• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which of these games would you be happy to play next?

• Imperator: Rome

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Crusader Kings 2

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Europa Universalis 4

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Hearts of Iron 4

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Stellaris

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Other (Please specify in the comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
So the CPU was playing Holland very well, it paid the loans, made a great peace deal, but it converted to Reformed, without my consent.

I made the mistake of leaving the HRE, before coring Gelre, so I have to conquer it for the 4th time to finally forming Netherlands.

Last edited:

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Moldavia (or: Fuck yeah, I'm with the big boys now!)
Friendship with Venice continues to flourish, the war between Hungary and the Ottomans ended in Hungary getting a single Romanian provice (more on that later) and Albania releasing. Venice was in a regency without Queen, so he couldn't actually attack that young country without allies, so I declared on them and gave Venice the land because I'm such a nice guy.

Then we beat up the Ottomans again after the Mamluks gave them a proper asswhooping and Venice granted me some sweet Bulgarian lands. Also, the Ottos became small enough that they now consider me a Rival. Cute.

After that Venice found a nice loophole to attack our northern neighbour Hungary without getting big bad France involved,. Venice wanted Italy more (and he also had a little AE issue) and I don't give a damn about those silly Italians, so we decided I could get some sweet Romanian lands that were under the tyrannical rule of the Hungarians (including that little piece of land the Hungarians got from the Turks). I also got a little mountain fort with a difficult name, which wasn't Romanian land, so I released it as a vassal.

I will let my vassal introduce themselves to you all:

Now my country is proper big and almost equal in tech (dip and adm are a bit lagging behind still, but I almost got colonialism so that will be okay) and I'm finally able to properly get involved into European politics. Now this is podracing!

So the CPU was playing Holland very weel, it made a great peace deal, but it converted to Reformed, without my consent.

I made the mistake of leaving the HRE, before coring Gelre, so I have to conquer it for the 4th time to finally forming Netherlands.
Why exactly did you leave the HRE? Forming the Netherlands gets you out of the HRE anyway.

Qara Qoyunlu Qhronicles Part 6 - 1515 to 1544
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
OFFICIAL THEME

rbbarYj.png

Excellent session today, lots of progress made. The Black Sheep's Borders have been pushed out further, to the North, West and East. I started off in a war with the Ottomans, and managed to grab a 100 Warscore Peace Deal from them, lots of money, a humilate, and three provinces for my Georgian vassal. The Ottoman forces proved to be no threat whatsoever, and after one early battle it was really just a case of moping up and looting for all they're worth. They've been pretty effectively torn apart by the rest of the region.

I then looked north past the caucasus mountains, and found a whole bunch of provinces just waiting to be taken from Crimea and the Golden Horde. I fed some to Georgia, and created another vassal of Astrakhan to replace my recently integrated Bitlis.

It was about this time that the truce with the Timurids expired, and as I moved my forces into position I noticed they had allied Sindh, who was now a minor power at best, along with Jaunpur and Bahmanis. Who are most definitely not minor powers. That put a quick stop to any war plans, there's quite a hug box going on there. A brief opportunity did emerge once Khmer got involved in a war with Jaunpur, so I released Khorasan as a vassal, hoping to take advantage and feed them back all their cores, but alas the war exhaustion never got high enough for them to decline to defend.

With expansion curtailed just a little, I turned inwards and spawned the colonialism institution in my province of Baghdad. This was a twofer really, as the province, which I spawned the renaissance in, had been sacked by the Timurids in the previous war, leaving it at 100% devastation. It's now a 50 development province, which is kinda nice. I also powered through the Religious Ideas, much needed for my horribly unified lands, and got to the point where I could actually start converting away the Sunni and Coptic lands! One unified Shia state incoming.

Opportunistic wars in the North continued, both Crimea and the Golden Horde getting blitzed once truces expired there, as well as Nogai and Transoxiana getting smacked, the Transoxiana campaign resulting in taking quite a chunk of territory for QQ itself. That left me with a border with my Mughal allies, which is useful for when we punch our way out of the Indian hugbox.

Also, plenty of fun with rivals. The Ottomans dropped out of possible rivals, I got rivalled by Ming until they imploded, Muscovy rivalled me at once point then dropped off, the Timurids rivalled me off and on a couple of times, Poland stopped rivalling me and I ended up with Spain, the Timurids and the Mamluks as my only possible rivals. Fun times.

Provinces Gained: Kizil-Su, Gurganj, Karakum, Kopet Dag, Konjikala, Merv, Charjuy
Provinces Gained for Georgia: Canik, Sinop, Kastamonu, Adyghe, Circassia, Kabardia, Kuban, Azaraba
Provinces Gained for Astrakhan: Alania, Terek, Astrakhan, Ryn, Lower Yik, Nogai, Kuma, Majar, Manych, Sarai
Vassals Integrated: Bitlis
Vassals Created: Astrakhan, Khorasan

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
Soo some progress finally!

We started in the middle of a war against the Timmurids today. I thought QQ had wiped their army in the last war, but a pretty big stack popped up at a certain point. I routed it and exiled it to Hormuz:

7jugnH5.jpg

They didn't dare take the crossing so we fully occupied them at a leisurely pace and took a 100% warscore.

Afterwards my truce with Sindh was up and they were all alone. Just as I was about to press the declare war button, my ally Gujarat called me in a war against them... I declined, declared my own war and raced to get the occupation in. I didn't get all I needed to, but at least Sindh is now very small.

Afterwards I was looking at my internal economy and decided something needed to be done. As I like having corruption more than loans, I debased until I didn't have any loans and started rooting out corruption/ buying it down with legalism. So now I have zero loans, I'm pretty up to date on tech and quite rich.

The last thing I did was snipe Ladakh when Chagatai wasn't looking, so now I have an avenue of expansion again.

vqDf48U.jpg

So we're looking quite big! The only problem is that now Gujarat has joined the Jaunpur/Bahmanis alliance... Can't catch a break on that front... They are allied to Malwa, so I might do another war to get them out.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was a surprisingly productive session, considering I expected to be mainly stabilizing my realm after previous expansion and some economic issues. Province of Valona was added thanks to Moldavia declaring war on them on our behalf as Venetian rulers kept dying under mysterious circumstances. At present we have a useless 2-2-0 ruler, which is making it difficult to keep up in tech and adding new lands.

With the Ottomans pacified, Venetian foreign policy has only one objective: forming the Italian nation. This project began with a sneaky war against Cyprus, through which their ally Genoa could be conquered. The war was simple enough, but taking the legendary city destroyed Venetian reputation and started our woes with aggressive expansion. There was also some religious turmoil, as our Catholic subjects are not happy to be part of a multicultural empire. Thankfully we are no longer a republic or these people would no doubt vote for a Venetian Trump.

Then came another war with the Ottomans, or at least what was left of them. Our allies the Mamluks destroyed most of their armies, so it was an easy task to take what is rightfully ours, and the Balkans were split between Venice and Moldovia, with only southern Greece remaining under Turkish yoke. This caused some consternation among the Mamluks, however, and diplomatic relations were severed. Venetian diplomats were immediately dispatched to make things right, and the alliance was restored. The Bosporus shall now and ever more be the border between our mighty empires.

Rather than waiting for the diplomatic situation to cool down, we went right ahead with another Italian war. With Spain, Austria, and especially Moldovia on our side, the Hungarian led alliance stood no chance. Milan, Ferrara and the Papal States were overrun, and eastern Hungary was given to the Moldavians to do with it as they pleased. Unfortunately the war was over so fast we could not demand everything we would have liked due to most of Europe being all uppity about it, but the path to forming Italy is now wide open.

of9A1IZ.png

Plans for the next sessions are waiting for truces and aggressive expansion to tick down, and demanding the abdication of our current garbage-tier ruler. Fortunately his equally worthless son did something right for once in his life and managed to get himself killed in a horseback riding accident, and the current heir is actually decent. Now he just need to survive until his 15th birthday and he will then hopefully lead Venice for decades to come.

Provinces gained: Genoa, Modena, Ancona, Valona, Kastoria, Thessaly, Constantinople, Burgas, Theodoro, Cyprus

Last edited:

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
After multiple attempts through open and private diplomatic channels with Kilwa to stop their expansion in the malayen region, which felt on deaf ears, king Ang Sur the second and his generals started planes to drive home the African colinzers.

In 1519 general Ang Sur Sivorn led the khmeren army through Mallaca conquering strategically important provinces for the upcoming war. Once those provinces where secured the khmeren Navi under admiral Ponhea Nhom Ou secured the evasion of kilwan Malaya over the straits of Johor. Thanks to thorough planing amd general Sivorns strategic brilliance, the Kilwans got caught totally of guard and offered little to no resistance.

Peace was made and Kilwa ceded provinces to the Khmerens, but Kilwa has now increased their colonizing effort in the region. The Khmeren Kingdom cannot stay idle while their homeland gets taken offer by foreign powers. The King Ang Sur the II is ready to negotiate a withdrawal Kilwas, in exchange for monetary and military aid. Merkunt

tJRC2xF.jpg

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Moldavia (or: Fuck yeah, I'm with the big boys now!)
Friendship with Venice continues to flourish, the war between Hungary and the Ottomans ended in Hungary getting a single Romanian provice (more on that later) and Albania releasing. Venice was in a regency without Queen, so he couldn't actually attack that young country without allies, so I declared on them and gave Venice the land because I'm such a nice guy.

Then we beat up the Ottomans again after the Mamluks gave them a proper asswhooping and Venice granted me some sweet Bulgarian lands. Also, the Ottos became small enough that they now consider me a Rival. Cute.

After that Venice found a nice loophole to attack our northern neighbour Hungary without getting big bad France involved,. Venice wanted Italy more (and he also had a little AE issue) and I don't give a damn about those silly Italians, so we decided I could get some sweet Romanian lands that were under the tyrannical rule of the Hungarians (including that little piece of land the Hungarians got from the Turks). I also got a little mountain fort with a difficult name, which wasn't Romanian land, so I released it as a vassal.

I will let my vassal introduce themselves to you all:

Now my country is proper big and almost equal in tech (dip and adm are a bit lagging behind still, but I almost got colonialism so that will be okay) and I'm finally able to properly get involved into European politics. Now this is podracing!

Why exactly did you leave the HRE? Forming the Netherlands gets you out of the HRE anyway.

Because I am an idiot.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland

The session went pretty well, my exploration of the Atlantic Ocean and France desire to have access to my maps plus a nice event made me have some amazing prestige. Since my main purpose is now colonisation, the current leader died at the right time to leave his heir with 6 diplo in place. While waiting for the tech to develop I participated in 2 fun wars on the continent, one for Savoy along side Holland and Moldavia (hello!) and one helping Brandenburg. Both were pretty quick and easy and a mere training for what was about to come at the end of the session.

I managed to create my first colony in Greenland and I'm waiting for Trump to buy it now. I started my second colony in North America where I plan to create United Kilt of America. England focused on Canada, so this might work well.

Right at the end of the session England decided to declare on France and I had to join that. It's practically a win or die for me I think:

England has Spain on their side, but against all odds my army managed to kick the English invaders asses in the first battles and might conquer the first fort soon (after another upcoming battle with their unexpectedly weak stacks). This might be the breakthrough I needed.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Too bad you guys aren't posting videos of these.

I'm coincidentally playing EUIV right now. I don't know what I'm doing, so sometimes I cheat by saving before trying things, but I'm having to do that less and less.

("oh, being allied doesn't mean they won't attack me in a war," etc).

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain didn't look fully ready to fight France from what I quickly saw (I was more focused on England obviously).

Luckily Spain is only an ally in that war, so whatever the outcome it shouldn't affect the balance of power too much long term. Though a weak France would be free real estate.

I am cautious about possible Venetian John Dunbar neutrality in my future war against Austria.
Or, dare I say, Italian...?

At the very least you don't have to worry about me sending any troops to northern Europe. Nothing but savages up there, I'm staying south. For a moment there I was even perfectly fine with breaking my alliance with Austria, as that gold mine in Tirol is looking mighty tempting, plus they still have a province that separates my Balkan holdings from Venice proper. Not a major issue as long as the alliance holds, but such insolence cannot be tolerated in perpetuity.

But then Austria managed to become the Emperor again. It's a shame, and forces me to have a bit of a think...

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
At the very least you don't have to worry about me sending any troops to northern Europe. Nothing but savages up there, I'm staying south. For a moment there I was even perfectly fine with breaking my alliance with Austria, as that gold mine in Tirol is looking mighty tempting, plus they still have a province that separates my Balkan holdings from Venice proper. Not a major issue as long as the alliance holds, but such insolence cannot be tolerated in perpetuity.

But then Austria managed to become the Emperor again. It's a shame, and forces me to have a bit of a think...
I am allied with Savoy and Bavaria, I think they might entertain Austria in my 41st War for Gelre.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
The religious leagues war should be very entertaining with so many players in and around Europe.

Kira.FA37

Jan 11, 2018
The last time we visited the Mamluks we saw them make history in taking down the Ottoman goliath and strengthing their foothold in northern Africa through Fezzan. After the war I focussed on a decade of peace to pay down some of the remaining war debt and focus on my economy as the Empire was focussed strongly on miltary might in the years past. However the peace was mostly used for some diplomatic maneuvering to integrate Hejaz.

Between integrating Hejaz and building my economy there were some minor military campaigns focusses on stomping out some rebellious estates and subduing some Africa natives giving me some more lands into the heart of Africa.
R5KbxI4.png

However after 10 years into the session the peace treaty with the Ottomans ended starting another Mamluk-Ottoman war, again the Ottomans refused to meet our armies in the field and other humiliating defeat was inflicted on them further carving up their empire. At this point the Ottomans are merely a footnote in history who are just waiting to finally vanish from the scene. I also did a small war with Genoa to claim the center of trade of the Chios islands on the coast of Anatolia. During this campaigning another peace treaty ended, this time with the Tunis whose lands were again right fully given to my vassel Fezzan. This has cemented the Malukkian Empire as the central power on the good side of the Mediterranean.

7MvNvP0.png

Overall a good session, further expanding my foothold and fixing some of my lack of investment in the economy, even better is that I finished 2 of my ideas group giving me some good boosts (spoilers, I have space marines). There was some strange diplomatic manouvering in the Balkans as the Venitian-Mamluk was temporaly dissolved due to a Venitian diplomat drawing some strange lines on a map during an exchange, however after some diplomatic bantering that was resolved and the alliance was swiftly restored.

Also funny thing that happened, Uzzy surpassed me in Great Power status for a single month but I jumped over him a month later when my annexation of Hejaz finished. That gave me the most important thing one can have in this game, the biggest name on the map.

eyLadSu.png

I will not be here on Wednesday as I'm currently on holiday.

This either means extreme manouvering on my eastern and southern flanks depending on what AI Uzzy does or another 20 years of peace in the central Middle East.

Kira.FA37

Jan 11, 2018
Not a great session, but definately not bad either, just claiming more lands mostly and spending war money cause I decided to ally Austria... I'm just dropping some bullet points:
  • Carved up the Ottomans more, they now own no more coast on Anatolia.
  • Decided to ally Austria to protect myself against potential AI Uzzy shenanigans. (And trust me, they delivered...)
  • Austria decided to call me in versus the Netherlands which I accepted, the Netherlands diplomatically questioned why I cared after I helped Austria win a battle, decided they had a point and gave them some money and peace.
  • Ate a bit more of Ethopia and Funj as dessert.
  • Entered the Prostant League War on the side of Austria and as the only player, 1 minute in I decided I was not interrested in it and that Austria is asking a lot of this new working relation. This gave rise to a shattering defeat of the Austrian side as I possed over half the military strenght and did not participate. Austria is now completely occupied and has 20 war exhaustion and refuses to peace out... Meanwhile I cant peace out unless I pay hefty amounts of money which I refuse. On the bright side, I am now single handedly responsible for the demise of the HRE which no longer exists.
KiuEgE5.png

(The forever war or until I can buy myself out of this cheaply...)

Anyway, another pretty picture of the Mamluk Empire in 1560:
cy5zFyg.png

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
Well... I didn't even think to make a screenshot of the giant clusterf*ck that was tonights game.

It started out not that bad with the Mughals taking some clay via our new vassal Ladakh and getting heaps of money, finally making the economy a bit better.

And then it got worse, a lot worse. It started when Lausebub called me into a war against Kilwa, Vijayanagar and some other people that I couldn't join. So I declined the call. Down one ally, the Timmy/Bahmanis/Jaunpur alliance saw their chance and attacked me. AI Uzzy didn't heed the call... My 50k versus I think around 200k. I heroically sent all my troops to Herat, thinking that maybe I could siege it and get a bit better peace deal. I think I took out 90k troop with the 40k that were left, but it wasn't enough...

I lost all of the Timmurids lands west of Roh and my capital.

After staring at my screen for like 15 minutes and resisting the urge to ragequit, I decided a new plan for the mughals.

We're emigrating to China.

Lots of free real estate there after the fall of Ming. Already at war with Dali for a vassal so I can core there.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I had quite an interesting game:

Moldavia, or: Fuck you, Hungary/EU4

Wanted a chill game while building up to the next Hungary war, but game decided 'Nah'. So instead I got called into a war against Denmark by Muscovy, which coincidentally also included my northern neighbour Poland-Lithuania which went into my country like a fury. Me not wanting to concede anything decided to siege Poland instead. Despite the Muscovy AI being complete idiots (read: bastards started sieging Lithuania province for province with their 60+K troops instead of, you know, going for the forts and the actual war goal), we managed to snag a win, but not the win I would've liked.

At least I got 23 favors with Muscovy out of it which I might be using in the future, but zero provinces and even hardly any money because Muscovy is a complete idiot. Urgh.

Then Moldavia had a little time to relax and build up their power for the actual war of the session, Hungary. Meanwhile stuff in Europe went, interesting routes. The religious leagues were created and the Religious War fired. In the midst of the war, Austria's leader died and apparently they didn't have time to do the Pragmatic Sanction since the HRE just straight up dismantled. Whoops. Now the Religious War is still going on (poor Mamluks caught in the middle) and I'm not even sure they still know what their fighting for. It sure isn't Emperorship of the HRE.

My northern neighbours also formed the Commonwealth. Not entirely sure if this is good or bad for me.

Then of course finally Venice and me went in on Hungary (and some Italian states) again. Easy war, but it did contain one major setback for my countries army. In my arrogance I decided to split up my army to siege to different forts which is always a stupid idea, but I digress. I thought Hungary's army was far away, but instead they decided to attack. With them being one mil tech up from me and having a bigger army, they beat my first army then they moved in on my second army and beat them, too.

Then EU4 was like 'Hey, fuck you man' and decided my army (despite having zero forts blocking their route) wouldn't do a shattered retreat. Instead, my army directly engaged the victorious Hungarians a second time, only this time with zero morale, yay! Of course this went the way you would expect and the Hungarians freaking wiped half of my army and my total standing troops went from 25K to 12K. Why? Because fuck me, that's why.

Anyway, we're still winning and fuck you Hungary. Oh, and that Hungarian army was later wiped by Venice which is their just dessert. Fuck you, Hungary.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
So I fucked up pretty big this session. I started my second war against Kilwa who was allied to Vijayanagar. While I was was fighting in the South, the AI started sieging down my vassals. I paniced a bit, thinking I might have taken on to much so I just asked the Mugahls for help, not thinking about, what would happen if he refused.

In the end Vijayanagar peaced out early on, without me sieging any of his provinces. At that point there I had the upper hand, but still managed at some point to get down to negative 35k manpower, because I forgot to take over some islands and Merkunt always took back some provinces.

Not really sure what to do now, since he reassured me, he never wanted to attack me, but taken over South East Asia was my goal, so now I am not sure yet what to do.

Question: I have seen, that sometimes when your ruler dies, your legitimacy gets reset to 100. I think this depends on the strength of the claim of your heir. Is their a way to increase or influence the strength of that claim?

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Question: I have seen, that sometimes when your ruler dies, your legitimacy gets reset to 100. I think this depends on the strength of the claim of your heir. Is their a way to increase or influence the strength of that claim?
No, there are events that decrease the strength of your heir's claim, but there's nothing to influence the strength of the claim yourself.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rather calm session for Venice. Began with a war against Crimea, hoping to get a vassal and control the Black Sea trade, but of course they had just eaten Genoa's provinces in the region and could not be vassalized in a single war. I took Genoa's provinces for myself, but still a missed opportunity. And now Crimea is guaranteed by Muscovy. I have to find a way to get around that if I want to take them on again. Around this time Venice also became a Great Power.

I then finished off the Ottomans in the Balkans, and all of Greece is now under Venetian rule. Not much to say about that war, the Ottomans are no longer worth discussing at length, and once the Mamluks eat what is left of them in Anatolia they will vanish from history. There was also a brief war with Holland, who were fighting with Austria over something presumably important to them. I do not concern myself with such matters, though I did managed to get my trade fleet destroyed in the scuffle. I white peaced out of the whole mess as soon as possible.

Most of the session was spent on internal improvements. As soon as possible I had our worthless king abdicate, and now we have a pretty decent ruler. I developed Venice enough for printing press to be present, and with that single province I can embrace that institution without any loans because I am ROLLING IN GOLD.

Alliance with the Mamluks is once again on the rocks. I don't know what I have done wrong. They do not seem to like it when Ottoman land is taken, even though I have left Anatolia untouched. A bit of time should be all it takes to mend these wounds, and we can continue our harmonious coexistence.

Oh, and Moldavia and I once again beat up Hungary. Peace should be concluded early on in the next session. I can only take one province in Italy because of my aggressive expansion, so Moldavia can have everything we can get out of Hungary. Interestingly there is also a stack of Venetian separatists in the ruins of Austria. If I get lucky I might get a province out of it, as so far there alliance beating up Austria has left them alone. So keep that war going, give me my province.

Provinces gained: Cafa, Matrega, Epirus, Athens, Achaea, Morea, Naxos

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Netherlands Part 1

Start of the game, I had a pretty big (23k) army for a 6 provinces country and a good alliance with England, regional power and fellow calvinist Hainaut, Bavaria and Savoy.

It seems a good time for attacking Austria, conquering Gelre and finally forming Netherlands.

I declare war without England, Austria calls in Palatinate that could be an hassle since it was very close to me, but they first refused a white peace, THEN they offer me money for peace. Money accepted. I occupied Gelre almost immediately, while Savoy and Baviera keep Austria occupied on its own turf. Then I thought: let's go to Wien!

It's then when I see a mighty 50k army stack of Austria + Mamluks. Number-wise, we were pretty much close, maube I even had the advantage, but Savoy and Bavaria were unwilling to attach armies to me or to each other, so I lose a battle that made me decide: let's peace out with Mamluks. They care about Netherlands as much as I do care about Timurids. Let's be reasonable.

After Mamluks are out of the question, the war goes as good as it could go. Austria lost, gave me the province I needed plus money, and found itself pretty much fucked when the Protestant League, led by Saxony, started forming.

Now the HRE is gone.

And I left the party just in time like

In other more somber news, I lost my entire fleet trying to explore automatically. Playing without pausing is really difficult.

Last edited:

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland - New Loch

After last session ended with a big hope for me that I will be able to beat England on its own turf, this session started with a battle in which my 23k stack was winning against their 20k stack when suddenly another 26k stack came out of nowhere. In no time my army was gone and all my provinces and colonies were occupied bar one which was an island. Without any navy left either I was totally at the mercy of France who wasn't in a much better situation with England and Spain battering them from both sides. Luckily the Scottish peasants decided they can't take the situation any more and two staks of rebels popped up and they soon conquered half of the provinces including the capital. Meanwhile I managed to build 1 transport ship which took my 1k army back to the land and liberate enough provinces to make England get nothing from me in their peace with France.

That was a close call but I survived it. I dealt with the peasant uprising pretty quickly and now I'm just rebuilding my army and navy. I just need to wait for that manpower to build up now.

Meanwhile the first colony of the New Loch was finished in Massachusetts and I expelled some Norwegians to build the second colony.

In other news HRE imploded just when almost everybody was convinced I would be an amazing emperor. Sad.

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
So Ming imploded, the HRE is dismantled... And Timmy of all people is kicking my ass.

This is a weird one.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
HRE dismantled? Someone should take some key provinces to avoid the Goose to honk all around Europe.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
HRE dismantled? Someone should take some key provinces to avoid the Goose to honk all around Europe.
Yeah, apparently there was no eligible Emperor, so the HRE got dismantled.

I don't see Brandenburg/Prussia honk all around Europe though. While they do exist, they're small and behind on tech on all their neighbours. If anything, I see Commonwealth or Denmark swallowing them whole.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Brandenburg is getting their ass kicked all over the place, I've been in two wars alongside them. I don't think I've seen them so weak very often, given the fact that they still have a bit of land.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Netherlands Part 2: Steady

A bit of a boring sessions, but very important for a couple of things:

- I finally paid all my debts back
- I finally regained my Prestige and Now I am among the very few stable entities in the former HRE area, between a couple of humiliation wars.
- I finally created a central european axis with Savoy - Bavaria - Aachen and Saxony
- I finally have a colony! In Cuba, but since Portugal have every other province in the region, I think I might have to make a non-violent deal with him.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Moldavia
So I started this game finishing out the Venetian war against Hungary with me gaining a lot of nice Hungarian provinces for me and my vassal. Meanwhile, I noticed things to my north were stirring. Poland, now known as The Commonwealth, had just lost his alliance with a certain Czech country which has been my ally for the entire game. A plan started forming.

After some discussion with Venice to my south, it was decided that Poland's alliance, which included Scotland, Papal States, Palatinate and the newly independent Sweden was weak enough to battle, so the Moldavians went to war again. The plan was easy, we kill the Poles. Bohemia, Savoy, Venice and Russia joined the war for the East and soon the Polish armies were crumbling before the might of our alliance. I peaced out with an almost 100 warscore worth of deals, which crippled Poland greatly. Afterwards I even noticed Russia decided to ally Bohemia, giving rise to what I call The Great Anti-Poland Alliance.

During the war with the Commonwealth I also got an amazing king, 4 - 5 - 5 he was and finally my tech would be on par with the rest. Unfortunately the game thought differently and killed off my king in favor for a not so amazing regency council of 4 - 1 - 1, followed by a 4 - 4 - 1 heir. Goddammit! So when my war with Commonwealth ended, I had to wait five years before I could even declare a new war. In the meantime I did embrace the Printing Press, so I hope that the tech will come faster now.

However, as soon as my new king was 15, I was ready to attack Hungary which had only one weak Italian ally.... and a guarantee from the Commonwealth. FUCK. Russia wouldn't join me because they were in debt. While I was internally debating whether I could handle Commonwealth with me, Bohemia, Venice (possibly) and Savoy, Russia decided that while they may be in debt enough to not join a war, they sure aren't in debt enough to not start a war. And so it came that I was in a war versus Sweden and the Commonwealth on one side and The Great Anti-Poland Alliance on the other.

We are easily winning, so the game decided to fuck me over one last time and randomly decided that the Commonwealth wiped one of my armies despite me being at full morale and having the same mil tech level, causing me to end yet another game with half my army gone >_>.

Next game, new troops and Hungary! (hopefully)

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
I have to be honest, after the dark hours of what happened earlier this week, the Mughals were a bit depressed. Years upon years were spent just clicking through pop-ups. The first foray into China failed miserably when I miscalculated the Burmese army strength. And even the game itself was saying I was lagging behind :(

But at a certain point I saw that a certain former big shot was just below the warscore cost for vassalisation. A quick war later we were the proud father of a baby Ming! Oh what he might grow into.

And then we noticed the mamluks were trying to figure out what was going on across the straigth of Hormuz. The Mughals smelled blood and attacked Timmy (with the wrong CB of course, because why make it easy on ourselves). Sindh and Gujarat would defend (bye bye Bahmanis alliance), so we needed to take them out first. And look at Baby Mings first steps:

a6HmdxE.jpg

So proud! Being a champ in their first war already!

We peaced out Sindh (and got rid of an ugly exclave in our lands) and Gujarat. Then we turned our focus on Timmy. Even QQ joined the feeding Frenzy on their dieing corpse. They peaced out just before the end of the session. So we have some cleanup to do and have to race some Timmy particularist before they raise autonomy in my beautiful cores, but we'll get them all back either way!

Qara Qoyunlu Qhronicles/Persian Programme Part 7 - 1560 to 1586
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
OFFICIAL THEME

Well.

Picking up from where the AI left off, I quickly noticed that I had a truce with the Timurids, and they had few allies. Not wanting to pass up such an opportunity, I declared war on them pretty much instantly. Annoyingly, this war dragged on for quite some time, but eventually I humiliated them and took the provinces needed to form Persia. Just look at that beautiful deep green colour, and the glorious MeMe girl as my flag.

80n9ptD.jpg

Settling down to a nice long truce with the Timurids, I proceeded to go crazy in the north. I realised as the only Shia nation on the planet, I wasn't going to get many allies, so I decided to make my own. I smashed into Nogai, creating the vassal of Kahazk and feeding the rest to Astrakhan, then jumped on the defenceless Bukhara to give Kahazk back their cores, as well as creating another vassal of Sibir. Seeing that Crimea was no longer defended by the Russians, I jumped on them, feeding all of their land to Georgia. Oh, and as they were still allied to the now two province Ottoman, I co-belligerented them and took them as a vassal. Just to keep the Mamluks honest.

With the session drawing to a close, the Timurids were getting attacked on two flanks, the Mamluks across the Straights, and the Mughals in the east. Once my truce was up I instantly joined in, cleansing the heretics from rightful Khorassani and Persian clay.

qPPTQEn.jpg

Vassals Gained: Ottomans, Kazakh, Sibir
Provinces Gained: Qom, Kashan, Isfahan, Yazd, Kerman, Rafsanjan
Provinces Gained for Khorasan: Ardakan, Tabas, Tun, Ghuriyan, Herat, Mashhad, Bojnord, Nishapur, Sabzevar
Provinces Gained for Astrakhan: Orda, Lower Yik, Yaik, Utva, Buzuluk, Agyidel, Zhetyru, Chelyaba
Provinces Gained for Georgia: Tyn, Mansur, Kyzyl-Yar, Yedishkul
Provinces Gained for Kazahk: Shekty, Tortkara, Turgay, Upper Ishim, Aksary, Kerey, Shegendyk, Baganaly, Kypshak, Altyn, Alty-Kuduk, Syghnak, Ekibastuz
Provinces Gained for Sibir: Kurgan, Om, Tyumen, Ishim, Irtesh

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
Uzzy FYI, there is a very annoying big blue Shia blob to my southeast...

Who you'll defend btw, if we ever were to attack him directly.

Kira.FA37

Jan 11, 2018
The Mamluks started the session in 2 wars, the Fezzan Conquest of Tunis and the Eternal League War. After wrapping up Tunis the League War (FINALLLY!) ended without us losing any money or lands, however European meddling in my affairs was not done yet as Portugal was trying to conquer parts of Temclen. As such I had to intervene to bring those lands under Fezzan supervision and Mamlukian protection. That wrapped up the adventures on the Northern African front today however it might be come a flash point in the feature due to Spanish and Portugese influences in the region.

Next stop, our eternal enemies the Ottomans whose truce just ended, unfortunately they were a bit bigger then expected so the borders aren't clean yet, however there were some other events happening in the region, but more on that later...

dXNU2sQ.png

Next the armies spent a bit of time down south beating up on the Ethopians, once our ally, now a part of the empire, they may not live another session. Kilwa also seemd to have change of course and started consolidating their country, they have issues with rebel tribesman these days in their homelands, best not to mettle in their affairs for now.

Jhswnb0.png

The following decade was spent in peace as its time to unify the great lands of the Arabian Peninsula under the true Mamlukian Empire banner, and yes, we are actually an empire now as I attained the rank, as annexing vassels requires a bit of peace... In addition I took this time to pay down the war debts from the League War, which while I did not participate had to keep my army on high maintenance to scare of any would be invaders and made significant investments in my economy.

During this time I decided I needed to mop up some of the last minor hold outs of unification on the Arabian Peninsula, namely Hassa who owns Bahrein in the Persian Gulf and Mahra who owns Suqutra in the Gulf of Aiden. And as such I started work on an Middle Eastern navy. During this time those blue colored Shia heathens to our east decided they'd rather be green and declared themselves Persians and became the defenders of the Shia fate. They now seem to take Haasa under their protection...

For funsies I decided I would take a stab at the TImiruds as I had been at peace for over a decade and I just wanted to get the island of Hormuz for reasons of defense. That turned into a bit of a bigger war as both Persia and the Mughals decided to piggy back on this, and a much bigger taking of lands on my part as SOMEBODY (PERSIAAAAAAAAAAAAA) decided to get a VASSEL (Ottomans) in the middle of MY backyard (Anatolia), as such I felt forced to return the favor. Which gave rise to the traditional Mamlukian border gore we all love:

CL7DCdq.png

Hopefully I can negotiate a deal with the Persian Grand Vizier Uzzy where we can do a mutual exchange of lands in the name of peace.

Anyway, here is the glorious Mamlukian Empire in 1586 in its entirity:

AYGuMPP.png

Last edited:

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
I started out the session with making peace with Kilwa. The Ai thankfully agreed to the terms I made out with Merkunt. Since I was 30k manpower in debt and had rebels sprawling everywhere not much happened the next few years. After my army's where ready to strike again I took a few provinces getting me closer to Delhi. At the end of the session I started a war with Mallaca since the have some really great provinces and I need some money for my last fort and more artillery.
Then everything should be ready to kick all the Indians in the ass and get Geido his rightful land back.

XvB69lD.jpg

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another session, another battle with aggressive expansion.

Finished off the war against minor Italian states and Hungary by granting Moldavia and their vassal Transylvania bunch of provinces, and taking Firenze for myself. The second coalition against Venice fizzled out quickly after the war despite another big AE hit (much like the first one had done), and, in more good news, the province of Trent joined the sweet embrace of Venice when rebels broke Austria. The once-mighty seat of the Emperor has been reduced to a OPM. How sad.

One of Austria's successor states was Styria, which I quickly attacked and took Krain for myself. I also launched another Crimean campaign: still not enough war score to vassalise the savages, so only took Crimea and Azov. This might cause some trouble with the ascendant Persia down the line.

More war schemes were hatched between Venice and Moldavia, and after the wars with the Commonwealth and the Papal States (which gained Venice the valuable province of Siena), Hungary should be the next target, though yet another coalition has formed against Venice, this time led by our former allies in Spain.

I also decided to make Reformed our state religion for no particular reason, except all my provinces were being converted anyway, so hey, why not go with the flow. Prestige was in the tank, though, so morale of armies was rather low for a while.

Not much visible change in Northern Italy, though Venice is steadily chipping away at it and getting ever closer to forming Italy. Notably Austria has been decimated:

XN0BTxM.png

For the next session, we are counting on our allies Moldavia and the mighty Mamluks to provide much needed support should the third coalition against Venice decide to take up arms.

Provinces gained: Firenze, Siena, Trent, Krain, Crimea, Azov.

In a somewhat related comment, I need to get a map-mod. I am ashamed of sharing these ugly things.

Last edited:

Morfeo

Oct 25, 2017
Ive gotten my laptop back from repair, and played a bit, but i have some issues with the message-box on the lower part of the screen. For some reason it will always show the oldest rather than the newest messages. Is this a know problem? I cant seem to find an option to change it in the options. It always used to show the latest messages primarily before,but letting you scroll upwards if you wanted. This current system make them completely useless imo, but i really dont want to put everything on pop-up either.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Also, when my regional ally Heinaut tried to call me into a ware against Spain, Portugal and England:

The bad thing is that now Spain has a provines in the Low Countries. But I guess it's historical.

Last edited:

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
In a somewhat related comment, I need to get a map-mod. I am ashamed of sharing these ugly things.

I installed that one Kira mentioned earlier. It looks very good in his screens, but I think it'll take some time getting used to it. The screen is very busy with all the terrain and border together.