Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Gaming Age - 10/10
http://www.gaming-age.com/2019/05/everybodys-golf-vr-review-for-playstation-vr/
I was really surprised by Everybody's Golf VR, in the most pleasant way possible. Not being a golf fan by any means, I thoroughly enjoyed what Clap Hanz has done here. If you have a VR, I highly recommend this title, even if you don't like the actual sport of golf, you will have fun here. It may be a little skimpy with content, but that shouldn't stop you from checking this one out. This one definitely should not be missed!

Digital Chumps - 9/10
http://digitalchumps.com/everybodys-golf-vr-review
Everybody's Golf VR's devotion to (and immersion in) the ambience of golf transcends its simulation-oriented peers. As I swing a virtual club with one of my physical hands on a course populated by dinosaurs, instead of feeling lost in the abstract, I'm committed to refining and improving my shot. Everybody's Golf VR's affable pragmatism and judicious feedback grant access to a sport I had always considered too distant and aloof to negotiate.

Gaming Trend - 8,5/10
https://gamingtrend.com/feature/reviews/par-for-the-vr-course-everybodys-golf-vr-review/
In the end, Everybody's Golf VR is an excellent new way to experience golf without the funny pants or rising greens fees. What it lacks in localization, it more than makes up for with immersive and light hearted fun. Tee up, this one is fun for the whole family.

DarkStation - 8/10
https://www.darkstation.com/reviews/everybodys-golf-vr-review
With different gameplay options designed to suit quick or extended play, cosmetic goodies to earn, and multiple courses, Everybody's Golf VR offers good value for its thirty dollar price tag. I was concerned about using the Move wand at first, knowing that certain VR games I've played before suffered tracking issues, but I had absolutely no problems here. And it's way, way better than using the Dualshock. Sadly, the Move couldn't help me with my own physical failings, meaning that many, let's be real, all missed and failed swings were my fault. Everybody's Golf VR is challenging and more physically demanding but is just as fun and spirited as any other game in the series.

Destructoid - 8/10
https://www.destructoid.com/review-everybody-s-golf-vr-553513.phtml
You can get a feel for Everybody's Golf VR in a few short hours, but if you're anything like me, you won't want to move on quite so fast. It's an earworm of a game. Just thinking about it makes me want to dig out my PlayStation VR and clear the room. That's no small feat.

Twinfinite - 8/10
https://twinfinite.net/2019/05/everybodys-golf-vr-review/
Everybody's Golf nails the most important thing: hitting the ball feels great. It's just disappointing that there isn't anything in the way of multiplayer to test your technique against your friends.

Upload VR - 7,5/10
https://uploadvr.com/everybodys-golf-vr-review/
Everybody's Golf VR is a solid adaptation of the franchise for the PSVR. The gameplay is extremely fun and engaging, even if lacking in terms of accuracy a bit due to the limitations of the PSVR as a platform. I was left wanting multiplayer support and more courses to pick from, but the variety offered within each course and amount of unlockables available provides plenty of goodies for fans to dig into.

Critical Hit - 7,5/10
https://www.criticalhit.net/review/everybodys-golf-vr-review-time-for-tee/
There's a stark lack of content on offer here, but that shouldn't detract from what's one of the best digital recreations of Golf available. There's not a lot of it, but what there is, is a joy to play.

PlayStation LifeStyle - 7,5/10
https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/05/20/everybodys-golf-vr-review/
This is a niche spin-off of an already niche series on a niche platform, so it's understandable why this might not be for you. However, the beauty in its simplicity, its slow-paced nature, and fun factor are enough for anyone to enjoy, if given a shot.

PlayStation Universe - 7,5/10
https://www.psu.com/reviews/everybodys-golf-vr-review/
It shouldn't be surprising that Everybody's Golf is a good fit for PSVR, but the manner in which Clap Hanz has interpreted its accessible take on the sport into the realms of virtual reality is indeed surprising. Though it may be relatively limited, it has essentially kept the spirit of Everybody's Golf intact whilst changing the very way it's played, and done so by stripping back the fluff and keeping things relatively simple. That's very much the Everybody's Golf way.

intheGame.nl - 7,5/10
https://inthegame.nl/review-everybodys-golf-vr-noem-me-tiger-woods/
A fun VR golfing game that has the basics covered very well. The game feels and plays smooth but after just a few hours you've seen everything the game has to offer.

Push Square - 7/10
http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/everybodys_golf_vr
Everybody's Golf VR loses a little of the series' trademark accessibility as part of its transition to PSVR, but putting in some practice is a worthwhile endeavour, as this is a seriously rewarding arcade sports game. The presentation is top-notch throughout, and while the package is a little light on content, everything that's included has been polished to a sheen. This is the second time Clap-Hanz has reinvented its legendary PlayStation property for the PS4, and once again it's registered a Nice Shot.

Metro GameCentral - 7/10
https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/21/everybodys-golf-vr-review-vr-for-the-people-9619220/
Colourful golfing action with a fascinating complexity to each swing – and a stealth workout – but relatively few courses.

Attack of the Fanboy - 7/10
https://attackofthefanboy.com/reviews/everybodys-golf-vr-review/
Everybody's Golf VR is yet another great PSVR experience to show off how cool VR technology can be, but the lack of game modes compared to its predecessors can quickly burn you out on what could have been one of the showpiece titles for PSVR.

Metacritic: 77
https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/everybodys-golf-vr/critic-reviews

Game seems to be very funny and polished but the lack of MP and only a few courses makes the scores a bit mediocre.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018
Reading the Destructoid review has me interested, sounds like there is a lot of nuance to the striking system. I have never played a golf game where a lack of courses has concerned me (i always glean my enjoyment on improving on known enititys. Probably why i would be happy with a racing game only having the Nurburgring)
I should download the demo and see how much space is required to comfortably play this game.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
intheGame.nl 7.5/10 (Dutch)

A fun VR golfing game that has the basics covered very well. The game feels and plays smooth but after just a few hours you've seen everything the game has to offer.

pros:
- Easy to pickup, but requires some work to master
- Helpfull caddy makes you understand the sport a bit better while you play
- Looks good for a PSVR game

cons:
- No multiplayer
- Only 3 courses
- No instant replay after a single session (have to go back to main menu)
- Random events while funny for the first time, serve no purpose and are instant-skip after you've seen them all.

yume_2501

Oct 28, 2017
Remember, 3 courses doesn t means 3 Holes. There are a Lot fo holes plus the mirrored versions. Anyway Tried the demo yesterday, preordered instantly after. The move works perfectly in this game and the gameplay is perfect and fun. A multiplayer option would be indeed fantastic, but honestly i m Just happy the game is here and Plays perfectly

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Three courses? No multiplayer? SERIOUSLY????
No multiplayer and only 3 courses? How much is the game?

Yikes. I know developing for VR is expensive, and due to the fact it's a niche audience you gotta keep your prices somewhat high to make sure you make a profit, but this shit needs to stop tbh, it's only hurting VR that half the games coming out can be completed in an hour or so. A lot of people not that familiar with VR will (well, are) associating it with gimmicky games you finish in 45 minutes and pay 30-40 Euros for, whereas for the same price you can pick up an AA or AAA title with dozens of hours of playtime.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yikes. I know developing for VR is expensive, and due to the fact it's a niche audience you gotta keep your prices somewhat high to make sure you make a profit, but this shit needs to stop tbh

So what, don't make the game?

It's three 18 hole golf courses, as you say it's most likely costs that have led to the price.

OP
OP
Electro

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Yikes. I know developing for VR is expensive, and due to the fact it's a niche audience you gotta keep your prices somewhat high to make sure you make a profit, but this shit needs to stop tbh, it's only hurting VR that half the games coming out can be completed in an hour or so. A lot of people not that familiar with VR will (well, are) associating it with gimmicky games you finish in 45 minutes and pay 30-40 Euros for, whereas for the same price you can pick up an AA or AAA title with dozens of hours of playtime.

Like yume 2501 already wrote, 3 courses are not 3 holes...

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
The replayability is fine though.

naff

Unshakeable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Looks great, but seems a little lonely. No multiplayer or even AI opponents?

It's like they only included the I want to chill out after work mode.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like yume 2501 already wrote, 3 courses are not 3 holes...

I'm aware of how golf works, thanks. I also played a reasonable amount of golf games in this generation too, and 3 courses is an exceptionally low number, VR or not, for the price the game is being sold at. Can't really change my mind on that.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The replayability is fine though.

Absolutely, golf is never a "reach the hole then never play it again" kind of game, it encourages you to try and beat your records, see whether you can "cut through" certain areas, whether you can hit the hole from a bigger distance to save a swing and so on. Still, when games like The Golf Club offer hundreds of courses with even an editor for them, shipping a 30 Euros game with only 3 and not even multiplayer is not gonna fly well for many. It kinda feels like a VR tax again: if this wasn't a VR game, it would be absolutely slaughtered for the amount of content.

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
I just got PSVR this weekend (Astrobot bundle) and played this demo with the Dualshock controller (since my bundle didn't come with the Move wands) and you have to hold the Dualshock controller super awkward because of it's light bar placement. You have to bend your wrists towards you so the camera picks up the DS4 lightbar and it just doesn't feel like you're swinging a club. It tracks fine, but just feels awful and unnatural. I don't recommend playing with the DS4 at all.

So I went out and bought used Move controllers today and man what a difference. Waaay more immersive and feels just like swinging a club. The tracking is fantastic I thought, and you really have to swing if you want full power on the meter.

It's awesome, and the accuracy and depth of the tracking with the Move wands feels amazing. I've never golfed IRL beyond mini golf, but my half ass swings were not cutting it at first. I had to get in there and get in a good stance, bend knees and start trying to golf for real (or what I think real golf swings would look like). And the tracking picks up every little degree of rotation of your virtual club and affects how it contacts the ball and also how hard you swing obviously. On long drives it requires real life full power swing (or somewhat close) to translate into full power on the meter (although putting is a lot more forgiving with swing power).

You can cheat by just one hand swinging the wand with just your wrist movement really fast, but I feel like if you cheat this way you're missing the point of this experience.

I only played the first hole since I had to go to bed but it blew me away and felt so real. Can't wait to play more tomorrow!

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
the demo was pretty cool, kinda want still. tho i personally dont care, no multi at all is bizarre. clap hanz last game had online as the big focus so surprised they dint just throw the bare minimum at least in this one.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are people serious in 'correcting' others ITT about how three courses does not equal three holes? Like I ain't into golf at all and even I'd be kinda insulted at that. I know what 3 courses means. 3 holes would be ludicrous.

/rant

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
I'm downloading it now, never been on a real golf course so this is probably the next best thing. I just hope the tracking holds up since I haven't had the best luck playing with the move controllers, recently played Carnival Games VR and the tracking was all over the place.

edit: yeah this game is very barebones, no tournament modes, or ai opponents, which is very disappointing. The controls are great though, very accurate and putting feels great, It really does feel like you are making contact with the ball, very satisfying indeed.

Looks like you are locked to playing only 3 holes of the first course from the start. You have to rank up (by replaying the same 3 holes I assume) to be able to play more holes per round which is obviously a cheap way to extend the length of the game since it lacks content.

Overall, I'd still recommend this if you want to experience what its like to play golf in VR and don't mind replaying the same courses for better scores.

Last edited:

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are people serious in 'correcting' others ITT about how three courses does not equal three holes? Like I ain't into golf at all and even I'd be kinda insulted at that. I know what 3 courses means. 3 holes would be ludicrous.

/rant
That's one thing. No MP is something completely different...

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
No multiplayer and only 54 holes. That lack of variety (and grind) is why I returned the original Everybody's Golf. Couldn't they at least add a course builder?

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
Having played the demo almost nightly just practising my swing on the driving range, I can't wait for my pre-order to unlock tomorrow.

It's so addictive. It feels just like you want it to. Every shot feels like it's dependent on how you judge it. It makes it frustrating but fair if you badly slice your tee shot like I always do because the tracking on the Move controller is so accurate. But it also makes it AMAZINGLY satisfying when you judge it right, because you feel like you earned it through skill.

Can't wait to dive into three full courses of this.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"and forcing you to stand up and swing your arms is healthy but also quite tiring."

WTF...

If Everybody Golf VR is tiring you seriously need to sort your fitness levels out. As in that's a huge warning flag for your heart health. Having played well over of an hour solid of the demo that's not even mild exercise.

OP
OP
Electro

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Gaming Age - 10/10
http://www.gaming-age.com/2019/05/everybodys-golf-vr-review-for-playstation-vr/
I was really surprised by Everybody's Golf VR, in the most pleasant way possible. Not being a golf fan by any means, I thoroughly enjoyed what Clap Hanz has done here. If you have a VR, I highly recommend this title, even if you don't like the actual sport of golf, you will have fun here. It may be a little skimpy with content, but that shouldn't stop you from checking this one out. This one definitely should not be missed!

Digital Chumps - 9/10
http://digitalchumps.com/everybodys-golf-vr-review
Everybody's Golf VR's devotion to (and immersion in) the ambience of golf transcends its simulation-oriented peers. As I swing a virtual club with one of my physical hands on a course populated by dinosaurs, instead of feeling lost in the abstract, I'm committed to refining and improving my shot. Everybody's Golf VR's affable pragmatism and judicious feedback grant access to a sport I had always considered too distant and aloof to negotiate.

Gaming Trend - 8,5/10
https://gamingtrend.com/feature/reviews/par-for-the-vr-course-everybodys-golf-vr-review/
In the end, Everybody's Golf VR is an excellent new way to experience golf without the funny pants or rising greens fees. What it lacks in localization, it more than makes up for with immersive and light hearted fun. Tee up, this one is fun for the whole family.

DarkStation - 80/10
https://www.darkstation.com/reviews/everybodys-golf-vr-review
With different gameplay options designed to suit quick or extended play, cosmetic goodies to earn, and multiple courses, Everybody's Golf VR offers good value for its thirty dollar price tag. I was concerned about using the Move wand at first, knowing that certain VR games I've played before suffered tracking issues, but I had absolutely no problems here. And it's way, way better than using the Dualshock. Sadly, the Move couldn't help me with my own physical failings, meaning that many, let's be real, all missed and failed swings were my fault. Everybody's Golf VR is challenging and more physically demanding but is just as fun and spirited as any other game in the series.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
The majority of dev time was probably working on stuff like controls and UX. Sounds like they got that part nailed at least, so developing more modes and courses (DLC or sequel) should be a little more straightforward

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Ya gotta have multiplayer. Playing a course together with a few friends seems like an experience that would be a game changer and I can't imagine it would be hard to pull off the gameplay. Shit, I never realized how much VR needs a good golf game with online multiplayer until now.

It sounds like they've got a good foundation to build on. This could grow into something really damn cool

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I think three courses for $30 is reasonable. Not fantastic value but not highway robbery either. I mean, what other good golf games are on PSVR? I really don't think comparing it to non-VR titles is an apples-to-apples comparison. I tried the demo and greatly enjoyed it, so I'll be picking it up.

The game feels and plays smooth but after just a few hours you've seen everything the game has to offer.

I don't play golf games in "content tourist" mode. Do people put them away and lose interest after they've seen the last new hole? "Welp, that's all the holes. Guess I'll play something else now." Maybe they do.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
So, looking at the reviews:

Not only is there no Multiplayer (which is a shame, because Everybody's Golf featured it prominently), but there are no AI-controlled players, either.

It's just you, your caddy, and the course.

It's a ... really odd omission. I wonder why they did it that way. The golf itself looks really amazing.

OP
OP
Electro

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
So, looking at the reviews:

Not only is there no Multiplayer (which is a shame, because Everybody's Golf featured it prominently), but there are no AI-controlled players, either.

It's just you, your caddy, and the course.

It's a ... really odd omission. I wonder why they did it that way. The golf itself looks really amazing.

At least it has online leaderboards.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Not only is there no Multiplayer (which is a shame, because Everybody's Golf featured it prominently), but there are no AI-controlled players, either... I wonder why they did it that way.

I don't know why they did it but here's my take on it: VR can be an amazing experience, but IMO it is best experienced in shorter hour or two sessions instead of marathons. This is doubly true with VR games where you are standing and moving around. I don't have any issues with nausea but some people do. What I do suffer from is my face getting hot/sweaty after about an hour of play, and my head basically getting tired of having the PSVR crown on. I need to take a break and that's usually an hour or more.

All that being said, Golf is not a fast game. It takes a while to play 18 holes. It takes even longer if you have to wait on the AI (or online players) to finish the holes. I know you can all start the hole simultaneously but don't you have to wait on everyone to hole out before moving on? If you didn't and everyone ended up on different holes after a while, what would be the point of online play? Might as well be leaderboards then. It'd suck to be playing with 3 other people on hole 14 and you really need to take a break from the VR but you're just waiting on your friend to get his triple bogey. You'd probably push yourself to stay in the game and might get a headache or something. With AI you'd probably be able to skip their shots after you finish and you could at least pause but without a progress-based single-player campaign to go with them I don't see much point in playing the CPU in golf games.

I'm sure budget and scope played a part in these features being omitted. When they were deciding what they needed vs what could be cut, concern for player comfort in VR might have factored into that decision.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
mine comes tomorrow....didn't expect it to be so barebones.....hmmm. Still excited but might sell it on if it feels too light on content.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
WorthPlaying - 7.5/10

https://www.worthplaying.com/article/2019/5/21/reviews/114386/

Everybody's Golf VR feels like a good first step in getting the sport on to a new technology. Once you get used to the controls — specifically controlling the shot direction and amount of power needed — you'll find the game to be very immersive due to its presentation. It may take a while to unlock everything, and while the number of courses isn't as abundant as the older games, there's still enough here to keep you coming back. The lack of multiplayer is a disappointment, though, and the repetitive lines from your caddies can be tiresome, but Everybody's Golf VR is still a game that'll make you spend more time with your VR headset.

Dec 31, 2017
This game is great, I enjoy being terrible at it. I'm slowly getting better so I guess it's like real golf which I suck at, hit a ball of the first tea off onto the club house roof irl, made a noise.....

Pretty basic but nice and chill. Something to have a drink and relax with, though you do have to put you back into it.

Hopefully if this is a success they update it regularly with features, treat this as a starter and build on it, it's a positive for the market.

I think it would have been ok with AI players but I think getting crushed every game would dissuade some people. Hopefully it's added in the future.

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I can not believe how good this game is using the existing tracking. I'm now seriously wondering whether this game will help fix my real life swing.

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any tips on how to stop slicing it? I'm not a golfer but no matter what I try, 90% of my power drives result in a slice to the right, sometimes badly.

I tried so many practice swings of varying positions and results weren't promising lol. Should I be gripping/rotating the club/wand inwards or hold it naturally where my thumb rests on the big main wand button? Should I rotate/angle my body around the tee more so I come at it from an angle?

Or should I just start aiming/hitting everything to the hard left and hope the slice ends up roughly where I need lol

Oct 27, 2017
This game is great, I enjoy being terrible at it. I'm slowly getting better so I guess it's like real golf which I suck at, hit a ball of the first tea off onto the club house roof irl, made a noise.....

Pretty basic but nice and chill. Something to have a drink and relax with, though you do have to put you back into it.

Hopefully if this is a success they update it regularly with features, treat this as a starter and build on it, it's a positive for the market.

I think it would have been ok with AI players but I think getting crushed every game would dissuade some people. Hopefully it's added in the future.

Everything said here is what I want to see and do with this game.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
The lack of content and modes would be easier to swallow if they decided to bundle the regular game with it or maybe bring this out as a free or budget DLC. I initially thought this was going to be a free update like they did for WipEout. It's a separate game and that's fine, but hey there's a lot of space on a Blu-ray disc.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What would hurt VR more, overpriced games or every single VR developer on earth going out of business?

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Had a go on my friends earlier. It felt so good.

Play a bit of golf (mainly badly) but I was seriously impressed with how accurate it felt

Shame not many modes.