• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
So it looks like even more is leaking from that original iQue/BroadOn.

EdzD5H9WkAARDk5

unknown.png

I obviously will not link nor mention anywhere to get it. I just wanted to know what everyone here thinks of these leaks, and what you'd be expecting to see from it.

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm dreaming of:

- Super Mario World pre-SFC launch beta
- Dragonfly
- Mother 3 on N64 prototype ROM

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Man, these leaks will be the closest thing we're getting to first-party Nintendo news for like the next month

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh I wonder if we'll see that "Jack and Beans" game that eventually became Pokemon Snap?

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if those Ocarina files have the scraped Temples in them. I'd kill to see more info on the Light Temple. o:

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Header from a Mario 64 file:

Code:
@/********************************************************************************
                        Ultra 64 MARIO Brothers

game module

Copyright 1996 Nintendo co., ltd.  All rights reserved

June 24, 1996
 ********************************************************************************/

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
List of games:

1080 - 1080 Snowboarding
cba - Custom Robo
cba2 - Custom Robo 2
dm64 - Dr. Mario 64
forest - Animal Forest
mk64 - Mario Kart 64
wr64 - Wave Race 64
yoshi - Yoshi's Story
z_majora - Majora's Mask
z_ocarina - Ocarina of Time
z_ocarina2 - Ocarina of Time (Ura 64DD Expansion?)

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
lol, they actually got the Custom Robo games in there?

I really wish we could get stuff from Rare. Like finding a whole bunch of left over Dinosaur Planet data or something haha

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Wave Race is in there ? That's amazing. Maybe other dev will be able to code a proper water racer now in 2020

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
List of games:

1080 - 1080 Snowboarding
cba - Custom Robo
cba2 - Custom Robo 2
dm64 - Dr. Mario 64
forest - Animal Forest
mk64 - Mario Kart 64
wr64 - Wave Race 64
yoshi - Yoshi's Story
z_majora - Majora's Mask
z_ocarina - Ocarina of Time
z_ocarina2 - Ocarina of Time (Ura 64DD Expansion?)
Oh man, if we can see some of Ura Zelda after all this time...

Richardbro

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly at this point Nintendo should release and sell NES, SNES and N64 games on Steam and PC, because now that the source codes are out in the open, people can just port the games themselves. This would be a wise decision to at least make some good revenue for Nintendo.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I don't understand how these things leak. Like, how does this happen?

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
i2prc4u.png

Ocarina of Time source code might be hitting the web soon based on potentially BS anonymous screenshots.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly at this point Nintendo should release and sell NES, SNES and N64 games on Steam and PC, because now that the source codes are out in the open, people can just port the games themselves. This would be a wise decision to at least make some good revenue for Nintendo.

Nintendo games have been emulated for 25 years. I don't think this will affect their decisions a bit (but I'd love to be wrong).

I'm more amazed that this isn't the norm and we don't have source codes for the majority of console games ever made.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Nintendo games have been emulated for 25 years. I don't think this will affect their decisions a bit (but I'd love to be wrong).

I'm more amazed that this isn't the norm and we don't have source codes for the majority of console games ever made.
It's kinda crazy though no? I haven't the slightest clue how they would get it.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
As I understand it it was a single large hack of an iQue database that Nintendo shared with the Chinese branch. The data they shared included a lot of stuff that iQue didn't really need, like a bunch of old SNES stuff.

One of the people involved in the hack has been slowly releasing bits of it over the last few months on 4chan.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Well somene hacked iQue/BroadOn and well this is the result of that.
As I understand it it was a single large hack of an iQue database that Nintendo shared with the Chinese branch. The data they shared included a lot of stuff that iQue didn't really need, like a bunch of old SNES stuff.

One of the people involved in the hack has been slowly releasing bits of it over the last few months on 4chan.
Ah ok, that's crazy. Thanks for the info :)

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
So whats gonna happen from this

Source Code for any game means it can be recompiled or modified to an astronomically easier degree - native porting would be the first thing you can expect (meaning you wouldn't require to run both an emulator and the ROM to play it on another device).

Also, assuming these are not all final code, it could include removed or modified assets such as enemies, voice clips, items, maps etc. It can help get a better look at what could have been.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
I'm really happy that Nintendo seems to take archiving seriously. Yesterday's leak even had backed up employee emails from the late 1980s.

Meanwhile Square basically started wiping the FF7 development PCs the second the game went gold.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Guys, do you know that this is probably ransoware, right? That nintendo probably refused to pay, right?