• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Exported Creations
Mm told wired back in 2015 That your Creations in dreams could be 3D printed and exported to the development platform unity potentially opening up the door for the game to expand and not just be a game but a digital art platform
http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/10/28/games-made-in-dreams-can-be-exported-to-unity-or-3d-printers

What? This is amazing. The whole creater game is amazing. I've watched the presentations these past years and was always intrigued what you can do with it.

Hmm, I hope it's possible to create a RPG with level systems etc. :0

NexusGamer

Dec 8, 2017
Does anyone remember that Xbox/PC exclusive game Project Spark that was also letting you create "any game you want"? It was shutdown a while ago. All the tools were there, and it was free to play even, but didn't take off.

I just don't know if there's a market for these sorts of things. If you're serious, you start using Game Maker/other real engines. As with LBP, I imagine most of Dreams user-made content will be some really cool stuff, followed by 90% of useless/gimmicky creations. Maybe i'm just cynical.

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone remember that Xbox/PC exclusive game Project Spark that was also letting you create "any game you want"? It was shutdown a while ago. All the tools were there, and it was free to play even, but didn't take off.

I just don't know if there's a market for these sorts of things. If you're serious, you start using Game Maker/other real engines. As with LBP, I imagine most of Dreams user-made content will be some really cool stuff, followed by 90% of useless/gimmicky creations. Maybe i'm just cynical.
Why do ppl keep bringing up project spark they clearly weren't all in on it they clearly didn't care, Mm have essentially done it twice with lbp and lbp 2 wanna make a comparison use their own franchises

Stike

Oct 27, 2017
What? This is amazing. The whole creater game is amazing. I've watched the presentations these past years and was always intrigued what you can do with it.

Hmm, I hope it's possible to create a RPG with level systems etc. :0
They stated over the weekend that RPGs are possible. No further details yet.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
The 2nd twitch livestream in the OP is a must watch. Skip to 1:05 and watch Shu and Mm creating and meowing.

I always thought Dreams would be pretty cool but it's far beyond what even I expected it to be. Looks like the big delay really let MM go crazy and add in a ton of stuff, giving us what is basically a fully featured game creator and more. I'm all in on this day 1.
Mm said it has surpassed what they expected it could be in the panel. Hard to argue against, it looks incredible.

DiNS88

Nov 22, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
So it's clearly more like a platform than a game... One that has massive potential, too. Let's hope it also has mass appeal, and reaches the commercial success it would so greatly benefit from.

I'm very intrigued and will be following this thread closely.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The 2nd twitch livestream in the OP is a must watch. Skip to 1:05 and watch Shu and Mm creating and meowing.

Mm said it has surpassed what they expected it could be in the panel. Hard to argue against, it looks incredible.

Indeed, it certainly does look incredible.

I know it won't be the most popular PS4 game ever but I really hope this sells well for MM. The effort they have put into this deserves all the success and it would be a damn crime if it flops and they got shut down.

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen much outside the initial trailers but how much color can you have in your creations?

Everything (aside from the racing game) sort of has this dark overcast). So I guess the question is where that's an engine thing or not?

I'll be day one on this but I do want to make lots of bright and colorful games.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
This looks sublime, but even with them claiming it's so easy to make anything, I still feel intimidated by the tools!

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen much outside the initial trailers but how much color can you have in your creations?

Everything (aside from the racing game) sort of has this dark overcast). So I guess the question is where that's an engine thing or not?

I'll be day one on this but I do want to make lots of bright and colorful games.
You can change the skybox,the color of the rocks,mountains cave etc to whatever color you want
This looks sublime, but even with them claiming it's so easy to make anything, I still feel intimidated by the tools!
If you aren't good with sculpting and so on you could simply take from the online community I kno I'll be uploading everything I make for everyone to use

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
Nice work on the OP. You should add that it has couch coop like LBP. Maybe also include that Dreams can be most easily understood as LBP 3D. Some more of your beautiful gifs wouldn't hurt either.

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
There is something i don't understand, Mm said the game had a campaign mode with only 3 genre. Although, the trailer shows much more type of games like 2D platform and racing...etc.
So i think the game will have 2 SP mode maybe? One with story and all (Story Mode) and the other with just pure stages that you pick and play?
Think Bonus levels in LBP, but mixed in more seamlessly with the primary genre levels. The transition between Dreams is so smooth and fast that sometimes you'll forget its even loading a new level.

In Project Spark all the tools weren't there and the ones that were weren't user-friendly, the game had an inflexible bland art style, performance was poor even with very basic levels and I remember those PS3 games LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 by Media Molecule that were very popular.

Project Spark didn't execute the concept well.

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to create a horror game with A good narrative. If a character is speaking, is it possible to give them a voice? Like get actual people to read lines then input that audio into the game?

Oct 27, 2017
W00t ! Please, anyone that is skeptic about this game... Please ask your questions and doubts here. I and many others in here would love to answer your questions. I think many people still don't understand what this game offers.

Thanks for the thread, I hope it will attract many people.

Oct 25, 2017
You can change the skybox,the color of the rocks,mountains cave etc to whatever color you want

If you aren't good with sculpting and so on you could simply take from the online community I kno I'll be uploading everything I make for everyone to use

Perfect. I just want to recreate a bunch of my favorite SNES classics, which typically have a brighter color scheme.

Oct 25, 2017
More gifs up in here
30ocks9.gif

31u9r5a.gif

DreamsRacer.gif

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
This game looks incredible. I'm not the artsy/creative type but I do have a few writing ideas that I'd love to see if I can bring to life in this. I cant wait for it to release.

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
This is my favourite of the new screenshots. Colourful enough?

24123938557_fefaf987ee_o.jpg

I really want to create a horror game with A good narrative. If a character is speaking, is it possible to give them a voice? Like get actual people to read lines then input that audio into the game?
Yes, using PlayStation Camera, the second screen 'app' or via any recording method of your choosing and uploaded through the Dreams website.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Subpar Creation spam Xp
The shade, lmaoooo!

We really comparing Project Sparks failure to Media Molecule? There are like 5 LittleBigPlanet games that exist before and after Project Spark but somehow you think there is no market for this type of game? How about Super Mario Maker? If anything, Xbox doesn't have the market for these type of games. It also didn't help that Project Spark was F2P and had MTX, also limiting your time playing levels with dlc because you did not own it was kinda shitty.

Oct 27, 2017
Also, I don't have photoshop right now but if someone can make some Dreams avatars, that would be awesome too. Dreams needs all the exposure ! MediaMolecule <3

Raven777

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One thing I don't understand what this game is how do you modify physics or things like that? For example they show a sort of pod racing looking game but how do you set how far the vehicle is off the ground? Can you alter gravity to allow for jumps and tricks? It just seems that most of what you can create that they've shown or that I've seen is either visual or audio I'm just curious about the brains of a game like physics, Ai, Etc

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Dreams is blowing my mind TBH. It's seriously impressive what Media Molecule's doing here. This will win many, many awards.

Lurker

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Possibly the most impressive game to ever come out this gen. Seriously. Anyone who loves games and dreams of making them can at the very least use Dreams to create something that is a manifestation of their dream game.

Also, would be hilarious if Era created a PUBG game in Dreams. hahahaha. Would they actually sue us, I wonder.

Who's up for Star Citizen Dreams?

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
One thing I don't understand what this game is how do you modify physics or things like that? For example they show a sort of pod racing looking game but how do you set how far the vehicle is off the ground? Can you alter gravity to allow for jumps and tricks? It just seems that most of what you can create that they've shown or that I've seen is either visual or audio I'm just curious about the brains of a game like physics, Ai, Etc
I can't remember how much was introduced in LittleBigPlanet 2 specifically but they added a bunch more properties like gravity and bounciness and then you could get more fancy mixing things together, contextually changing things on the fly with the logic system and sensors.

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic. But real question is about enemy AI. Think you are making an 3d platforming game how do we handle enemies AI. Is it clarified?

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Credit to Neon the Coder (@jangofett890 on twitter) for these:

DQvAKNiVAAI1IHC.jpg

DQvj8eTV4AAZXIa.jpg:large

Ed Hargrave (the guy who was demoing all the audio stuff at PSX) said it was pretty spot on.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
OK if someone can create a full moveset Mario and make a colorful looking world this game will take off. It all feels too abstract right now for the casual gamer I believe. I will get it though. Looks very special like the first LBP.

Jhn

Oct 28, 2017
I love the look of their weird splatting renderer. It looks so fucking cozy.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Love that you don't have to be precise with your creations. You just need an idea and the game can fill in the finer details.

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
I want to make pretty painted particle effects and light-mirror puzzles like the ones in Ocarina of Time or Tumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.