• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phediuk

Oct 27, 2017
Here are all the trailers shown at the Ubisoft, Square Enix, Microsoft, Capcom, and Nintendo events, ranked by the number of views they have on Youtube. In every instance, I have chosen whichever upload has the most views.

Battlefield 2042 - 7m
Riders Republic - 5.8m
Starfield - 5.3m
Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 4.5m
Forza Horizon 5 - 3.1m
Elden Ring - 2.9m
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - 2.8m
Sea of Thieves: A Pirate's Life - 1.6m
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl - 1.4m
Rainbow Six: Extraction - 1.3m
Halo Infinite (game overview) - 1.2m
Halo Infinite (multiplayer) - 1.2m
Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope - 1.2m
Marvel's Avengers Expansion: Black Panther - War for Wakanda - 991k
Metroid Dread - 964k
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - 769k
The Outer Worlds 2 - 755k
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - The Iron Fist of Darkness - 585k
Microsoft Flight Simulator - 495k
WarioWare: Get It Together! - 485k
Among Us 15 Player Lobbies - 461k
Mario Party Superstars - 431k
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - 386k
Atomic Heart - 382k
Replaced - 372k
Age of Empires IV - 366k
Far Cry 6 (season pass) - 361k
Shin Megami Tensei V - 341k
Back 4 Blood - 328k
Far Cry 6 (cinematic trailer) - 293k
Diablo II Resurrected - 266k
Assassin's Creed: Valhalla expansions - 253k
Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water - 238k
A Plague Tale: Requiem - 220k
Slime Rancher 2 - 238k
Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster - 236k
Redfall - 211k
Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda - 205k
Worms Rumble - 190k
Danganronpa Decadence - 180k
Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp - 176k
Babylon's Fall - 162k
Grounded: The Shroom and Doom Update - 159k
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania - 153k
Somerville - 151k
Party Animals - 142k
Contraband - 137k
Twelve Minutes - 137k
Psychonauts 2 - 131k
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - 129k
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes - 125k
The Ascent - 106k
Mario Golf: Super Rush - 87k
Shredders - 87k
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot - 84k
Just Dance 2022 - 82k
Life is Strange: True Colors - 82k
Fallout 76: Expeditions - 76k
Monster Hunter: Rise Ver 3.1 - 73k
Life is Strange Remastered Collection - 71k
Hades - 63k
Strange Brigade - 58k
Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods - 55k
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 - 44k
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin - 37k
Rocksmith Plus - 35k
Yakuza: Like a Dragon - 30k
Resident Evil 8 Village DLC - 7k

Discuss.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Considering how much of a meme Final Fantasy Origin has already become I would imagine it's got a lot more views than that across all channels.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please watch Metroid Dread and Shin Megami Tensei V's trailers some more.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
Interesting. Although given the length of E3, it's probably more useful to wait and look at these numbers, so you're not comparing trailers that came out yesterday to stuff that came out last week.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
BotW 2 +3m in less than a day. Big.

Would be fairer to wait until E3 is over though since the ones that were shown very early have much more days compared to the later events.

ragolliangatan

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Aug 31, 2019
BOTW2 being at 3m in less than 24 hours is impressive.

It's really cool that the BF2042 trailer has been viewed so many times.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Considering how much of a meme Final Fantasy Origin has already become I would imagine it's got a lot more views than that across all channels.

I think if the game was called Final Fantasy Origin it's view count would be higher. Stranger in Paradise is likely gonna get a skip from someone more casual who doesn't realize it's a FF game.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
what's the point in pretending there is any difference between E3 and SGF when every event was digital?

Sep 7, 2020
Battlefield's trailer was amazing. Rider's Republic was an awesome just play and relax type of game, at least that is the vibe I got from the trailer. I am alittle surprised that Guardians of the Galaxy isn't higher off of just IP.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I did not expect that the Battlefield thirst was this huge, but it's good to see.
People have been clamoring for a modern / near-future Battlefield for a very long time since BF4. With COD / Warzone constantly making their product worse, there's a significant number of players looking to either 1.) try Battlefield or 2.) return to Battlefield. I'm not saying that Battlefield will become the market leader by any means, but the hype for the next game is extremely high. There are going to be a lot of new players and a lot of returning veterans.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw that Danganronpa Switch trailer. Never heard of that 4th game, Decadence. Bought all 3 main games on Vita and PS4. If the Switch physical contains all games for $60 at most, that'll be a triple dip.

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
This list shows a very incomplete picture because it dosen't include trailers uploaded on other languages channels or social media platforms.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Suprising Monster Hunter Stories 2 is so low at 31k. I thought the first game was popular.

xpownz

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Feb 13, 2020
The sad part of Riders Republic is to be made by Ubisoft, which usually means the game has garbage service in it.
Game looks fun, tho!

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
i would wait 2 or 3 days, so that it normalizes, as it stands nintendo trailers will grow faster since they are still younger than 24 hours.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
It's not a fair comparison, given that some trailers were just uploaded yesterday and others were uploaded on Saturday.

And of course there are other factors to ponder, like the number of subscribers or the having the same trailer uploaded to multiple channels which could potentially fraction the numbers of views on the main channel.

But I understand this serves as a discussion point.

And btw, great job in doing this ranked list and even linking each game. đź‘Ť

vrcsix

Oct 29, 2017
Just saw that Danganronpa Switch trailer. Never heard of that 4th game, Decadence. Bought all 3 main games on Vita and PS4. If the Switch physical contains all games for $60 at most, that'll be a triple dip.

Decadence is the name of the collection. The fourth game is Danganronpa S: Ultimate Summer Camp. That's the one that is based on the board game from V3.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
If you're able, I advise to do a views-to-like/dislike/comment ratio percentage.

Reason for that is that ads can artificially inflate trailer views.

For example, Battlefield trailer has 475k likes and 36k comments.
While Riders Republic only has 1.9k likes and 256 comments.

A huge disparity in metrics that demonstrate actual second layer engagement.

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
okay. I'm not pretending this thread is anything other than what it is.
I'm not calling you out or anything. Just wanted to point this out because some people use numbers like these for console warrior stuff. But I've no problem with you making this thread :)

Last edited:
OP
OP

Phediuk

Oct 27, 2017
If you're able, I advise to do a views-to-like/dislike/comment ratio percentage.

Reason for that is that ads can artificially inflate trailer views.

For example, Battlefield trailer has 475k likes and 36k comments.
While Riders Republic only has 1.9k likes and 256 comments.

A huge disparity in metrics that demonstrate actual second layer engagement.

Batttlefield wins by a wide margin regardless of the metric.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This list shows a very incomplete picture because it dosen't include trailers uploaded on other languages channels or social media platforms.
i think maybe doing combined views of the top 5 highest-viewed uploads for each trailer would be better, but i can see why that would be too much work.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Batttlefield wins by a wide margin regardless of the metric.

I know - it's a very annoying ask ( since I used to do it in previous years ) - but it helps to highlight what games are enjoying higher-than-average engagement ( high likes and comments, driving high excitement in the YT community ) vs the average-levels of engagement vs low engagement.

OP
OP

Phediuk

Oct 27, 2017
i think maybe doing a combined view of the top 5 highest-viewed uploads for each trailer would be better, but i can see why that would be too much work.

that's an order of magnitude more work for something would produce a very similar result, but hey, if you want to do it, go for it.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
that's an order of magnitude more work for something would produce a very similar result, but hey, if you want to do it, go for it.

From experience, very few games ( maybe 4-7 games a year ) actually benefit from layering multiple trailer views to get the full picture.

Last year, to my knowledge, Assassin's Creed Valhalla is the only game where if you only took the no.1 most viewed trailer, it only captured a relatively small amount of the total views, because the reveal of Valhalla was very high engagement a dozens of channel or more.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Wouldn't a better comparison be the first 24 hours for each trailer?
Or at least, the same time frame

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Only 2.4m for Elden Ring (ohhh, elden ring)?
Gamers have no taste.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, thanks for compiling the list for me to check out, could do without the epeen view numbers.