• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
here's some screens from the stream. people who got their creation shown are posting on twitter. only way for now to get "screenshots"

Curiosity - https://twitter.com/DISARMEDTWEETS

DxNipDrXcAcQZU6

I legit gasped when I booted that up last night. The detail on the robot is phenomenal. My partner popped into the living room and asked me if I had gotten bored of Dreams and started something else. Well done.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I legit gasped when I booted that up last night. The detail on the robot is phenomenal. My partner popped into the living room and asked me if I had gotten bored of Dreams and started something else. Well done.
Disarmed has a keen eye for making some really great atmospheric level. this is with MM's amazing tech used in Dreams. <3

pixelpatron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seattle
For the guy who made Uncle Fritz's Fabulous Funhouse Frenzy back in my LBP days; to be left out in the cold for the Dreams beta is heartbreaking.

My LBP level featured on the GOTY edition of LBP.
3226433875_7fd53bcd6d.jpg

3227287852_65a3b030da.jpg

3226434305_a55988a233.jpg

3227288358_2717bcb17d.jpg

3227288942_a1c2e18f45.jpg

3226435207_1f5357b8a8.jpg

3227289250_472a8f8fdd.jpg

Some of my planning sketches.

3227286866_fc3574f103.jpg

3226433215_c521e98abb.jpg

All told I think I lost almost 3 months of my life in edit mode of LBP. Some of it was like a full time job. I spent entire weekends creating. It was glorious!! I CANT WAIT TO START DREAMS!!!!!

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully Sony is smart enough to give early copies to some of these creators. It would serve the game better than giving them to influencers.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Sony is smart enough to give early copies to some of these creators. It would serve the game better than giving them to influencers.

Would be cool if they've chose a group of top creators to keep using the beta and get updates to stable dev builds, so they can essentially create multiple games ready for launch.

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would be cool if they've chose a group of top creators to keep using the beta and get updates to stable dev builds, so they can essentially create multiple games ready for launch.

I would seriously be turned off if some "influencers" got to use the tools longer than everyone else. There will be a game from MM that has been worked on for years.

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
Did Flipyap get in touch with MM? That sounded very much like an invitation to an interview to me. I do hope he was listening. Remember, they've spoken about making games with Dreams themselves and no doubt they'll put together small in house indie teams to do that.

Lidas

Oct 26, 2017
Just saw yesterdays stream. Holy cow, they showed my second community jam entry. And they said nice things! Glad that they show off a variety of creations in the streams, so much cool stuff.

20ua2bo.png

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw yesterdays stream. Holy cow, they showed my second community jam entry. And they said nice things! Glad that they show off a variety of creations in the streams, so much cool stuff.

20ua2bo.png

Nice - really liked the camera direction in this one. The font at the start is classic 'lost' feel, and I loved that plank washing up on the shore with the camera following it in.

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
I think I'm starting to understand what gets under my skin when creating with the Dualshock. It's the inconsistency of interaction with the screen. Literally every 30 seconds I'm having to re-centre the imp because I've found myself aiming the Dualshock further right or further left to compensate for the constant drift. It has a psychological effect that begins to irritate after 15 - 20 minutes. I don't get any sense of complete control. The shake is kind of manageable if you turn the imp sensitivity low but the drift is terribly frustrating. They really need to use the light on the Dualshock for what is was intended.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
DS4 light would be ok for tracking position of the controller but is the eye resolution enough to determine you aren't twisting it slightly? The eye view of that would be very subtle

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
The tap-based interface single-handedly made the Moves my favorite controller. Slapping the balls together and whacking them into the wand feels real good. Sony better not try and take off the rubber if they ever get around to updating their motion controllers. If anything, they should Darth Maul this shit and put balls on both ends.

Haha exactly! They are so easy to use once they click. There is a steep learning curve but they can be so efficient while sculpting.
I also love them for key frames. I found a cool method for creating animations last night and it's surprising how well they look.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to use Keyframes more and more, they're like the solution to everything. I just need to start labeling them because I have no idea what half these keyframes do now. Just that they work.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
teetering on the edge of dropping $150 on move+camera. I really wanna culpt but the ds4 is giving me aheadache

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
I....don't think I signed up for the beta. Lmao. Just opened up my laptop for the first time in a while and the tab for the sign up was still there, and before it refreshed it did not show a confirmation page. Guess I was busy that day and forgot. Damn. See you all at release, I guess.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
I've looked through indreams.me and couldn't find an answer so I'm hoping someone here who's good with logic can help me out. I have a bunch of tags and I want to be able to activate one and have that deactivate the rest. I figured out a way with key frames, but it's so inefficient and I'm sure there's a simple way of doing that I can't figure out. Anyone?

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
I've looked through indreams.me and couldn't find an answer so I'm hoping someone here who's good with logic can help me out. I have a bunch of tags and I want to be able to activate one and have that deactivate the rest. I figured out a way with key frames, but it's so inefficient and I'm sure there's a simple way of doing that I can't figure out. Anyone?
I can't play the beta anymore, so I can't check, but can you attach a wire into a tag to power it on and off? If so, then you can set up a counter, with a max value of 1 and current count of 1. Ideally you should be able to connect the 'counter full' output to all the tags. Next, wire the trigger zone (or whatever you're using to detect the single tag) into the 'reset count' of the counter.

If you can't deactivate tags individually, then just wire the 'counter full' output into whatever gadgets you're using to detect the tags, instead.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
I can't play the beta anymore, so I can't check, but can you attach a wire into a tag to power it on and off? If so, then you can set up a counter, with a max value of 1 and current count of 1. Ideally you should be able to connect the 'counter full' output to all the tags. Next, wire the trigger zone (or whatever you're using to detect the single tag) into the 'reset count' of the counter.

If you can't deactivate tags individually, then just wire the 'counter full' output into whatever gadgets you're using to detect the tags, instead.

I'll give it a try. Thanks for reply!

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
So your highlights so far?
I couldn't read all posts to check all your favorites so anyone can post a list of the best one?
It is still hard to search the creations and creators from the search bar. It is not accurate sadly.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Is there any tutorial for music creation? I'm struggling even for mixing 2 instrument and putting them into a timeline!

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
You know what I always wanted to create? Some puzzle/adventure game similar to the trading side quest in Legend Of Zelda Oracle of Seasons.

You talk to NPCs who all want different things. You find items, trade items to others, and unlock new areas through these items.

Limited combat, focused on trading, tracking requests, platforming, etc. Is there a term for this kind of game?

Also, I want to see a Stacking sequel. Remember that game from PS3 era that allowed you to play as those Russian dolls? That was fun

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
What do you need help with exactly?
Well let's say at everything exactly! But I'm getting better step by step, and I love it. Everything that I notice after a long time of struggling, every trick and every new shortcut that I find... Love every single one of them.

P.S. If you want to listen to an orgasmic song, don't miss "Bladerunneresque"

Last edited:

Housecat

Oct 25, 2017
First time in a long while that I'm looking forward to a monday! Hopefully there will a code for me tomorrow.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Well let's say at everything exactly! But I'm getting better step by step, and I love it. Everything that I notice after a long time of struggling, every trick and every new shortcut that I find... Love every single one of them.

P.S. If you want to listen to an orgasmic song, don't miss "Bladerunneresque"
My music stuff started with me just grabbing Mm's clips and throwing them on a timeline unaltered. Then I started replacing the instruments in the clips. Next, I experimented with cutting out certain sections of notes and cutting and pasting those together. Now I'm working on my own note arrangements. I can't wait to see the instrument collection in the final game.

Status
Not open for further replies.