• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, never saw that one before
Tell me there's more
Screen%20Shot%202016-07-31%20at%206.55.03%20PM.png

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Is Death and Rebirth and End of Eva included in this? I'm in either way, loved this series since I first watched it, and glad to have my copies.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I can legally stream the series on my PS4 because I bought it from the PlayStation Store back in the late 2000s before ADV collapsed.

But it's in standard definition and dub-only, so I look forward to the series hitting Netflix. I hope Netflix eventually releases it on blu-ray as well.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
On one hand I'm excited. On the other hand I'm a bit disappointed that I won't be able to sell my Platinum Collection in 10 years and retire right then and there.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I just wanna watch EoE. I watched the series years ago and found the stuff leading up to the last several episodes to be fun, but nothing special. Never ended up watching End of Eva though despite knowing so much about through cultural osmosis.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH JKSGHEHGTSDHGSDOGUHOEHGESWOTHSWOETHWEOTHEOS:FHOESIDHFTOEIWHTEOSHESWTHS

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are the movies and shit coming too?

I've never watched more than Episode 1 so I'm excited. But through pop culture osmosis it's almost like I've seen the entire show.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Yesss, I've never seen it so I'm super excited. Is there a special watch order or is it just: series -> movie 1 -> movie 2?

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got my popcorn ready for all the people watching this for the first time. Expecting confusion and outrage.

Also, I thought I read somewhere a while ago that they were doing a new dub for this? Or am I mistaken?

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Is this show good if you don't like anime tropes? On a 1-10 scale, how anime is it?

It started a lot of tropes that you see in anime that it was critical about like the Tsundere which lesser works repeated without any of the criticism.

But there's a lot there that isn't very anime.

So I agree that it bounces back between 1 and 10 and then the scale breaks when it shoots above 10 and below 1 at different moments.

sarmonic

Oct 29, 2017
This is one of the first anime series I ever watched and I really disliked it for the most part. I'm looking forward to rewatching it, though, to see if my tastes have changed over the years and maybe I can gain a new appreciation for it.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's been a decade and a half since I first watched it. Haven't seen it since. Look forward to watching it again