• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
My drunk uncle is in !
but on the other hand no porugese anime man is some bullshit , what the hell

j.zed

Oct 29, 2017
San Marino got in. Oh my fucking god. I seriously think they just randomize the results, how on Earth is that possible otherwise? Anyway, I'm happy Australia and Slovenia went through. Too bad for Poland.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
Lol. I'm glad Slovenia got in, but Estonia and fucking San Marino instead of Poland and Portugal or Hungary is bullshit.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
hh8nAeF.jpg

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Last two songs were the ones I wanted the most for the final. Super reliefed right now. Can't believe San Marino did it!

DG5000

Nov 14, 2017
Lol at discount version fuego, san marino and the asmr couple passing to the final but no Poland and no Conan. Not even watching the final foh.

Micael

Oct 28, 2017
Portugal wasn't particularly good guys. I wanted him in because I liked his outfit and dance, but not because of the song.

His performance was pretty weak this time around (the national finals were quite a lot better in almost all regards), but honestly given the amount of utter trash it still should have made it through, same as with Poland.

OP
OP
Red Arremer

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Remember that the semis have a lot less people voting in them so the fans have more sway in them, and in the Eurovision bubble, San Marino and Estonia are fan favourites, so it's no big surprise they snuck through.
Shame about Poland and Portugal, but I understand that both of them are more divisive (Portugal is extremely avantgarde and people either hate or love it, and for Poland I saw a lot of 'screechy' comments).

Overall though, I'm fairly content with the results, most of the songs I would have put through made it.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I wasn't expecting a win but being passed over by a generic pop song sang but a dude that looks to be in a middle life crisis and can't stay in tune is too much for me.

See you next year...

OP
OP
Red Arremer

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OP is updated, and all linked up with the live performances of this semi.
If one of the links is broken, please let me know so I can fix it!

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Should enter Ghost for Sweden. Watch evil pope crush them all.
hvXhCBd.gif

yeah I know Tobias is playing a new character called Cardinal Copia other than the Papa Emeritus evil pope character or any of the other evil popes he "passed the position" onto in his stage acts. We all know the face paint will return though and his current stage character's story will eventually go from Cardinal to the next Papa skull painted evil pope.

Last edited:

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
Ghost would slay everyone, but I don't think they would sink to an Eurovision level, lol.

Serbia and Belarus are in, I don't care about the rest.

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва
Glad my balkan faves made it but Portugal's exclusion from the GF justifies every call for the death of the juries over the years. What is the point if it isn't to elevate acts like Conan Osiris.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
That was a pretty shit semifinal to be honest, but I wouldn't really complain about any of the countries that got through (except San Marino, WTF Europe?). Also props to Iceland for helping us Americans out.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
As an halfpolish guy who normally laughs at their normally shitty contribution, I was surprised that I actually could listen through the entire song this year. Everything else sucked even more, and still Poland didn't go through. It's the beauty of Eurovision!

OP
OP
Red Arremer

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not exactly sure why people are still calling Eurovision to be absolutely terrible. I mean of course it's going to be pop music, that's what sells the most and appeals to most people. And even if it's not a pop genre but something else, such as metal or Hatari's industrial stuff, it has to be leaning more towards pop, and be palatable for both the juries and the voting viewers.
Finland tried a much harder song with Terasbetöni a few years after Lordi won, and they barely made it out of the semi final and finished in bottom 3 or so.