• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IBLiSTRiGGER

Jun 7, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
the one thing I'll never get about this forum is how black and white people see things.

i'm an irredeemable piece of shit because I eat a sandwich? lol okay. Guess the hundreds of community service hours I've put in within the last year have all been scraped away because I decided to stop by the nearest fast food joint. Unless you live off the grid (and thus shouldn't even be posting here) there's like a 90% chance you do business with a company involved in shit practices.

Goldman Sachs
JPMorgan Chase
ExxonMobile
DuPont
Bayer
Microsoft
Google
Facebook
Amazon
Walmart

McDonalds
Apple
Nestle

if you own any products or do any type of business with the above companies kindly see yourself at the gate for the 'hypocrite badge' you've been awarded. we meet every Tuesday.

disentangling yourself from monopoly moguls like amazon, apple, and walmart, who nearly dictate our day to day life, is a lot more difficult than NOT EATING A FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICH.

like i promise you, there's at least one other local fried chicken place in your area. i promise.

Oct 25, 2017
the one thing I'll never get about this forum is how black and white people see things.

i'm an irredeemable piece of shit because I eat a sandwich? lol okay. Guess the hundreds of community service hours I've put in within the last year have all been scraped away because I decided to stop by the nearest fast food joint. Unless you live off the grid (and thus shouldn't even be posting here) there's like a 90% chance you do business with a company involved in shit practices.

Goldman Sachs
JPMorgan Chase
ExxonMobile
DuPont
Bayer
Microsoft
Google
Facebook
Amazon
Walmart

McDonalds
Apple
Nestle

if you own any products or do any type of business with the above companies kindly see yourself at the gate for the 'hypocrite badge' you've been awarded. we meet every Tuesday.

are any of those companies for the active oppression of a group of people?

I am not pointing fingers at anyone for eating there, but personally, I can't support them and I do actively try to avoid companies with shitty practices in general.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I eat there sometimes, I'll be honest. And yes, their customer service is fantastic. The reason I occasionally go there is the lack of cheap, fast-food choices in my area. I don't want to eat beef for various reasons, so I'm looking for mostly a good chicken sandwich when it comes to fast food and CFA is the best at that. However, a new Smoothie store just opened in my area that sells Buffalo Chicken Wraps so I may have found a replacement. The only thing that sucks is that they are more expensive.

The way I justify eating at CFA is simple, Gay Marriage is legal. They can donate to whatever hate group they want, they can't change this fact.

Oct 25, 2017
The local franchise here is owned by a prominent lesbian couple.

So LGBTQ+ folks even own CFAs.

and certain minority people have benefited from trump's policies. doesn't make supporting him any less a fucking stain on your character

fuck is with this embarrassing apologist bullshit. Could people be any more of a tool?

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
efficient? have you seen how backed up they drives thrus be? Im guessing you've been to a few where its not as busy but most of the ones in SoCal fare far worse than Mc donalds drive thru...In N Out is a bit better cuz they tend to be ergonomically placed in big parking lots so if theres a line, just park, and go inside to order
The thing is around here all of the fast food places are starting to get like that. I spent over 5 minutes in the McDonald's drivethru yesterday trying to get some hotcakes and a couple of coffees. It was over 15 minutes the last time I went through the Whataburger drivethru, and they do split you into two lines. Both of those were app orders too, but I took the chance so I wouldn't have to get out of the car and lost.

Chick-fil-A's advantage is they don't cook to order. Most times if you go inside, there's very little wait for the food.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
It's so good. Canes is by far the #1 "hangout" fast-food place in Louisiana. I see millennials and gen z friend groups everywhere in Canes. People out-of-state think Louisianans are stan-ing Popeyes lol. Nah we way past that. Everyone else living in 2010. And that Canes sauce omg
They are expanding quite a bit. I think they popped up in Vegas first, but now they have them in Southern California.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
To all the anti-chick fil a people here, I have a legitimate, totally serious question I want to ask.

What do you think of people who are LGBTQ, that still eat at Chick Fil A? Ranging from every now and then to every week. Do they get a pass? Are they traitors?

I'm honestly curious because just from my anecdotal life experiences I know more gay people who like Chick Fil A vs those 100% against eating there. I have no idea what the actual distribution would be. I had one friend tell me he thought it was hypocritical for some people to be so against chick fil a and anyone who eats there to turn a blind eye toward the many human rights abuses involved in making other products they consume.
I'm not sure, not something I've encountered with any of my LGBTQ coworkers. There have been multiple promenent homosexuals that have worked directly to hurt LGBTQ people. Dick Cheney's daughter, and Milo Yiannopoulos both come to mind. Hell, Milo's also a Jewish guy who worked with Nazis. I don't know why some people give money to groups that considers them sub-human.

That argument though is pretty lazy. It's not hypocrisy because you can't 100% disengage with society. There are certain very simple, extremely easy, decisions you can make though to contribute less to harming others. Not eating at one specific fast food chain is one of them.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I don't know what that is so I don't know the reference, can you break it down a different way?

Sorry.

In the show "The Good Place" there's a system where people get into "heaven" or get sent to "hell" based on some calculation of their morality, which is a common enough concept.

In a later season (spoilers for the show, if you'll never watch it go right ahead)
we find out that nobody for hundreds of years has made it into the "good place" because there's absolutely no way to consume anything in the world or even live in the world and be moral or ethical. Everything is intertwined so the act of buying a piece of fruit today has so many more ethical ramifications than it did a thousand years ago. There's a man who basically has tried to live a perfectly ethical life, never stepping on bugs, etc., and he has negative points.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA

Goldman Sachs
JPMorgan Chase
ExxonMobile
DuPont
Bayer
Microsoft
Google
Facebook
Amazon
Walmart

McDonalds
Apple
Nestle

Trash whataboutism. You have plenty of choices in food and this company deserves no attention.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I mean can people at least deal with the fact that eating there is kinda shitty if you can get a chicken sandwich someplace else or is even that too much to ask lol

Can you just sit there with that for a minute without justifying it away.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
They are expanding quite a bit. I think they popped up in Vegas first, but now they have them in Southern California.
Yeah they've been hitting Texas pretty hard too. They have taken over Louisiana for sure though and its well deserved. I feel bad that people out-of-state are buying lesser chicken from Popeyes and paying more for it.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory community generalizations and antagonizing other users

Goldman Sachs
JPMorgan Chase
ExxonMobile
DuPont
Bayer
Microsoft
Google
Facebook
Amazon
Walmart

McDonalds
Apple
Nestle

The hypocrisy is off the scale at times. But its so ingrained in this forum now that its a feature. So just learn to ignore it. Discuss what you are going to discuss, then leave the thread and let the self righteous circle jerk in peace for a page or two alone before the thread dies. Its the natural order of things now. Keep actively and ACTUALLY contributing IRL like you have been man. Know deep down that you are truly doing more than 99% of the keyboard warriors that have something clever to say about your character despite knowing fuck all about you.

This is fucking hilarious.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Their food and customer service are good, yes. That all I can really say good about them though.

Popeyes could learn a thing or two from them about customer service.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
BTW, though I haven't been to Chik-Fil-A for a long time, I liked their milkshakes best among the fast food joints. The service was excellent too. Like the McRib though, I will never understand the fast food obsession. It's a decent sandwich, but some of you seem absolutely orgasmic over it.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The hypocrisy is off the scale at times. But its so ingrained in this forum now that its a feature. So just learn to ignore it. Discuss what you are going to discuss, then leave the thread and let the self righteous circle jerk in peace for a page or two alone before the thread dies. Its the natural order of things now. Keep actively and ACTUALLY contributing IRL like you have been man. Know deep down that you are truly doing more than 99% of the keyboard warriors that have something clever to say about your character despite knowing fuck all about you.

This is fucking hilarious.
you don't have to go to the chicken place.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
One yike

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
I mean can people at least deal with the fact that eating there is kinda shitty if you can get a chicken sandwich someplace else or is even that too much to ask lol

Can you just sit there with that for a minute without justifying it away.

I've actually sat with it for much longer than a minute - it was a whole debate among a circle of friends. The take away was "just do your best to be a good person and an occasional sandwich isn't going to condemn you".

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Being black is legal but cops are still shooting people

Yes, this is sound logic. In related news, it's a good thing we elected Barack Obama president in 2008 because that totally ended racism forever =\

This is a false equivalence and pretty insulting. Cops can violate the law on a whim and murder innocent people with zero consequence. Can CFA or their addiliated organizations stop a gay person from getting married? Can they do that? Please, tell me where they've been able to achieve this. Because, it makes national news when a court clerk refuses to give out a marriage certificate between gay indviduals.

But they still fund the torture of gay kids and every time you eat there, you help that happen.

To be fair they have also donated to "gay-conversion" people, it's not all about marriage.

That's a separate issue and more concerning, that being the funding of gay conversion therapy centers. You can't really justify that and research shows the practice is still legal in most states. Of course one would have to define what "conversion therapy" is, but it's still seems to be on the books. And, support of any such centers is unconscionable. The only rationalizing I could make is that CFA can't force parents to take their kids to such places. Ir's the individual parents that are responsible for torturing their kids. Still, if the torture centers are primarily funded by CFA then one could argue the parents couldn't take them to such places without CFA dollars. And, if CFA is lobbying to keep laws banning them off the books then they are doubly responsible.

It's a situation worth considering.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a "self righteous circle jerk" to suggest that choosing a fired chicken sandwich over the rights and safety of gay people is maybe not the best choice?

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Sorry.

In the show "The Good Place" there's a system where people get into "heaven" or get sent to "hell" based on some calculation of their morality, which is a common enough concept.

In a later season (spoilers for the show, if you'll never watch it go right ahead)
we find out that nobody for hundreds of years has made it into the "good place" because there's absolutely no way to consume anything in the world or even live in the world and be moral or ethical. Everything is intertwined so the act of buying a piece of fruit today has so many more ethical ramifications than it did a thousand years ago. There's a man who basically has tried to live a perfectly ethical life, never stepping on bugs, etc., and he has negative points.
So are you saying the forum is like a purity test nobody can meet? I don't think that's the case.

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
I really really dislike their fake niceness and the gratuitous "Have a blessed day!" it makes me cringe. Jesus Chicken isnt worth it.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I eat there sometimes, I'll be honest. And yes, their customer service is fantastic. The reason I occasionally go there is the lack of cheap, fast-food choices in my area. I don't want to eat beef for various reasons, so I'm looking for mostly a good chicken sandwich when it comes to fast food and CFA is the best at that. However, a new Smoothie store just opened in my area that sells Buffalo Chicken Wraps so I may have found a replacement. The only thing that sucks is that they are more expensive.

The way I justify eating at CFA is simple, Gay Marriage is legal. They can donate to whatever hate group they want, they can't change this fact.
Lol what an ignorant take. They donate to global organizations that have funded torture conversion therapy globally. Gay marriage isn't legal everywhere they donate to. Frankly just because something is law here, doesn't mean all is well. They still get away with supporting discrimination against gay people on religious freedom grounds in other organizations and support hateful figures. That's wrong.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
This is a false equivalence and pretty insulting. Cops can violate the law on a whim and murder innocent people with zero consequence. Can CFA or their addiliated organizations stop a gay person from getting married? Can they do that? Please, tell me where they've been able to achieve this. Because, it makes national news when a court clerk refuses to give out a marriage certificate between gay indviduals.

On what planet do you live where "right to marry" is the gold standard of equality? Yeah, gay people can get married now and that's an important and big step. They're still being persecuted, vilified, assaulted, and actively oppressed on a daily basis. The idea that everything's okay on this front now because gay marriage is legal is what's really fucking insulting, here.

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Goldman Sachs
JPMorgan Chase
ExxonMobile
DuPont
Bayer
Microsoft
Google
Facebook
Amazon
Walmart

McDonalds
Apple
Nestle

It takes extremely minimal effort to avoid eating at the chicken store. There are a dozen chicken stores a stone's throw away if you absolutely need chicken. All those companies you listed are much harder to avoid or provide more utility than being just a chicken store.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What would be unfair about it exactly?

I guess to me its they decide to have this one guilty pleasure. They grew up around it and ate it before they ever knew about any donations.

They are otherwise very supportive of the community, aligned politically, some even do some activist work.

They just don't care and it feels weird for me as a straight dude to tell them they can't eat here. I understand if they maybe receive pressure from others in the community but to me as an outside observer it feels like a liberal shopping at walmart for savings/convenience or choosing to ignore all the problematic issues that stem from companies that manufacture other products.

The other thing I wrestle with is that the majority of my LGBT friends are indifferent about eating at Chick Fil A. Honestly right now I can only think of one who I know for sure refuses to eat there. And come to think of it, he's vegetarian, so it seems like an easy decision to make lol.

I don't know if my anecdotal experience is an outlier or common. I understand there are gay republicans and black trump supporters but they seem incredibly more rare than gay chick fil a eaters.

Goldman Sachs
JPMorgan Chase
ExxonMobile
DuPont
Bayer
Microsoft
Google
Facebook
Amazon
Walmart

McDonalds
Apple
Nestle

I also feel this.

I understand the people that say that its hard to avoid dealing with problematic aspects of society but its easy to find an alternative to a homophobic fast food restaurant.

But I'd still argue that something like finding an alternative to nestle drinks or walmart is about the same burden of difficulty as finding an alternative to chick fil A.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I've actually sat with it for much longer than a minute - it was a whole debate among a circle of friends. The take away was "just do your best to be a good person and an occasional sandwich isn't going to condemn you".

I'm not trying to condemn anyone. Personally, I don't think it makes you a bad person. I'm saying the act itself, deciding you have to get your fast food chicken sandwich, occasionally or otherwise, from this specific place is kinda shitty. Do we agree it's kinda shitty?

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess to me its they decide to have this one guilty pleasure. They grew up around it and ate it before they ever knew about any donations.

They are otherwise very supportive of the community, aligned politically, some even do some activist work.

They just don't care and it feels weird for me as a straight dude to tell them they can't eat here. I understand if they maybe receive pressure from others in the community but to me as an outside observer it feels like a liberal shopping at walmart for savings/convenience or choosing to ignore all the problematic issues that stem from companies that manufacture other products.

The other thing I wrestle with is that the majority of my LGBT friends are indifferent about eating at Chick Fil A. Honestly right now I can only think of one who I know for sure refuses to eat there. And come to think of it, he's vegetarian, so it seems like an easy decision to make lol.

I don't know if my anecdotal experience is an outlier or common. I understand there are gay republicans and black trump supporters but they seem incredibly more rare than gay chick fil a eaters.
"I grew up with it" is often how we get Republicans. Nostalgia and tradition is a pretty rotten justification for giving money to an organization that supports the torture of gay kids.

It's not at all weird for you to point out what's fucked up about your friends' warped priorities.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I've noticed that McDonalds aren't nearly crowded as they used to be and on the rare occasion that I'm in one, it's not families anymore that are there. Just loner adults or a couple of blue-collar workers. And I watched a news segment saying that Gen Z is rejecting McDonalds which wouldn't surprise me since I can't remember the last time seeing late teens/early 20's being there.

McDonalds and other big chain low-tier fast food are all in the "desperation food" category; You only go to those places if you're starving and too far away from anywhere decent.

Then you regret your decision the next morning.

Firefoxprime

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If you eat at CFA, you're a piece of shit. Full stop.

Does that mean your conviction to dismiss the chicken outclass those who enjoy Chik Fil A's great customer service?

I think if the other fast food joints treated customers as well as chik fil a, this would be a non-issue. What's stopping them from being better than Chik Fil A?

I respect them for being honest about their company's biblical stance and still provide stellar service. I naturally prefer a stance/view upfront and center. No hiding.

Never found that service anywhere else.

Give me a better alternative and I will drop Chik Fil A in a heartbeat.

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
Does that mean your conviction to dismiss the chicken outclass those who enjoy Chik Fil A's great customer service?

I think if the other fast food joints treated customers as well as chik fil a, this would be a non-issue. What's stopping them from being better than Chik Fil A?

I respect them for being honest about their company's biblical stance and still provide stellar service. I naturally prefer a stance/view upfront and center. No hiding.

Yes, the safety and well-being of LGBTQ+ youth *far* outweighs someone enjoying CFA's "great customer service".

How is that even a fucking question?

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"I grew up with it" is often how we get Republicans. Nostalgia and tradition is a pretty rotten justification for giving money to an organization that supports the torture of gay kids.

It's not at all weird for you to point out what's fucked up about your friends' warped priorities.
Fair enough.

I still don't like the idea of me as a straight dude lecturing gay people how to be better gay people.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

How do you feel about their funding the torture of gay kids?

Fair enough.

I still don't like the idea of me as a straight dude lecturing gay people how to be better gay people.
As a gay person, I see nothing wrong with you telling your friends that they're actively funding the harm of gay kids. You can also tell them that it makes you uncomfortable and just lead by example.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not trying to condemn anyone. Personally, I don't think it makes you a bad person. I'm saying the act itself, deciding you have to get your fast food chicken sandwich, occasionally or otherwise, from this specific place is kinda shitty. Do we agree it's kinda shitty?

yep. I'm no saint.

the CFA near me closed down for remodeling and now I don't eat at CFA anymore. When it rises from the ashes will I start going again for proximity reasons? Probably. Does that make me an enemy of Era? I guess so.

i've always wanted to play the villain.

Deleted member 2761

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm legit curious if ya'll just live in absolute food deserts to stan Chik-fil-A this hard. Like, it's a fucking fast food restaurant. Who gives a shit about service?

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone

See this is the kind of bullshit I can't stand. The fast food customer service is better so fuck them queer kids. Those other fast food places oughta step up their game so I can stop hurting these queer kids. The quality of that five minute interaction is more important to me than queer rights. lmao dude

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some people in this thread comparing eating a fucking fast good item and like, having to use Microsoft Windows and Google, things that are practically monopolies and integral to several careers. Nobody thinks you're evil when you make that sort of point, people think you're DUMB when you try to.

Try not to compare services and neccessities to like, your rumbly lunch tummy cravings being satisfied.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
I'm legit curious if ya'll just live in absolute food deserts to stan Chik-fil-A this hard. Like, it's a fucking fast food restaurant. Who gives a shit about service?

I am 100% convinced that they only stan it to troll or because they agree with the anti-LGBT sentiment.

It's free to like something shitty and keep your mouth shut. You don't need to go into a thread talking about X, when X is most well known for being shitty, and blurt out how much you love X. You can stay silent, but if you do, you won't be able to play the victim, and we can't have that.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some people in this thread comparing eating a fucking fast good item and like, having to use Microsoft Windows and Google, things that are practically monopolies and integral to several careers. Nobody thinks you're evil when you make that sort of point, people think you're DUMB when you try to.

Try not to compare services and neccessities to like, your rumbly lunch tummy cravings being satisfied.
Bad people will go to pretty great lengths to try to prove that they're not bad people. Again, I wish people would just own it and state how little gay peoples' rights and safety means to them, especially in relation to a fried chicken sandwich.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado

Goldman Sachs
JPMorgan Chase
ExxonMobile
DuPont
Bayer
Microsoft
Google
Facebook
Amazon
Walmart

McDonalds
Apple
Nestle

I don't have any choice but to deal with Microsoft or Google/Apple products, or oil companies.

I very much have a choice in where I get my mediocre fast food chicken sammys. If I were to prioritize my lunch over the well-being and respect of others, I'd say yeah, I was being an asshole. I actually found it very easy to stop shopping at Walmart and Amazon and stop using Facebook. It was about as easy as not eating at Chick-Fil-A.

But no, I don't think you are an "irredeemable piece of shit" because you eat there. I just think your priorities are really fucked if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.