• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
And as for the beta.... I'm still patiently waiting. Not losing my marbles like some :)

They're obviously busting their guts to get the beta out. Something which many people may not know is that they had a bout of Flu go through the office and knocked out a few people in the last couple of weeks, and currently there are a couple of others sick.

I see some people complain about it being released in this holiday period because they will be away etc. Personally I'm happy if it comes out in the coming weeks as that's the absolute best time for me.

Fingers crossed!
Shame to hear that. Yep, fingers crossed! I'm off from Monday until the 27th, if it drops on Tuesday I'll be laughing!

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone actually going to fly off the handle if it releases in, say, january? Like obviously they didn't say 'in 2018' just to say something. They were sure it's an achievable target. If it does turn out to be a miss, there's no reason to expect a massive delay like last time.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone actually going to fly off the handle if it releases in, say, january? Like obviously they didn't say 'in 2018' just to say something. They were sure it's an achievable target. If it does turn out to be a miss, there's no reason to expect a massive delay like last time.

Tbh I would not be mad, just dissapointed. It would be nice for them to actually meet the date they set (more so after a complete year of teasing and "coming soon"), but at this point I don't know if that would be good or bad for the beta.

What I can tell you is, if the beta makes it I will add a party hat to my avatar. If it doesn't I will add a single tear rolling from the little guy's face.

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really hoping it's still this year, but I don't have my hopes up too high. I'm off from the 21st until the 2nd, so if it does come out during that time I'll have more time than usual to play it.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
"Are you guys still planning on doing sign ups?"

Mm:
tenor.gif

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
Thank you all for participating in the Dreams™ beta social experiment. We're compiling the results and will let you know soon.
--MM​

We never knew we are the beta. This has all been a Dream.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Hope people realize the beta aint gonna happen until the game is basically complete. Which is why it got delayed from 2016. Probably updated the toolset and broke all their creations and realized a conventional beta aint gonna work. Now the beta is gonna be used to pad the game with content for release and fixing minor bugs

jackissocool

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ohio
And IMO it especially sucks since the moderation rules mean you can't release fangames or anything M-rated without worrying about the threat of your content being banhammered. None of this applies to animated films made in Dreams though, since you can just record them as video and release them on Youtube or whatever. Similar with music, still scenes/sculptures, etc.
I wonder how serious the fan game thing will be. It was never an issue in LBP. I can go play a million levels called Super Mario Bros right now.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they go all out with their community contests and have competitions for people of all kinds of various skillsets. Like, I think it would be cool if they had one contest that was like a fully animated scene and they only wanted people to place cameras in the scene to capture the action uniquely. Everyone would be dealing with the same material, but it would feel different based on the direction.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
You know what all of your problems are? You just don't have enough FAITH. You just need to trust in the plan. Media Molecule HAS A PLAN.

Catalix

Oct 28, 2017
I agree with the person who previously said that a Christmas Day open sign up would be a good strategy. It'd honestly be a very Mm way to package and promote the beta release, as a "surprise" 🎁 to all the fans. It'd also help justify their annoying cageyness lol

Then leave it open for at least a month so people who were busy during the holidays could get a chance to try it out.

I dunno I'm desperate. What stage of grief is this?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with the person who previously said that a Christmas Day open sign up would be a good strategy. It'd honestly be a very Mm way to package and promote the beta release, as a "surprise" 🎁 to all the fans. It'd also help justify their annoying cageyness lol

Then leave it open for at least a month so people who were busy during the holidays could get a chance to try it out.

Release beta christmas eve - fuck off for the holidays and servers crash day 1 leaving no access for anyone until next year

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, as I said earlier, the only way this makes sense at this point. Present it as a gift and people can't be mad anymore.

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why I keep clicking on this thread. There is this brief flicker of hope every time that, finally, the moment has come.
Same, but I resorted to abandoning hope for every day until the 23rd. Christmas time opening this thread is gonna suck hard though.

Status
Not open for further replies.