• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
I need to try playing standing and with the Move, but it felt pretty pointless sitting with a DS4.

Also, the caddie gets old quick. I know that's how it was (generally) in the previous games, but repeating the same phrases over and over, in poorly mimed animation with a super British voice while the body language screams Japanese, is more annoying than in non-VR. If only she had some actual development, like she would actually say something other than comment on the weather (maybe when I start doing better?) or actually give me solid advice like "stop hitting so damn hard while chipping".

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I'll keep this in mind down the road when it is discounted to $15-20 range, sounds too limited in modes for $30.

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
This is one of my favorite VR experiences to date. Got comfortable with tornado cups and unlocked all the courses last night. Excited to jump back on and improve with the standard cups. Give us another course or two as DLC and this package is right up there with the best PSVR has to offer.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
The reviews seem good. I was all set to buy this game, but then held off after trying the demo because of some serious tracking issues. While the game seemed to be able to track the swinging of the Move controller accurately, it couldn't read the position at all, and would assign it to some weird places like at my chest or below my waist, which made it impossible to accurately swing, even if the swing movement itself was fine.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of the lack of approach mode and shorter putt meters.

It's really hard.to get power right if you need something other than 100%

chiraledge

Oct 25, 2017
I've had a hard time playing VR games for longer stretches but I can't stop playing this, it's so fun. My first Gameboy game was Golf so I keep thinking how wild it is how far games have come while playing.

flook

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah this is great fun. I had it gifted so the courses to price ratio are not relevant to me but I would easily pay £25 for it. I just need to practice my putting and learn I don't need to go for the green off every tee. Hopefully more courses and some mini games will come as dlc. One of the PS2 EGs had great mini games in the practice range iirc.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I need to try this ASAP. Makes me wish there was a *REAL* PSVR minigolf game, as that one game where you make your own courses doesn't actually function like a first-person move-enabled experience but just let's you view things in third-person in the headset.

flook

Oct 28, 2017
Guys

I am so awful at this game

I try swinging like a real club but my shots are effectively rough and bunker seeking missiles

Yeah I started off really bad. Frustratingly bad. I felt I was always over reaching and getting slices and fades everywhere. The game doesn't tell you this but you can change settings on the tablet while out on the course that will alter your height above and distance from the ball. With these dialled in to my satisfaction and swing strength reduced to minimum my accuracy improved greatly. I ended up getting a top ten score in the world yesterday for one of the Forest 9 hole courses. Top 30 for all time. Go me.

Another tip is when they advise to use the putter from off the green don't bother unless the hole is within 15ft or so. Its much easier to get close with a chip - if you get under the ball it slows down much quicker when it lands.

Also this isn't pointed out in the game but if you select replay camera option 2 it gives you best experience I have EVER had in VR. Its awesome. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't tried it but give it a go - try it multiple times to experience each angle. Not for people who get VR sick easily.

On the downside I'm thoroughly bored with the 2 caddies on offer - an option to switch them off entirely would be welcome.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
Yeah I started off really bad. Frustratingly bad. I felt I was always over reaching and getting slices and fades everywhere. The game doesn't tell you this but you can change settings on the tablet while out on the course that will alter your height above and distance from the ball. With these dialled in to my satisfaction and swing strength reduced to minimum my accuracy improved greatly. I ended up getting a top ten score in the world yesterday for one of the Forest 9 hole courses. Top 30 for all time. Go me.

Another tip is when they advise to use the putter from off the green don't bother unless the hole is within 15ft or so. Its much easier to get close with a chip - if you get under the ball it slows down much quicker when it lands.

Also this isn't pointed out in the game but if you select replay camera option 2 it gives you best experience I have EVER had in VR. Its awesome. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't tried it but give it a go - try it multiple times to experience each angle. Not for people who get VR sick easily.

On the downside I'm thoroughly bored with the 2 caddies on offer - an option to switch them off entirely would be welcome.
Unfortunately, I have done all those things :(

I have adjusted my driving technique which has helped slightly. I am still woeful at putting though. It requires far more precision than I am capable of lol

Does anyone else find it hard to be consistent in swing power? I can be fairly consistent in practice swings but when I actually address and try to emulate that, I always end up with at least 20% more power for some reason. Maybe it's a subconscious thing.

I had to admit defeat and switch to beginner clubs and tornado holes just to have a round where I wasn't constantly getting salty haha.

Yeah, Replay Mode 2 is a lot of fun too

Feb 15, 2018
Unfortunately, I have done all those things :(

I have adjusted my driving technique which has helped slightly. I am still woeful at putting though. It requires far more precision than I am capable of lol

Does anyone else find it hard to be consistent in swing power? I can be fairly consistent in practice swings but when I actually address and try to emulate that, I always end up with at least 20% more power for some reason. Maybe it's a subconscious thing.

I had to admit defeat and switch to beginner clubs and tornado holes just to have a round where I wasn't constantly getting salty haha.

Yeah, Replay Mode 2 is a lot of fun too

I found the same issue with the power always being much higher when taking the shot Vs practice. I also wondered if it was a tension thing when taking the real shot, but I don't think that's the case.
Only played the demo but really enjoyed it. Will probably pick it up in a sale down the line. Biggest issue for me was the tracking. It was basically ok, but the club was never straight in relation to the move controller. Much the same as the DS4 was for me when playing astrobot.

flook

Oct 28, 2017

I found exactly the same thing. I only take one practice swing now - sometimes none.

I'm not saying I've mastered the game - I'm much more likely to finish 1 over or par than 2 or 3 under but I'm no longer playing rounds of 10 over and triple bogies are now rare. I haven't really tried anything but the beginner clubs. My main problems are long putts and approaches less than the shortest wedge. Anything less than 70 yds out is not going near the cup.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
I found exactly the same thing. I only take one practice swing now - sometimes none.

I'm not saying I've mastered the game - I'm much more likely to finish 1 over or par than 2 or 3 under but I'm no longer playing rounds of 10 over and triple bogies are now rare. I haven't really tried anything but the beginner clubs. My main problems are long putts and approaches less than the shortest wedge. Anything less than 70 yds out is not going near the cup.
Oh that's reassuring then.

The thing is, it's frustrating being awful, but I don't ever feel it's anything other than my own fault. Which is exactly how a sports game should be.

Oct 26, 2017
Well, it's kind of what a sports game should be but not really what Everybody's Golf should be. The game wants to be beginner friendly and casual, but requires a lot of precision, and then does precisely nothing to help you reach that precision. All you get is "NICE SHOT... rough."

Bojanglez

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to hold and wait for it to drop in price a bit, but I'm glad I jumped in. I was surprised by how accurate the game was at replicating the slice in my real life swing, but does a good job showing you how/why it is happening.

It is so satisfying when you nail a shot, so much more so than traditional golf games. I'm playing it standing with a move controller, can't imagine playing it any other way.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's kind of what a sports game should be but not really what Everybody's Golf should be. The game wants to be beginner friendly and casual, but requires a lot of precision, and then does precisely nothing to help you reach that precision. All you get is "NICE SHOT... rough."

Golf without precision is not golf anymore. Everybody Golf going from the demo anyway gives you far more aid than you get in the real sport, just having the gauges and shot curve in practice can help you dial it in considerably.

Nov 24, 2018
Picked this up earlier today and Im having some tracking issues. If i try and play a shot with both hands on the move it doesnt register a full piwer swing and always slices drastically to the left. If i do it one handed im hitting full powee straight drives. Sadly it doesnt feel natural to play one handed