• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
Fuck off with that shite. You're not putting my country at risk because you want to go back to the glory of the effin' empire. Backstop stays.

If brexit does happen - and I doubt it at this point - Scotland and Northern Ireland will be gone within five years, back to the EU.

I don't think anyone supports the back stop. Full membership of the customs union would be better in the eyes of remainers. I've no illusions that Britain is anywhere near the force it used to be and I've not suggested as much. I suspect Scotland will get and perhaps win an independence vote at some point in the next decade regardless. Then their politics will be like their football. Complete domination by one party :)

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
It's an old tradition grabbing the mace, he didn't damage it or anything.
"extraordinary scenes" is over selling it compared to others swinging it around etc

'In 1976, Michael Heseltine, a member of the Conservative Party, seized the mace from the table and held it above his head after Labour MPs on the government side started to sing "The Red Flag", the traditional anthem of the Labour Party, during a heated debate on the controversial Aircraft and Shipbuilding Industries Bill, which nationalised large parts of the UK aerospace and shipbuilding industries.'

Such a shame that we didn't have cameras in the Commons then, as seeing Tarzan wave the mace around would have been a great sight.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like the instability is increasing the chance we're walking into a accidental no deal. Everyone seems to be so buy playing party politics time could run out.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
This decision was always on the cards, the response from May is to try and avoid the vote altogether until the final moment to try and force a vote of crash out or her shit show. She is a despicable piece of shit and the Rebels and core of the cross party coalition need to hold their nerve. Then again I don't fucking trust the vermin in the Tory Party (my contempt for the Labour front bench and Lexiter wing is just as high).

Absolute horseshit.

No deal is a violation of international law, since you violate the GFA. No deal is undeliverable as a proposition. It doesn't matter what *you think* were the *promises* of the referendum were, that is a pure fact. You can not magic away Northern Ireland.

Second, you have made an assertion as to what Leave voters voted for. In a swing of 2% you have interpreted that the wide coalition of Leave voted for the same thing. This is comprehensively a lie. They were a collection of people who were conned over NHS money, those wanting Norway, those "wanting to take back control", those wanting no brown people (racists), those wanting no immigrants (racists), libertopian free market taliban, Lexiter batshit insane cretins (unforgivable to me), Labour protest voters and cunts There was no singular Leave vote. There is no clearly define Brexit because it DOESN'T FUCKING EXIST.

We know from polling that people don't even know what No Deal actually is (i.e. some people think it means status quo), we also know that the limit on No Deal is c.30-35% of the electorate which correlates exactly to the likely number of xenophobes and crazies in the electorate. The polling for Remain is far above where it was prior to the referendum, the demographics are always moving in its favour. Democracy is not a static instance in time. Finally the referendum itself was illegal, Leave committed the biggest campaign finance violations in history and there are criminal investigations (which the government tried to suppress) ongoing. There is no will of the people. That is just propaganda. It doesn't exist.

I thought that , according to the legal advice that the government were forced to publish, no deal is NOT a breach of the GFA? Please point me to a reputable legal source that says the referendum is illegal? It's not legally binding, true, but there is an obligation of duty on politicians to implement the will of the people. Or at the very least, debate to be had as to how far politics and matters of law crossover and to what extent it is "politically binding". I.e. it is the duty of parliament in such matters to implement the will of the people.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please point me to a reputable legal source that says the referendum is illegal?
It's not legally binding, that's different than illegal so stop twisting words.
I thought that , according to the legal advice that the government were forced to publish, no deal is NOT a breach of the GFA?
You're legitimately full of gammon shit here. If the AG said the moon was made of cheese and we'd strike a trade agreement with the wizards who lived there (therefore cutting out our need to import from France) that wouldn't be a legitimate answer. The AGs role is to mince and twist the legislation to work for the government. There is no way to prevent a border with technology. The technology doesn't exist and if it did we'd be using it today elsewhere. But we don't.

You put a land border that's closed in Northern Ireland and I guarantee you that armed tensions will rise again. Whether that's a self imposed loyalist army "to protect the border" or resenting nationalists who want to have their full flowing access to ROI, someone will die.

But if you don't give a shit about that just admit it and stop posting in bad faith, just be honest with what you want.

Brexit at all costs at the expense of others if need be. Because will of the people, strong and stable in the national interest march 29th - nothing (make me a deal) has changed.