• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This new Abyss content has my interest, will probably sign in and check it out when I get the chance.
I had been testing it out on the test server for a bit before launch and it's the most interesting PvE content they've introduced to the game by far. Even the calm sites can have some challenging room setups and the combination of the different room mechanics, environmental hazards, the max 20 minute cap that you'll actually be in the site, and that you can activate the filaments anywhere in New Eden has increased my enjoyment for the game immensely. This kind of instanced, easily accessible gameplay that scales out to meet every level of player has something this game has desperately needed for a while in my book.

I found a filament in the first data can of the first data site that I scanned down, ran some Calm level sites in an Arbitrator, and made about 290m off selling that Precursor Frigate skillbook that I had drop on day 1 of the patch. I'm a happy camper.

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
Abyss patch sucked me in to look around. It's been 5-6 years.

It seems a LOT easier than it used to be.

Now just to decide what to do :(.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Guys. Anyone still active on this game? I am still semi playing this game and i just had it going solo lol. I would love to join some corps so i won't die like stupid guy alone in space.T_T Hell, i don't even have any more money right now after my 40 mil ship gone hiks.

OP
OP
Tachya

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
Guys. Anyone still active on this game? I am still semi playing this game and i just had it going solo lol. I would love to join some corps so i won't die like stupid guy alone in space.T_T Hell, i don't even have any more money right now after my 40 mil ship gone hiks.

Im actually back playing WoW right now with some people I met in EVE lol.

My main account for EVE is still subscribed for about a week or two more though.

I'd recommend the corp I was/am currently in, but it's a wormhole corporation which may be a bit advanced for you. The skill points required to play the necessary doctrine ships have gone up recently too — flying fancier, more expensive stuff.

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Still active, also in a Wormhole corp.

Had my blingy abyss ship ganked right outside our structures today. Sucked.
:(

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im actually back playing WoW right now with some people I met in EVE lol.

My main account for EVE is still subscribed for about a week or two more though.

I'd recommend the corp I was/am currently in, but it's a wormhole corporation which may be a bit advanced for you. The skill points required to play the necessary doctrine ships have gone up recently too — flying fancier, more expensive stuff.

Sadness. I am still doing my best to farm out those 40 mil back lol. It probably will take me 10 days here. Just hope i wont get ganked once more.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Still active, also in a Wormhole corp.

Had my blingy abyss ship ganked right outside our structures today. Sucked.
:(

Lol. I just checked those farming in wormhole anf their income is just insane. Like a single run...300 million? While me in one hour.... not even 1 million lol.

This is such a bummer.

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lol. I just checked those farming in wormhole anf their income is just insane. Like a single run...300 million? While me in one hour.... not even 1 million lol.

This is such a bummer.

Yeah it gets kind of absurd, a Nestor fleet we had going on in a Class 5 wormhole got me like 1bill in the course of maybe 2 hours and that was after the split between 4-5 people.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it gets kind of absurd, a Nestor fleet we had going on in a Class 5 wormhole got me like 1bill in the course of maybe 2 hours and that was after the split between 4-5 people.

Yeah. Kinda bummed me out here. When i try to jump into low sec to try farming RAT. I get destroyed hard and lost my hard earned ship. But if i just farm around high sec to mid sec. The money i received is just patheticly low. Especially when i am Alpha.

Buying a single ship is such a pipe dream.

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. Kinda bummed me out here. When i try to jump into low sec to try farming RAT. I get destroyed hard and lost my hard earned ship. But if i just farm around high sec to mid sec. The money i received is just patheticly low. Especially when i am Alpha.

Buying a single ship is such a pipe dream.

My top suggestion for anyone trying to get into EVE is to join a corp ASAP - they can help a lot with learning what to train and will often provide you ships in the event of a loss. Brave Newbies is fantastic in this regard.

If you're mission running remember to try to stick with a single mission faction to try to get their higher level missions. The harder missions give better rewards.

Have you tried Exploration as a revenue source? It's really solid stuff for newer players. Get a scanning ship like an imicus, load it with some probes and a probe launcher, try to find a wormhole and scan down the relic or data sites inside of them. A ship that ends up costing between 1-2m can net you 100m+ fairly quickly. It's a low risk activity (with regards to ship cost) that has very lucrative rewards. I'd read up on wormholes before taking the plunge though, they're my favorite section of space in the game but with no local there's never any notion of real safety. Gotta get used to using your directional scanner fairly frequently.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My top suggestion for anyone trying to get into EVE is to join a corp ASAP - they can help a lot with learning what to train and will often provide you ships in the event of a loss. Brave Newbies is fantastic in this regard.

If you're mission running remember to try to stick with a single mission faction to try to get their higher level missions. The harder missions give better rewards.

Have you tried Exploration as a revenue source? It's really solid stuff for newer players. Get a scanning ship like an imicus, load it with some probes and a probe launcher, try to find a wormhole and scan down the relic or data sites inside of them. A ship that ends up costing between 1-2m can net you 100m+ fairly quickly. It's a low risk activity (with regards to ship cost) that has very lucrative rewards. I'd read up on wormholes before taking the plunge though, they're my favorite section of space in the game but with no local there's never any notion of real safety. Gotta get used to using your directional scanner fairly frequently.

I probably should try doing mission here. The problem is, when i count how much i can get from RAT at 0.5 sec, it seems i get more on RAT. But i will see then.

The reason i dont really like exploration is, it seems. I would need to actually fit a specific ship for exploration. Which can kinda sucks.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lol. This is just great. Getting Ganked like crazy and lost another ship. I am giving up fast here.T_T And i am just playing in 0.5 sec too. Whats with Suicide ganker here.T_T

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lol. This is just great. Getting Ganked like crazy and lost another ship. I am giving up fast here.T_T And i am just playing in 0.5 sec too. Whats with Suicide ganker here.T_T

May be time to choose a different activity for a few days, or try mission running for the same faction in a different system. Is it the same person? What system are you mission running in?

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
May be time to choose a different activity for a few days, or try mission running for the same faction in a different system. Is it the same person? What system are you mission running in?

From the name. It is some Chinese guys i think? I am Ratting and the suddenly they attack me hard. And boom. Lost another ship. I don't think they are the same guy but this one is crazy. They suddenly attack me on high sec and boom lost another ships.

I do forget to save some of my item there as i think i am carrying like 3 million things that i get from Ratting.T_T

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Disco. Can i just join your guys corps there? After thinking it again and again and suffering stupid ship lost. I am thinking of going logistic ships lol. Playing support seems to be a better way i think.T_T That way, i will stay protected and can help u guys on any mission?

I am so fed up with grinding Rat only to lost ships. Hell, with my whole money bank right now. THis is going to be my last ship i can make lol.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
From the name. It is some Chinese guys i think? I am Ratting and the suddenly they attack me hard. And boom. Lost another ship. I don't think they are the same guy but this one is crazy. They suddenly attack me on high sec and boom lost another ships.

I do forget to save some of my item there as i think i am carrying like 3 million things that i get from Ratting.T_T

I have a hard time believing you're getting suicide ganked in highsec for 3m isk worth of tags, that really doesn't seem right. Can you link some lossmails? (or post / pm your character name)

When you say "farm out those 40 mil back", you mean you need 40m isk?

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have a hard time believing you're getting suicide ganked in highsec for 3m isk worth of tags, that really doesn't seem right. Can you link some lossmails? (or post / pm your character name)

When you say "farm out those 40 mil back", you mean you need 40m isk?

Yeah 40 mil. Been losing ships multiple time since i come back hiks. I don't think it is about the 3 million tags. Just they are having fun? This ganker team usually just kill people for fun.T_T

https://esi.tech.ccp.is/v1/killmail...1f8c8c4bc6df9841d48cb/?datasource=tranquility

Is it like that posting lossmails? Not really sure how lol.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah 40 mil. Been losing ships multiple time since i come back hiks. I don't think it is about the 3 million tags. Just they are having fun? This ganker team usually just kill people for fun.T_T

https://esi.tech.ccp.is/v1/killmail...1f8c8c4bc6df9841d48cb/?datasource=tranquility

Is it like that posting lossmails? Not really sure how lol.

Close enough :) usually link to a killboard that formats it a little nicer, like this: https://zkillboard.com/kill/71128319/

But I think there was enough info in the raw link to find it, Is this you?

That's not high sec space, it's 0.4 unfortunately - the first rank of low sec space - so they're not suiciding, they can attack you without worry in that sector. And yeah, in low sec space they'll be doing it for fun. Chances are, they think you're prob looking for PVP if you're hanging around belts in lowsec space.

What do you need the 40m for?

Last edited:

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Disco. Can i just join your guys corps there? After thinking it again and again and suffering stupid ship lost. I am thinking of going logistic ships lol. Playing support seems to be a better way i think.T_T That way, i will stay protected and can help u guys on any mission?

I am so fed up with grinding Rat only to lost ships. Hell, with my whole money bank right now. THis is going to be my last ship i can make lol.

What's your in game name?

I'm in a C4 corp called POS Party, look us up if you're interested in joining. We're mainly Western European / American timezones. Just be wary that Wormhole space doesn't function quite like the other parts of EVE, there's no consistent map of our area, no guarantee that we'll have any connection to known space, and how dangerous our space is is entirely dependent on who we're connected to at any given time. Solo ratting is gonna require ships you may not have access to so unless you like the idea of Gas huffing making ISK may be harder for you as a newer player.

Try Exploration for a bit, if the thought of scanning anything and everything annoys you then Wormhole space may not be the best destination.

Last edited:

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Close enough :) usually link to a killboard that formats it a little nicer, like this: https://zkillboard.com/kill/71128319/

But I think there was enough info in the raw link to find it, Is this you?

That's not high sec space, it's 0.4 unfortunately - the first rank of low sec space - so they're not suiciding, they can attack you without worry in that sector. And yeah, in low sec space they'll be doing it for fun. Chances are, they think you're prob looking for PVP if you're hanging around belts in lowsec space.

What do you need the 40m for?

Yes that is me.^_^

Aww... that is not low sec? Dammit. No wonder i get ganked to crips.TT i thought 0.5 and 0.4 is both safe areas.( i remember there is a warning before but i cant remember which is the number sadly.)

I am thinking of scrambling my whole saving to build a harbringer to be able to fight and survive more of this kind of gank in low sec there. Who knows i can get a payback.^_^

What's your in game name?

I'm in a C4 corp called POS Party, look us up if you're interested in joining. We're mainly Western European / American timezones. Just be wary that Wormhole space doesn't function quite like the other parts of EVE, there's no consistent map of our area, no guarantee that we'll have any connection to known space, and how dangerous our space is is entirely dependent on who we're connected to at any given time. Solo ratting is gonna require ships you may not have access to so unless you like the idea of Gas huffing making ISK may be harder for you as a newer player.

Try Exploration for a bit, if the thought of scanning anything and everything annoys you then Wormhole space may not be the best destination.

Bellepao Norn.

Hmmm..... i never tried exploration at all here. So, wormhole also required a lot of scanning?

I thought wormhole is kinda going into dungeon together?

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes that is me.^_^
Hmmm..... i never tried exploration at all here. So, wormhole also required a lot of scanning?

I thought wormhole is kinda going into dungeon together?

Scanning is a fundamental part of wormhole space, if you can't / don't want to scan then it's not the place for you. Think of Wormholes as just another livable space in New Eden

Some people live in High Sec
Some people live in Low / Null Sec
Some people live in Wormholes

Each section of space has its own set of rules and unique mechanics governing them. In Wormholes there is no local chat (you don't know if anyone is in the same system as you are unless they pipe up and say something), connections between different systems need to be manually scanned down (so no stargates showing you where you can go next), and these connection between systems shift from day to day. Otherwise though it mostly operates like anywhere else, people can live out of wormholes, build structures, and make a living out of the resources you can farm there.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Scanning is a fundamental part of wormhole space, if you can't / don't want to scan then it's not the place for you. Think of Wormholes as just another livable space in New Eden

Each section of space has its own set of rules and unique mechanics governing them. In Wormholes there is no local chat (you don't know if anyone is in the same system as you are unless they pipe up and say something), connections between different systems need to be manually scanned down (so no stargates showing you where you can go next), and these connection between systems shift from day to day. Otherwise though it mostly operates like anywhere else, people can live out of wormholes, build structures, and make a living out of the resources you can farm there.

I see. it does seems interesting there. So, it is like wormhole is a special land where we can farm together with our corps member or even building our own base in that base?

Considering i am going to build a Harbringer with all my muney here. Do you have any good build i can do?^_^ I am not sure what build i need to do here. Needing scanner would mean i already lost a single spot for scan things huh.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Hahahha. Disco i am stupid lol. I buy Harbringer and fit it with tons of weapon with build like what eve uni said....

And then i noticed many of those equipment cant be used due to lack of pilot skill. I want to strangle myself lol. Throwing all my money for a space rock. Wow.

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New Rooks and Kings video:

---

Let the sub expire in August because this month's lineup is insane but I'll be back for new content / Project Nova undoubtedly.

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Sup fellow capsuleers.

This thread is deader than a freighter in Jita, but I'm still posting to say I play the game and I'm in Signal Cartel.

Can't stop the signal!

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
EVE Vegas kicking off today. Looking forward to seeing details on Project Nova, Upwell Structures, and some solid info on some of the information thats been hinted at like PvP Abyssal arenas and squad based abyssal content.

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
TBH i feel like instanced anything shouldn't exist in eve online.
In my book, Abyssal Deadspace is one of the single greatest strictly gameplay related content CCP has developed for the game. It is by far the most compelling PvE experience I've experienced in EVE and hope they continue fleshing out all the avenues it could go. I desperately needed a "I have 30mins-1hr do something fun" type experience and the potential for group content enabling things like Logistics Frigates for PvE really excites me. I hope they push the Abyssal content even further and I'm really excited to see what new ships they could add to the Precursor line.

T-800

Oct 30, 2017
EVE Online trailers are always so good. Wish I was smart enough to play this. I tried the trial a few years ago but had no idea what I was doing. I'll stick to reading stories about it.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
The new 64 bit client is really great, CCP did a good job with it, the performance in massive fights is so much better and it doesn't crash - no longer have to put your game settings to potato mode. Got to experience it in a fight this week. You must manually opt into it in the launcher since it's in beta but I have had no weird issues with it yet.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
There's a Twitch Prime loot drop with a ship, a skin, 15 days of Omega and 150k SP available today, up until July 9th.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
so CCP will be removing local from null soon, with the backdrop of the Invasion, so it'll be a good way for them to test how it works in a live environment. it'll be temporary but we don't know for how long, hopefully the results from it will enable full removal of local from null.

I am very happy about this, because it's something I've always wanted, as it removes an element of instant intel from the game. no longer will you know in fleet engagements, when another force or whatever enters system, you will rely on scouts more, and it means people have to commit more when they get caught, instead of running away as soon as a fleet enters local. as someone that has always lived in null and WH but mostly in small groups, it is really exciting for me.

I really hate how instant intel has changed the game, so removal of local is one way, but also they need to get rid of knowing easily timers, like everyone can look on timeboard.net, you no longer need scouts and gathering intel when everything is instantly available, that is what made older null more fun, because you had to gather intel. also with the removal of local, it becomes difficult to track enemy fleet movements, including reinforcements, so again it bolsters intel/reconnaissance gathering activities. of course you krabbers who just sit in anoms all day won't like it.

like mittens once said long ago (when he was on CSM), removal of local, but allowing entities to build intel gathering infrastructure, like being able to install a module to upgrade the system to include a form of local, can be a way to do it, which would also mean for that system a trade off of another upgrade (i.e. pve upgrades) - so entities would strategically upgrade systems they need for intel. I think CCP should focus on removaing all instant intel elements of the game, therefore also reducing entities from knowing 100% how engagements could play out, because that has made null boring, they need to bring back the unpredictability of null and requiring active intel gathering like the past, simply removing being easy to see timers for example, and null, is a massive leap forward to achieve that alone.

Last edited:

Deleted member 27551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just got back into this game after a few years off it. Can anyone recommend any corps, mainly wanna pve with a bit of pvp here and there. I brought myself a character from the bazaar so the skills are there just not so much my skills.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
Just got back into this game after a few years off it. Can anyone recommend any corps, mainly wanna pve with a bit of pvp here and there. I brought myself a character from the bazaar so the skills are there just not so much my skills.
I think Brave Newbies Inc. would be suited to you, they are in the Brave Collective alliance (leader of it), and are part of the Legacy coalition (comprised of TEST, Requiem Eternal, Tactical Supremacy, etc alliances).

They live in null, I think mostly in the Curse region. You'll get to do PvE and of course PvP within the meta. PvE is of course combat anoms and signatures, level 4/5 missions in the area, exploration sites in Curse (and npc Stain region is close by, and Providence). Of course you can do industry/mining as well, as all null groups pretty much do that en masse now too. They are a friendly bunch of players. Aimed for total newbies, veteran players, but also returning players who are easing back into the game.

I used to be with them a couple of years ago when they just started, for about a year, until the coup happened, as a veteran player I helped FC some of their fleets since I was bored at the time with the meta (and so many people were trying to fight them lol, so easy content). They initially started out as a low sec corp, then moved to NPC null, then to sov-holding null.

Their leader, Dunk Dinkle, is on the CSM now, also a cool guy.

Deleted member 27551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think Brave Newbies Inc. would be suited to you, they are in the Brave Collective alliance (leader of it), and are part of the Legacy coalition (comprised of TEST, Requiem Eternal, Tactical Supremacy, etc alliances).

They live in null, I think mostly in the Curse region. You'll get to do PvE and of course PvP within the meta. PvE is of course combat anoms and signatures, level 4/5 missions in the area, exploration sites in Curse (and npc Stain region is close by, and Providence). Of course you can do industry/mining as well, as all null groups pretty much do that en masse now too. They are a friendly bunch of players. Aimed for total newbies, veteran players, but also returning players who are easing back into the game.

I used to be with them a couple of years ago when they just started, for about a year, until the coup happened, as a veteran player I helped FC some of their fleets since I was bored at the time with the meta (and so many people were trying to fight them lol, so easy content). They initially started out as a low sec corp, then moved to NPC null, then to sov-holding null.

Their leader, Dunk Dinkle, is on the CSM now, also a cool guy.
Thank you for this I will check them out o7

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
No local in null sounds like an excellent idea.
yep, the biggest problem with the game's meta over the years is everyone being able to have instant and perfect intel, and local being one of the primary intel tools, when it shouldn't be. easily available timer information like (https://timerboard.net/) is also dumb, the game should not provide such information so easily, in-game you don't even need to be in system to know timers.

I'd also like to see cyno jammers removed or revamped heavily. Also a look at how subcap warfare has devolved due unbalanced capital changes over the years, this post is very good that detailed the whole issue with it, highly recommended reading: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/cgb7lw/the_obsolescence_of_subcapitals/

now, a battle can occur, and a whole reinforcenment fleet can bridge into a system or use a gate, and you wouldn't just instantly know by looking at the local chat window. It also brings back scouting and active reconaissance gameplay, since you can't just park a character in a system to watch local, a fleet can be in even your system where a battle is, and you won't know without using dscan, and there are tons of systems where you can't d-scan all directs and get all results due to their sizes.

plus, it's great for solo and small gang - since people can't instantly dock up when someone enters system, although this does make it more work for hunters, because you also won't just instantly know if there are targets in a system.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
new cyno changes coming in september release has me a bit conflicted

on one hand, yes of course I agree that a cyno shouldn't be able to be lit by any ship in the game, especially throw away shuttles.

but limiting it to only force recons and blackops battleships? this is way too restrictive. for one, it makes absolutely no sense to use a blackops BS, they're squishy as fuck and cost billion +, just to likely lose. So your only choice is 4 force recon ships which themselves cost a lot at 300m minimum for the hull. no one would ever use a black ops bs for a cyno, it just makes zero sense.

in fact what would make more sense, is actually including Marauders as one of them that can light a cyno, at least give this ship an actual role because it's not used atm even for PvE, at least these could be huge tanks.

that and actually make the cyno a spool-up mechanic, not instant.

and then, widen the classes, so say cynos for only cruiser and up hulls. and make force recons, black ops, and marauders have not just lower cyno cycle time + ozone usage, but also another mechanic to the hull that it reduces spool-up time.

but the simple change to restrict it to effectively 4 ships is way too restrictive because of how simple it is.

i agree that yeah, not every ship like rorquals should be able to light a cyno when they in trouble, but need a dedicated role for this. but the way it is going to be implemented I think will also hamper capital escalations

also saw someone in my alliance post this on slack, I don't understand russian either but you don't need to... self explanatory (guy in a stuka fleet first warps in decloaked, decloaks everyone else, then blows up some fleet members and himself too by launching a bomb by accident)

Last edited:

Eunoia

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone, by any chance, has referral code I can use? It seems that when you create an account with a referral link, it nets you some nice beginner rewards!

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Any players still around?
From my various attempts at getting into the game, late last year i had the most successful one.
I played everyday for a solid 2 months, trained several stuff to be able to get a good start into scanning sites and started to work my way into the cloaking skills.

Was just doing my thing in high sec (lowest i went was probably 0.4), but i wanted to get enough isk to build a small fleet to be able to take more risks.
Is there any point in going to lower sec space looking for better sites?
My question is more from the standpoint of the challenge and risk\reward factor of it.

Since scanning, for now, seems to be pretty simple, is there more depth to it, or am i gonna be chasing signals forever and getting the same sites everytime?

If it's gonna be the same, how do you mix it up?
What do you do in the game to get more income, while not being bored by the task?

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any players still around?
From my various attempts at getting into the game, late last year i had the most successful one.
I played everyday for a solid 2 months, trained several stuff to be able to get a good start into scanning sites and started to work my way into the cloaking skills.

Was just doing my thing in high sec (lowest i went was probably 0.4), but i wanted to get enough isk to build a small fleet to be able to take more risks.
Is there any point in going to lower sec space looking for better sites?
My question is more from the standpoint of the challenge and risk\reward factor of it.

Since scanning, for now, seems to be pretty simple, is there more depth to it, or am i gonna be chasing signals forever and getting the same sites everytime?

If it's gonna be the same, how do you mix it up?
What do you do in the game to get more income, while not being bored by the task?
.4 is low security space as far as I'm aware, so you may be careful around those parts. With scanning in particular the answer to your question is yes - the payout goes up quite a bit the more "dangerous" the area of space you're in. Low Security space will give you sites that pay out more than High Sec, and Null will pay out higher than Low. Risk/Reward is skewed to a degree that I'm honestly of the opinion that it's not even worth Scanning exploration sites outside of Null/WH space. Getting to these places can be fairly dangerous however with gate camps and the like, so where I tend to do most of my scanning is in Wormhole space.

In WH space you'll find sites as lucrative as Null security space but with the added danger of never really knowing if you're alone - so be sure to read up on Wormhole mechanics before diving in. If you're far enough from a trade hub you can find a fairly quiet hole to calmly do sites in, but you'll want to stay away from the ones with NPCs in them.

Mechanically it's about the same with the higher payout sites having more hurdles to jump through in general - you'll get nodes that weaken your power or buff the health of other nodes so it's a small twist to an equation you're probably already familiar with.

As for income I do a number of things -

Abyssal Deadspace - This is probably the most fun and interactive PvE content the developers have added to the game in recent memory. You need a cruiser class ship (or a group of frigates if you want to do it with friends) and an Abyssal Filament - it transports you into an instanced site where you can take on enemies all while being impacted by a randomly generated number of enemies, enemy layouts, and map effects. If you die or aren't able to finish the site within the timelimit you lose your ship and your pod. Practice with "Calm" level filaments first.

Exploration / Scanning (ie. what you're doing now)

Planetary Interaction which can be fun to optimize but is pretty passive in terms of ISK generation once you've set yourself up.
-- as an extension to PI, the materials I extract I then manufacture into Nanite Repair Paste

Gas Huffing - like mining but with Gas Extraction in Wormhole space. Much more lucrative ISK/Hr than normal mining

WH Combat Site Running with corp mates - only really viable in groups and with decent skills in a number of specific ships. Income generation is ridic. tho

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
.4 is low security space as far as I'm aware, so you may be careful around those parts. With scanning in particular the answer to your question is yes - the payout goes up quite a bit the more "dangerous" the area of space you're in. Low Security space will give you sites that pay out more than High Sec, and Null will pay out higher than Low. Risk/Reward is skewed to a degree that I'm honestly of the opinion that it's not even worth Scanning exploration sites outside of Null/WH space. Getting to these places can be fairly dangerous however with gate camps and the like, so where I tend to do most of my scanning is in Wormhole space.

In WH space you'll find sites as lucrative as Null security space but with the added danger of never really knowing if you're alone - so be sure to read up on Wormhole mechanics before diving in. If you're far enough from a trade hub you can find a fairly quiet hole to calmly do sites in, but you'll want to stay away from the ones with NPCs in them.

Mechanically it's about the same with the higher payout sites having more hurdles to jump through in general - you'll get nodes that weaken your power or buff the health of other nodes so it's a small twist to an equation you're probably already familiar with.

As for income I do a number of things -

Abyssal Deadspace - This is probably the most fun and interactive PvE content the developers have added to the game in recent memory. You need a cruiser class ship (or a group of frigates if you want to do it with friends) and an Abyssal Filament - it transports you into an instanced site where you can take on enemies all while being impacted by a randomly generated number of enemies, enemy layouts, and map effects. If you die or aren't able to finish the site within the timelimit you lose your ship and your pod. Practice with "Calm" level filaments first.

Exploration / Scanning (ie. what you're doing now)

Planetary Interaction which can be fun to optimize but is pretty passive in terms of ISK generation once you've set yourself up.
-- as an extension to PI, the materials I extract I then manufacture into Nanite Repair Paste

Gas Huffing - like mining but with Gas Extraction in Wormhole space. Much more lucrative ISK/Hr than normal mining

WH Combat Site Running with corp mates - only really viable in groups and with decent skills in a number of specific ships. Income generation is ridic. tho
Thanks for all the information and suggestions.
I'm gonna see where im at with my training once i resub, and then go from there.

Its a Shame none of my friends want to play as well. I rarely play with random folks online.
The game keeps getting better every time i revisit it.

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just got an email from the EVE people showing off "My Year in EVE" - very cool concept. It summarizes my experiences of my last year in EVE Online.
My Year in EVE

Thanks for all the information and suggestions.
I'm gonna see where im at with my training once i resub, and then go from there.

Its a Shame none of my friends want to play as well. I rarely play with random folks online.
The game keeps getting better every time i revisit it.
Hey no problem, I tend to wait for Omega sales to jump in but I may sub for a month after I finish my latest batch of homework. Definitely join a corp if you haven't already, playing with one is like night and day compared to playing without.