• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
XbdZPgN.gif

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It wont be a true remake of FF7 without

f489eb80bca18c321a5384e2c9a679b0.jpg

Especially if minutes after Aries gets got.

Last edited:

MoogleMaestro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fairly certain the whole game takes place in midgar, or they said as much back when the game was coming out.

I should add that it's technically possible that aeris dies under different circumstances in this game.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I want all those old scenes in even if disturbing. I need to see Tifa say she's gonna smash Corneo's member off, Aerith saying rip, and Cloud saying he will cut it off.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
She will probably dies a bit later to give us false hope.
Maybe she'll live this time.

Actually I take that back. In FF7R, after you defeat Sephiroth and save the world, Aeris is inexplicably killed by a flowerpot falling out of a 50th story window.

Then in FF7R-2, we find out that flowerpot was purposefully dropped...by Professor Hojo.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, yes. That and the Chocobo training/races. They better not cut them from the remake.

https://gematsu.com/2015/12/final-f...f-discuss-voice-dating-scenes-mini-games-more
Will there be mini-games?

Kitase: "We want to put the mini-games that remain favorable among fans in as much as possible."

Nomura: "There were a lot of things from big to small, but we need to consider a bit whether it's necessary to create them all with the latest technology."

Kitase: "The development staff is also thinking about what to do with the mini-games."

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, yes. That and the Chocobo training/races. They better not cut them from the remake.

They said they wouldn't cut anything that was well received. I think something like the dolphin jump minigame and some of the other smaller golden saucer mini games are in danger of being cut or replaced with something else, but this game is going to have snow boarding and chocobo breeding/racing.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
They said they wouldn't cut anything that was well received. I think something like the dolphin jump minigame and some of the other smaller golden saucer mini games are in danger of being cut or replaced with something else, but this game is going to have snow boarding and chocobo breeding/racing.
MINI GAAAAAAAAMES

OP
OP
Somni

Somni

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm fairly certain the whole game takes place in midgar, or they said as much back when the game was coming out.

I should add that it's technically possible that aeris dies under different circumstances in this game.
Source? I don't recall Nomura stating that officially. The most they've commented on is them expanding and fleshing out Midgar and certain scenarios more than in the original FF VII.

As of now we still have very little information and confirmations about the length of each episode. Most of what we have that stem mostly from rumors and speculation. I hope E3 will give us better insight as to what to expect.

Last edited:

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I'm worried they'll go super serious and leave out the goofy parts like red viii disguising as a soldier.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Do you guys think Supernova's animation will be cut down? Personally, I really hope they don't cut it. Imagine seeing all those planets blowing up in these HD amazing graphics.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also eager to see how they'll redesign the Highwind in Remake, and I hope it'll be fully controllable. If they just end up going with a fast travel solution that would be very lame.

15 had a fully controllable flying vehicle, so I don't know why they wouldn't give us a proper HIghwind.

OP
OP
Somni

Somni

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Do you guys think Supernova's animation will be cut down? Personally, I really hope they don't cut it. Imagine seeing all those planets blowing up in these HD amazing graphics.
If the summons are essentially cutscene AOE attacks, I don't see why they would cut them down. From the teaser it's indicative that they're going even more cinematic with the presentation in Remake. What would really dope, is if the summon attacks cause notable environmental destruction in their wake.
Ifrit leaves scorched earth with Hellfire, or Leviathan leaves a shallow pool of water, etc. A evolution on the summons from FF XV basically.

Last edited:

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I think it could go either way, because in the Japanese original the attack is only about 20 seconds long, but the English version bumped it up to OVER TWO MINUTES.

They'll probably find a middle ground.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ya, I'm a little confused but I got it now. Cloud leaves Nibelheim at 14 to join SOLDIER. He comes back to Nibelheim 2 years later with Sephiroth and Zack, and that is when Sephiroth burns it to the ground. Then 5 years from there is where Cloud ends up at the Midgar train station and is found by Tifa and the game begins.

I think. I guess it's time to replay the game again, haven't done it since the PS4 port came out.
Ok that checks out, except for the part that Tifa said it's been 7 years since they last saw each other and not 5.

I literally started my first play through on my PS4 port I bought in 2015 just last week and I just got past the Kalm flashback when I saw the patch that came to XB1 and Switch. You can understand my frustration that it didn't come to PS4 nor did they even say if it was even coming later at all. Now I'm seriously thinking on keep postponing my playthrough to see if Square can grace us with a patch. A very weird way of treating us users of the lead (only?) platform for the remake.

OP
OP
Somni

Somni

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
15 had a fully controllable flying vehicle, so I don't know why they wouldn't give us a proper HIghwind.
Nothing is confirmed yet, so we'll see. Fingers crossed.
I for one am looking forward to the Battle Square mini-game
They definitely can't skimp on the Mini-games. I hope they find ways to reimagine the mechanics to makes them even more fun with tighter controls.
There's so many of them littered throughout the game. I always enjoyed those contextual mini-games, but they had some funky controls tbh lol

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Source? I don't recall Nomura stating that officially. The most they've commented on is them expanding and fleshing out Midgar and certain scenarios more than in the original FF VII.

As of now we still have very little information and confirmations about the length of each episode. Most of what we have that stem mostly from rumors and speculation. I hope E3 will give us better insight as to what to expect.

They definitely never said the game is only in Midgar, the only thing they've said is that the game will be comparable in size to the Final Fantasy XIII games, so pretty much what you'd expect from most JRPGs, 30-40ish hours depending on the type of player you are, with significant side content after that.

Nomura said he doesn't like huge open worlds, so the basic level design of the games will likely be very different from a game like FFXV. For instance, if they went with zones like FFXII it would force them to implement the highwind differently, either using it as a fast travel mechanic or building an overworld exclusively for vehicles.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
We do not need a thread for every speculative point on this game. Too many threads of this nature can lead to clutter. Feel free to make a general pre-release discussion/speculation thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.