• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Umm but Trump is anti-gay so yeah. Doesn't matter if its organized or not

So you are saying Apple, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Google, Microsoft are no worse than Chick-Fil-A because they all cozy up to the current government. (And they kind of have to since they are publicly traded).

This is horse shit. People who are aware of the proud anti-gay funding by Chick-Fil-A and still shop there should feel ashamed.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
So now that there's a rumor that CFA is going to stop donating to anti-gay orgs can we expect a deluge of CFA boosting threads?

Also glad to see all the whataboutism already. It's like a warm blanket at this point.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
This is like the PR cops get about helping out a kid at a lemonade stand or helping an old lady across the street.

I don't give a shit about any of the things they do when they turn around and try to oppress the LGBT community. They could pay me to show up and eat sandwiches and I would still feel this way. Anyone condoning this bullshit for any reason may as well make a thread about how they don't give a shit about LGBT people, at least then I wouldn't have to read paragraphs of fucking PR.

Nov 17, 2017
This reads like an ad.

You ever see one of those commercials that tries to portray a regular social moment with actors who explain to their friend how amazing the product or company is? And you think "people don't talk like this."

that's the vibe I'm getting from this thread haha

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok this thread is not trying to advertise or tell people to "GOTO CHIK FIL A BECAUSE IT RULLLLLES!" It's about discussing what level of service they've reach that's far above most other fast food places, and why it hasn't been adopted by others in the industry. Or what would happen if they did. As a fast food junkie I REALLY wish other places would pick up on this shit.

Oct 28, 2017
McDonald's service is so bad that I really don't know how they are going to survive the next 20 years unless they find a way to fully automate 90%+ of their entire operation.

This isn't some isolated observation of my local McDonalds. This is observation based on going to dozens and dozens of McDonalds over a 15 yr period all over the Midwest and south.

Service is their Achilles heel and they've got to find a way to improve it.

Edit: and to the OP. This thread was never going to be about the discussion of Chik fil A operations vs their competitors. Not here on this forum.

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Portillos in Chicago has had the same service for decades. Their drive through lanes will be 50 cars deep and you will be out in minutes. Having people walk up to the car to take the order ASAP just makes sense, as long as the kitchen can keep up.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
McDonald's service is so bad that I really don't know how they are going to survive the next 20 years unless they find a way to fully automate 90%+ of their entire operation.

This isn't some isolated observation of my local McDonalds. This is observation based on going to dozens and dozens of McDonalds over a 15 yr period all over the Midwest and south.

Service is their Achilles heel and they've got to find a way to improve it.

I've noticed that McDonalds aren't nearly crowded as they used to be and on the rare occasion that I'm in one, it's not families anymore that are there. Just loner adults or a couple of blue-collar workers. And I watched a news segment saying that Gen Z is rejecting McDonalds which wouldn't surprise me since I can't remember the last time seeing late teens/early 20's being there.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly.

Get the fuck out of here with your shit OP. You support them.

Like in that SAME sentence I say I go there sometimes. Like wtf, in no way am I denying that. I just said not an avid supporter. I go there like a few times a year. Every time I wish I could get their service at other places.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like in that SAME sentence I say I go there sometimes. Like wtf, in no way am I denying that. I just said not an avid supporter. I go there like a few times a year. Every time I wish I could get their service at other places.

Dude, you're giving money to a company who supports anti-gay causes with profits from their chicken. If you're alright with supporting that a few times a year, you do you. But you're still supporting that bullshit, you don't get a pat on the back for not going more than a few times a year. And you sure as shit aren't an ally.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
Always amazed when reading about American 'Drive-Thru' practices.

Seems like quite a lot of Americans eat and drive too? Mad stuff. Obviously there are Drive-Thru's around the world, but just not on the same level.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
The one time I had bad service I was shocked. The quality of the service can't be debated.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dude, you're giving money to a company who supports anti-gay causes with profits from their chicken. If you're alright with supporting that a few times a year, you do you. But you're still supporting that bullshit, you don't get a pat on the back for not going more than a few times a year. And you sure as shit aren't an ally.

I'm not asking for any of that. I'm just being honest about my connection with the obviously controversial place so I can discuss their service. And don't want to be told multiple times that I'm straight lying about my support when I'm not. But if I'm still to be labeled as a POS then so be it.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a little insane their service is better than a lot of sitdown restaurants. Do they pay min wage?

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not asking for any of that. I'm just being honest about my connection with the obviously controversial place so I can discuss their service. And don't want to be told multiple times that I'm straight lying about my support when I'm not. But if I'm still to be labeled as a POS then so be it.
That's how my gay daughters feel when they eat there and someone wants to say they are pos. They'll shrug and take big 'ol bite out of that chicken sammich.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing how theres rumors that CFA might stop being ignorant assholes and the CFA stans tripping over themselves to praise them.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Cant say customer service has ever been a deciding factor in deciding which window I want food to be handed to me through.

I can get chicken somewhere else.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I drive by the location near me, they have double lines wrapped around the building, spilling out into the street. Often times disrupting cross traffic. I don't care if I get through that line in 15 minutes, I ain't doing that shit.

turbobutts

Oct 25, 2017
you're allowed to occasionally eat at the problematic chicken restaurant and still be a good person

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I eat ChickFila weekly. My kids love it. Yes, the service and speed is unmatched! Not only that, food comes out hot and everything it's always in the bag when I do drive-thru. I don't know how they do it.

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
service is great, they seem like they actually enjoy their job. Publix is similar, their employees seem to care about their jobs. Usually happy employees results in good customer service.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
3USgt2g.gif

painey

Oct 27, 2017
I find their attitudes all a little bit creepy, especially when they "how can I serve you today?" me when I am about to order. But there is no question their service is far and beyond anything in fast food. They are top tier by far. I wish they sold burgers because I rarely ever feel like eating chicken.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
you're allowed to occasionally eat at the problematic chicken restaurant and still be a good person

hqdefault.jpg

/s

But seriously, it's okay to enjoy problematic things. Just don't sugarcoat the problem when trying to explain your position. Some people have a hard stance that other people don't and that's fine. I believe that OP knew what was going to happen, but just wanted to have a positive discourse about their customer service. I don't see an issue with that and that alone.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I havent had CFA in a few years but I do remember their service was top of the line. The company is shitty morally sure, but them being assholes doesn't mean that you can't say their service is good when it actually is. Shitty people are also good at stuff sometimes, not that you'd see me at a CFA anytime soon (also the closest CFA from SF is like 30-40 miles away or something).

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It helps that their menu is basic, and their food is basic as well. Their Chicken Sandwich is "pickles only", all their sauces are separate items the customer puts on, etc.
At a McDonalds, you are going to have someone ordering "Cheeseburger but no mustard or onions", "Chicken sandwich but swap the mayo for ketchup", which takes a lot longer for the employee to key into the computer, often takes longer for the customer to say cause they are trying to remember all the different things they want and runs the biggest risk of getting fucked up by the line crew rushing to make food as quickly as possible

This is kinda true, didn't really consider this. As a stupidly picky eater myself, a lot of my orders can go like this. Especially at like Taco Bell.

But still, having the people with the tablets right at your car really helps. Lot of people will still order pretty complex orders at CFA, but the person is just able to tap along and work with the customer on it. As long as the app they give their employees was slick enough, it shouldn't be impossible to manage.

Butttt yeah there would just be generally more room for error. They'd need to have some more efficient plans for customers losses off about incorrect orders. Still think it would be worth it though.

Oct 30, 2017
Every time I drive by the location near me, they have double lines wrapped around the building, spilling out into the street. Often times disrupting cross traffic. I don't care if I get through that line in 15 minutes, I ain't doing that shit.

It's much easier to place a mobile order, drive over, park, walk inside, skip the line, and leave.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Service at Chick-fil-a honestly kind of creeps me out. Like the workers have been beaten into working like robots and telling me what a pleasure it is to serve me today. I kind of prefer showing up at a McDonalds or whatever where yeah the workers may be slow, but I don't feel like I'm party to ripping their souls out of their bodies in quite the same way. I get the same feeling at In-N-Out, with the added insult of making them wear the uniform with the ridiculous novelty safety pin in the back.

Also, fuck Chick-fil-a, for all the usual reasons.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I am howling at this thread lol. Imagine if anyone tried to praise a company that donated to anti-POC orgs and the like. Imagine how that would go " well yes I know they donate to places that dislike minorities BUT THE SERVICE".

Once again LGBT gets shrugged off, what a joke of a thread

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, it's consistently an excellent experience there, with people who don't seem miserable or they even seem like they don't hate their existence. Their crowd management is great, and I rarely wait longer than a few minutes for my food to come out.

Oct 25, 2017
I am howling at this thread lol. Imagine if anyone tried to praise a company that donated to anti-POC orgs and the like. Imagine how that would go " well yes I know they donate to places that dislike minorities BUT THE SERVICE".

Once again LGBT gets shrugged off, what a joke of a thread

not eating at Chik FIl A is such an easy form of protest, it requires almost no effort on peoples part. But yet here we are

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They actually hire enough staff and pay enough to be able to properly staff. That's really it. Almost every other ff restaurant runs on a skeleton crew 24/7 and it shows. For a less bigoted quality ff experience I recommend Cook Out or Rush's. Both of whom properly staff as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.