• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if you've seen A Quiet Place OP, and are being ironic, but it's a brilliant movie and Cinema Sins is trash.

Nov 30, 2018
Have they ever made a film?

Seems like they could make the perfect one if they know how to criticize it all

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
cinema sins?

giphy.gif

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Cinema SIns appeals to the aggressive stupidity of people who instead of actually wanting to engage with a work on a critical or even basic level would prefer to discuss things with hot takes or worse yet, would rather not watch the film at all but it's highly rated so they need some sort of personal validation that everyone else is wrong.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Movie is excellent and both critics and audiences agreed with that sentiment. I trust myself and those more than I would a garbage insincere YouTube comedy channel that has to pad their videos out with useless "criticism" to make themselves more money.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How is anyone still sharing CS videos in 2018? Holy balls.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
Yep film was shite. As if you'd have to shush your kids and tell them to keep quiet after living in near total silence for 5+ years. Probably best to pitch up a tent by a waterfall than live in a creaky old ass house as well. Oh yeah, and that whiteboard. Made worse by Krasinski's posturing like he's above the horror genre.

Oct 27, 2017
You really gonna decide a movie's quality based on fucking CinemaSins of all things?

Their whole schtick is a combination of nitpicking and missing the point, either intentiinally or unintentionally.

This channel is a fucking scourge to real film criticism.

Edit: didn't mean this to sound harsh to you personally OP, just dislike this channel.

Last edited:

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Cinema Sins and Honest Trailers are both trash

Honest Trailers isn't what it was before, but they at least make some good jokes and you generaly feel their love for movies. If a movie is good, they won't shy away of saying it. Cinema Sins is just nitpicking for nitpicking's sake (often not even justified), and fits in a culture where people over-analyse movies to the point they are barely able to suspend their disbelief anymore. It's the kind of 'but bombs don't fall in space' argument that might seem like solid critisism, but doesn't say a thing about the actual quality of a movie (which, if done good, sets out it's own rules)

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cinemasins is awesome but you shouldnt listen to them to judge a movie at all. The guy likes the movie very much.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped watching Cinema Sins when they did their Red October review and didn't respect their audience enough assume they knew what a torpedo was.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't really like A Quite Place. The whole waterfall thing made me say "why the hell don't you live near that, then???"

But I don't like Cinema Sins more. They thrash movies just to thrash them. After a while they just seem kinda spiteful.

PunishedOkabe

From a certain point of view, this isn't a copy
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Actually watching CinemaSins in the year of our lord 2018

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I only made it to "sin" 5 of this video before I had to stop watching. He complains that the movie has a shot to establish a character's hearing disability? Really? That's a sin??

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wait, people watch CinemaSins as if it's valid criticism? I thought people just watched it to laugh?

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
People decided not to watch Get Out because CinemaSins made it look like trash. GET OUT. Stop taking what they say as valid and not 95 percent inane trash with a splash of actual critiques.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I'm personally not the biggest fan of A Quiet Place, but using CinemaSins to create an opinion on something is not advised, OP.

Cinema Sins and Honest Trailers are both trash
You're allowed to think that Honest Trailers is trash, but there's a very big difference between them and CinemaSins.

Honest Trailers is obviously satire, if you watch other ScreenJunkies stuff or listen to the Q&A's with the writers of Honest Trailers they sometimes do, you clearly see that they love movies and purely see the Honest Trailers as jokes. A lot of the directors they joke about like them as well and some have even collaborated with them on Honest Trailers, or watch the Honest Trailers with the writers and comment on them.

Meanwhile, CinemaSins is some guy genuinely thinking he's criticizing a movie for its flaws while in reality offering nothing but shallow criticism that often completely misunderstands the movie he's "criticizing" and just contributes to the awful nitpicky amateur "critics" culture that's big on social media.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, people watch CinemaSins as if it's valid criticism? I thought people just watched it to laugh?

Defenders claim that's the case, but it's obviously not true.

Didn't really like A Quite Place. The whole waterfall thing made me say "why the hell don't you live near that, then???"

But I don't like Cinema Sins more. They thrash movies just to thrash them. After a while they just seem kinda spiteful.

In, what, a tent? Maybe they could have scavenged some silent construction equipment.

Nov 1, 2017
Fuck Cinemasins but this movie is way overrated. It's a clever idea stretched twice as long as it can sustain and it's full of plot holes and you can see the ending coming from miles away. 6/10 at best.