• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Following my recent update in my BC analysis thread, I thought this milestone deserved its own thread. With the addition of Trials Evolution to the BC library today I have come to the conclusion that every* 90+ Metacritic rated Xbox 360 game is now playable on Xbox One with Backwards Compatiblity. Lets break it down real quick.

53 Xbox 360 games with 90+ Rating

36 games are BC

Grand Theft Auto IV
BioShock
The Orange Box
Mass Effect 2
Red Dead Redemption
Portal 2
Gears of War
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Halo 3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
BioShock Infinite
Braid
Street Fighter IV
Fallout 3
Gears of War 2
Mass Effect 3
The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series
Super Street Fighter IV
Halo: Reach
Mass Effect
Gears of War 3
Far Cry 3
Assassin's Creed II
Bayonetta
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Trials Evolution
Portal: Still Alive
LIMBO
Super Meat Boy
Dead Space 2
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Rayman Legends
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

6 games got native Xbox One remasters/ports

Grand Theft Auto V
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Batman: Arkham City
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Dark Souls II
Mark of the Ninja

11 games are peripheral based or require too much licensing for BC

Rock Band 3
Guitar Hero II
Rock Band
Forza Motorsport 3
Rock Band 2
Forza Motorsport 4
FIFA Soccer 12
FIFA Soccer 10
Forza Motorsport 2
FIFA Soccer 13
NBA 2K12

Lets give a big shoutout and praise to the BC team at Microsoft for this amazing achievement! For more interesting facts and stats check out my thread mentioned above.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
and yet there's no Muchi Muchi Pork, the best Xbox 360 game 🤔🤔🤔

I really hope some of the good JP-only releases get support.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Hats off to MS for making it possible. Would love it if my PS4 had backwards compatibility.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where is Mortal Kombat 9?

Yes I know it was like an 87-89 Metacritic. But still -- where is it?

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
... Do I say DAMN YOU METACRITIC or THANK YOU METACRITIC???

I guess Metacritic is the selection process so far. :o

Bojanglez

Oct 27, 2017
They're doing a great job with BC, long may it continue and hopefully shame others into opening up their back catalogues to their fans.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When they announced backwards compatibility, my immediate reaction was "AWESOME! I can play Dance Central and Rock Band 3 on my Xbox One!"

I learned quickly that the feature would never be for me.

As Rock Band 3 is my fifth favorite game of all time, that asterisk is a giant one for me :(

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Hmm, now I just need time to play those games. I barely have time to play new games like The Division 2 or FH4.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Xbox 360 has an incredible library, and I love that I can play it on the Xbox One and future Xbox consoles.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Have to give credit where credit is due. The Xbox one really is fantastic for backwards compatibility. Only reason I'm keeping mine nowadays for Conket and other Xbox games

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
The only game I want from BC features the song 'Birthday Cake' and it ain't listed.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
You won't please me with your elitism, microsoft.
Power to the lower class, give me 50-59 or give me death

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
I have absolutely not being paying attention. Can my digital xbox 360 library be played on an xbox one?

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One of the reasons I've switched to digital is XBO BC. The software folks at MS are wizards and I wish them the best for their work so far. Keep on going, team!

I have absolutely not being paying attention. Can my digital xbox 360 library be played on an xbox one?
If you own a digital copy of a BC game, then yes. You download it to your Xbox One and it starts up a 360 emulator which does all the 360 functionality and more. Just go to My Games & Apps, looking for "Available to Download" or some category like that, and all your BC digital games should be there for you to download.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Sure can. Both digital games and discs. If they're already in your account then they'll be in your 'Ready to Install' list on the console already. Or you can pop in a disc if you have it. If you don't own them you can buy every BC game* in the Xbox Store from your Xbox One or go buy a second hand disc.

*almost every. A few have been delisted from the store, usually due to license issues. Forza Horizon, Trials Evo... probably a few others. Get a disc in this case.

Last edited:

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I keep waiting for them to go nuts and start releasing a ton more original Xbox backwards compatibility. I just spent $30 on an original Xbox HD AV Pack and $90 on an OSSC just for the purpose of getting the best picture out of my original Xbox library.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Someone explain, since I've yet to pick up an Xbox One: If I have a physical version of any of the games in the top list, and slap that in an XBO, it'll work just fine? Or is this a digital-only situation?

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wow! That's incredible! You should tweet that to Phil Spencer or Major Nelson. I'm sure it would be really good buzz for their brand.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
and yet there's no Muchi Muchi Pork, the best Xbox 360 game 🤔🤔🤔

I really hope some of the good JP-only releases get support.

You meant Mushi Futari 1.5.

But it's more like there no Cave games at all besides Guwange.

MPP/PS is still on my top5 STG releases last gen

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
I know most dont like it, But I REALLY enjoyed brute force and those desert storm games, local multiplayer with my bro.