• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Fanfest 2020 has been cancelled due to COVID-19. Sad that this event won't be happening this year, but completely understandable as to why.

www.eveonline.com

EVE Fanfest 2020 Canceled | EVE Online

Due to safety concerns surrounding spread of coronavirus.
Meh it's not even killed as many people as the Flu! CCP probably in disarray, have nothing to show and were looking for excuses to cancel anyway as they are very scared of Star Citizen's recent reveals. /s

More seriously, that is unfortunate to hear but almost certainly for the best.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just got back into the game after years. Does Era have a Corp?

Ixian

Nov 25, 2018
I've just gone back to the game after a good while (circa 2015 with a week long return in 2017). Is there any resetera activity? Would be nice to join a nice resetera Corp.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I've just gone back to the game after a good while (circa 2015 with a week long return in 2017). Is there any resetera activity? Would be nice to join a nice resetera Corp.
How did it feel going back? I played religiously for years, but probably close to a decade ago. I feel like trying to come back now would be insurmountable.

Not to mention that I'm fairly certain my pod is stranded out in w-space.

Ixian

Nov 25, 2018
How did it feel going back? I played religiously for years, but probably close to a decade ago. I feel like trying to come back now would be insurmountable.

I've been enjoying it but I've yet to find a decent corp to join - it starts to feel quite repetitive without the social element I think. I was surprised to find out looking at my character that I started in about 2010, and played a lot for a couple of years (like yourself). Any time I've gone back since has been kind of short, but it would be nice to stick around for longer this time. If you're stuck in w-space you can just get yourself killed - you'll still lose any implants you have installed but there's no longer and skill loss on death.

Oct 27, 2017

Got the itch to log back in for the first time since like 2013. I'm in some station, lost deep in nullsec space with a Dominix and some sort of stealth ship. I don't remember any controls, the UI looks different, and my old giant bomb crew looks dead. I'm too scared to leave the station lol I also didn't realize it went f2p so there is no longer plex but some sort of omega clone premium subscription system? This is the part I'm most confused by right now....

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know of a pretty good streamlined resource (video, blog) that explains how to get into a specific career? Specifically, what you need to buy, general path to get what you need so you can get up and running? Figured I would ask here if anyone happened to know while I do my own research.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know of a pretty good streamlined resource (video, blog) that explains how to get into a specific career? Specifically, what you need to buy, general path to get what you need so you can get up and running? Figured I would ask here if anyone happened to know while I do my own research.
I remember seeing an amazing, huuuuge flowchart type thing somewhere from back in the day but I can't find it now. Something like this is a good jumping off point I'm sure:

Do you have a particular career in mind?

Oct 27, 2017
I remember seeing an amazing, huuuuge flowchart type thing somewhere from back in the day but I can't find it now. Something like this is a good jumping off point I'm sure:

Do you have a particular career in mind?
Exploration probably.

I know this may sound simplistic, but I just want to be able to go to cool places and see cool shit. Not super interested in combat. Being a space trucker would also be acceptable possibly.

I did the initial exploration tutorial, and my primary issue is that I don't really know how to leverage that information into actually making some money so I can upgrade and buy stuff.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
This massive Twitter hack makes me chuckle. An ISK doubling scam straight from Jita 4-4 😁

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
Is there an era preferred faction? The one I was in last year imploded and I'm looking to get back into the game.
In what way do you mean faction? NPC-aligned factions (still player-run) like in Faction Warfare space, Amarr vs. Minmatar, Caldari vs. Gallente

or do you mean you were in a general player-run corporation based in highsec, lowsec, or nullsec?

If you want a newbie friendly entry into the nullsec meta, you can join the following groups:

Brave Newbies
Karmafleet
Pandemic Horde

I recommend Brave Newbies or Karmafleet.

Currently Brave Newbies are on the brink of eviction of their space currently in Catch/Impass, but that shouldn't discourage people from joining. Generally their culture is very good and great place to learn the game. Currently they're attempting to establish a foothold and control the space of Querious but it's an uphill battle currently against Siberian Squad and the Imperium in general. The current war of PAPI against Imperium has taken a toll on PAPI and its alies like Brave. If their offensive into Querious falls flat, would likely see them evac and setup base to lowsec while they gather their strength again and would make a reentry into null. Any way, I love that Brave Newbies/Brave collective aliance, it's a shame they agreed to be dragged into the mess of this war against Imperium by TEST/Vily/progodlegend. It's hit them hard.

Karmafleet is also very good, they're part of the Imperium/Goonswarm, also newbie-oriented and a fun bunch of people. They're more organised and stronger than Brave.

Last edited:

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
New "Uprising" expansion trailer

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y4LYdj4qWU

Seems like mostly a Faction War revamp, some new ships too?

There's a free 7 days Omega available, along with a 7 day track of login rewards presumably to celebrate the launch. Used it on my long inactive account, because why not. Gotta say, it's pretty easy to run this at native 4k on a 3060Ti, and it looks lovely! Tho all I did was pootle around Jita and queue a few skills. Might give these Abyssals a bit of a run...

Also:

This thread is more than 1 year old... I am aware that replying to this thread may be considered spam, but I still want to make a reply.

damn!

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
This poor thread is so slow lol. I guess that's appropriate for EVE in a way.

I'm not super interested in the faction warfare stuff, but it seems like the community is happy with the changes in Uprising, which is good.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
Yeah unfortunately EVE isn't really a game that is much in this forum's tastes. Been playing myself since 2008, with naturally breaks thrown in. I haven't played for the last 4-5 months regularly though because I became quite disatisfied with CCP's handling of things for a while now. But it's looking like they've finally started to listen again, and FW stuff seems good so might take one of my characters out to do some solo or small gang FW PvP. Does the new FW system still require you to leave your existing corp to join?

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Very nice price error in the Black Friday sale which I think just went live today, idk how long this will remain for or if they'll even let it stand once purchased, but I was intending to buy at least one month anyway after my free 7 days omega runs out tomorrow, so what the hell... for now "it worked for me!"

evepriceerrortidxt.png