• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The "why didn't the military build sonic weapons" thing is one of the most baffling complaints I've seen for a movie in a while. Like even if research was able to figure out the frequency, you still have to design a usable weapon, build it, produce enough to be useful, transport those weapons, transport troops to use those weapons or transport vehicles to mount the weapons, all of which would make a ton of noise before being able to mount any kind of offense

Plus, what makes you think this didn't happen. The movie takes place in their little world and they are cutoff from what's happening to the rest of the world.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Plus, what makes you think this didn't happen. The movie takes place in their little world and they are cutoff from what's happening to the rest of the world.
That too. It's a movie with an extremely narrow focus over a short period of time, like The Mist

In zombie movies, we accept the fact that the military was overrun, even though that part of the apocalypse always gets skipped over because of unbelievable it would be in practice. Because the how and why did society collapse doesn't usually matter to the main narrative or the conflict the characters are dealing with, just that it did and this is the world that the characters inhabit now.

I don't get why that doesn't apply to A Quiet Place

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
In my view, the film absolutely has some problems from a realism standpoint, but honestly I'm able to forgive those because I don't feel like internal consistency/logic was what the film was about. To me, the film was about coping with the fear of being a parent in a world where death is literally around every corner. It's about how the parents deal with these fears while trying to maintain some level of sanity and make their children feel safe. There's commentary in there as well about a parent's inclination to underestimate the strength and understanding of their children or to misinterpret their concerns and needs.

The monsters are just the mechanism that takes the real-world anxiety of modern day parents to its most extreme level to allow these themes to come through. It's impressive to me that the film is able to communicate so much of this with so little spoken dialogue.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
I didn't really believe endings could ruin a great film till I saw A Quiet Place. Haven't rewatched it since, haven't bought the DVD, don't plan on doing either, I just don't ever want to give this a second chance after that

RazzDCO

Oct 7, 2018
Get this garbage outta here, Cinema Sins is the laziest channel in existance, I refuse to give them any views.

joshcryer

Nov 27, 2018
Wait, people watch CinemaSins as if it's valid criticism? I thought people just watched it to laugh?

I watch them to basically watch the entire movie in a condensed version which apparently is what other people do as well.

I didn't really believe endings could ruin a great film till I saw A Quiet Place. Haven't rewatched it since, haven't bought the DVD, don't plan on doing either, I just don't ever want to give this a second chance after that

I Think We're Alone Now has you beat on that one. Such a great movie until the last 30 minutes.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The movie is amazing and I'm pretty sure CinemaSins knows this and agrees, their whole thing is to unnecessarily pick apart every movie. Their content is hit or miss in terms of comedic value, but I don't think its meant to be taking seriously.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thankful that Cinema Sins no longer seems to appear in my Recommend, because good god they have the most pathetic attempts at humor, and their fan base is mostly completely insufferable and don't even watch the movies they """"critique"""".

Jul 18, 2018
Didn't like the movie much personally, so CinemaSins will get my views just to see them break the shit down for fun

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
CS sucks but so does A Quiet Place
tenor.gif

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
The movie is amazing and I'm pretty sure CinemaSins knows this and agrees, their whole thing is to unnecessarily pick apart every movie. Their content is hit or miss in terms of comedic value, but I don't think its meant to be taking seriously.

Pretty much. Sadly, I just no longer find what they do funny. Lot of their early videos were like 8-10 minutes, then everything seemed to get longer and longer. Don't have time for all that tbh.