaf and Fezzan as loyal vassals. Stretching from the origin of the Nile in the south to the holy lands in the Levant, from the desserts of Arabia to the merchant harbors of Northern Africa.

8uLCf1s.png

However, peace is hard earned, an empire this large has many frontiers and on it too many enemies. Tunis together with it's ally Morroco is involved in a war against the Iberian powers of Portugal and Castille. This presents opportunities as they are also allied to the Ottomans. Declare war on Tunis to bring down the Ottoman juggernaut is the plan. War is swiftly declared and the Mamlukian armies sweep down into inner Anatolia unopposed as the cowardly Ottomans refuse to meet us in battle save for several forts which are brought down by our might cannons. On the African front the Morrocans refuse to join the war leaving Tunis on its own versus my vassals.

--

Truth be told this was an easy war, I completely ignored Northern Africa and I never had to fight the Ottomans as they seemed to focus more on the European front that appeared when Venice entered the fray. This allowed me to completely siege all their lands up to their capital and the Bosphorus. The campaign was expensive though as I had to take out several loans to keep my army well funded, however this was mostly compensated by heavy war reparations extracted by me and the concession of major lands in central Anatolia.

With the Ottomans subdued I was able to soley focus against Tunis who conquered and marched up all the way to Alexandra and Cairo, however once they met my armies they retreated even faster the Ottomans did and litteraly just seconds before the end of the session was able to make peace with them and claim some centers of trade for my Vassal Fezzan.

This has given rise to these beautiful borders:
WCROtmi.png

1515 and the Mamluks are at peace again. Next steps will be integrating Hejaz and see if I can fix my economy as I still have some outstanding loans. However this peace might not last long as Qara (Uzzy!) has started to claim my lands...

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Great game.

1. The Ottomans are dead and I killed the Sultan
2. The Russians are my friends again and would even join against Poland (however, Bohemia became friends with the Poles, so I'll back off for now, don't want to lose them
3. I've lost all my debts!
4. I gained three provinces

Now it's time to look inward I guess as my tech is 3-4 (5!) levels behind on the rest of the world, whoops

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
(first of all: holy borders' creep, Mamluks!)

Holland, part 3: Paying back 360 ducats in loans.

Yesterday was basically just waiting, repay loans, waiting, repay loans. England even gave mu subsidies for 4 ducats a month, for a while. It was great.

Then a pretender arised with 12k troops and obliterated my tropps. I had a good ruler 4/5/5, and the pretender is like 4/0/1.
But I thought, what can I do? Let's keep him, I won't declare bankrupcy just to fight this asshole. I was even lucky than the rebellion crossed the border a fought Utrecht, my expropriated province. So now I have this inept ruler, BUT he has a -2.00 Unrest bonus. And now I have his big army.

I declined to enter a war against Sweden and Scotland with Denmark and Norway. Now I'm allied with Savoy, protestant Bavaria, England end Liege.
Still no navy and no heir, tho.

Last edited:

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
My session went pretty event-less. Since my expansion is totally blocked in the neighbourhood. I practically evolved my tech working towards colonisation and when Sweden declared an independence war I decided to have a bit of fun and have a war against my rival Denmark since France and Bohemia were willing to fight for fun too. Unfortunately France never moved their big navy from Mediterranean Sea so Denmark managed to keep their capital protected until they ended the independence war and have Sweden rejoin them and at that point I decided the fun is over and only got some money out of them.
Too bad Holland didn't join them, that would have been fun.

With Denmark pretty weaken and hopefully Sweden making another run for independence soon maybe I will get a chance at that Iceland in the north. Need to work more on my navy meanwhile.