• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Source: https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soc...-sciences-suspends-foreign-worker-over-racist

A foreign worker at the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing has been fired for posting racist comments on social media.
The incident came to light when screenshots of posts made on employment networking site LinkedIn by Mark Kolars, a visual effects designer who worked at the academy's Institute of Automation in Beijing, were shared on Weibo, China's Twitter-like service.
One of them read: "not racism, just don't like dirty yellow guys, talking trash all day long, who cares about your leaders, we are here to make money and you need us. Without us to begin with you would still wear rice heads".
In another, Kolars referred to his son as "a mix of European Caucasian and Asien [sic] Chinese blood. Europe as bench mark which China will never reach. Not smart enough. Inbreeding for too long. Nature strives for genetic variances."

On Thursday, the institute issued another statement on Weibo stating that his employment contract had been terminated.
Kolars issued an apology in LinkedIn on Tuesday night, saying he had posted several messages that were "inappropriate and racist in nature and hurt the feelings of my Chinese friends and colleagues".

Another one of those 'I'm not racist but......" and "I'm sorry (I got caught)" incidents.

Fire me if old.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Well, yeah, good. What a shithead.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
what does 'wear rice heads' even mean lmao

i guess he must mean the conical bamboo hats which rule

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Must be one of those people that say that aren't racist because their dog is also yellow.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

i guess he must mean the conical bamboo hats which rule
"Asians eat rice" always comes across as the lamest racist focal point to me. Not that any racist thing is particularly good, but it just feels so incrediby blase. It's like they don't want to just make stuff up whole cloth but they also don't know anything about their culture so they go with the only fact they can think of even if it's just ridiculously boring.

Like, imagine if people called European or American cars "breaders" because white people eat bread.

Glasfrut

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So your wife is Chinese...but this is how you see her people? New Year's family dinner's gonna be awkward.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. That piece of shit went all in. It wasn't one of those spur of the moment racist things we see all the time. His racism went historical.

Mr.Arrow

Dec 6, 2018
What the heck is yellow people supposed to mean.

Edit: Okay so I look up at the meaning.....

Wtf thats racist as fuck

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
It's still insane to me that people genuinely believe the pigment of your skin is the most important thing in the world and defines everything about you.

Though maybe that's cos I'm mostly brown but grew up in a nearly exclusively white area, not that I'm one of those "I don't see color" people but I just assumed everyone was the same until I got older and learned the stupid truth of our society.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Shanghai Noon reference. He's probably a self loathing cowboy.

m7B9wwk.jpg

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
It's still insane to me that people genuinely believe the pigment of your skin is the most important thing in the world and defines everything about you.

Though maybe that's cos I'm mostly brown but grew up in a nearly exclusively white area, not that I'm one of those "I don't see color" people but I just assumed everyone was the same until I got older and learned the stupid truth of our society.

also yellow is just one of those things some white guy made up cos asians don't lobster in the sun but we're not black skinned either.

unless you're an island/equator asian i guess

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Not racist but people of this race are not smart enough. Right... What fucking idiot. Clearly the superior race. Doing blatantly dumb shit and losing your job

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That guy looks like a turd and speaks of racial superiority. Also pretty funny that he speaks of inbreeding when there was so much inbreeding in the European monarchy that it led to stuff like the infamous Habsburg jaw.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty awful comments and his apology is probably not genuine, but at least he does explicitly admit his comments were "racist in nature", instead of the usual "this doesn't represent me" / "I was drunk/tired" etc.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
FIrst of all.
That is racist as goddamn fuck and throwing a "not racism" at the start does not counteract what is said in the latter 95% of everything said.

Second of all.
"rice heads"?

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Caught posting racist shit on Linkedin of all places LOL. Also his wife is Chinese wtf. Poor son, dad is trash.