• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Repost from the other thread. EU being the better blog so i posted their QA

NA Blog: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/03/28/dreams-early-access-begins-april-16/
EU Blog: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/03/28/dreams-early-access-starts-on-16th-april/

How much will Dreams Early Access cost?
Dreams Early Access will cost £24.99/€29.99/$29.99/CAD$39.99.

What is the age rating for Dreams Creator Early Access?

Dreams Creator Early Access is PEGI 12

Which territories will Dreams Early Access be available for? .

Initially, Dreams Early Access will be available in the US, Canada and all European territories

What is included in Early Access?.

Early Access is exactly that. Early entry into Dreams, designed for creators to get hands on with the tools. It won't feature everything that the full release will have (our story mode being a big piece of that) but you'll get our full tool set for creating, our interactive tutorials and arcade games, templates and additional content created by Media Molecule and access to what you, the CoMmunity, made during our Dreams Creator Beta. You'll also be getting the first hands-on with new features and content as we add them

Will my Early Access / Beta creations carry over to the full game?

Yes. Early Access is the launch of the creation tools of Dreams and this will then roll into the full version of the game.

Will Early Access include VR?

Dreams VR is not included in the initial Early Access offering. It's still planned for Dreams and we're super excited for it. We'll be sure to share more details about it as soon as we're ready

Is there any NDA for Early Access?

No! You can stream, share and create to your hearts content.

Is there a cap to Early Access? Is there a chance I won't get in?

Dreams Early Access is limited yes, but it's a big limit. That being said, to avoid disappointment, we do recommend you purchase as soon as you can to enjoy all of the creator tools available

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
nice - not too long to wait

Oh god its easter friday. So good news - I have a long weekend - bad news I'll be F5ing the store all day..

Also might have to do something with the family. Sigh. :P

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
giphy.gif

At LAST !

My F5 key's gon' get it hard on April 16th.

remember do what i did and add funds now.

I second this. That's what I did two weeks ago. My €30 are ready.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
what time do things normally go live on a Friday? Are they there in the morning? I guess as its 'new release day' they should be..

edit: Hmm £24.99....add funds.... how much to add £20/£30....doh

Last edited:

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

At LAST !

My F5 key's gon' get it hard on April 16th.

I second this. That's what I did two weeks ago. My €30 are ready.
also if youre in the US, make sure you add extra for tax because it doesn't hurt to have more in the wallet rather than try to scramble to add more later lol.
what time do things normally go live on a Friday? Are they there in the morning? I guess as its 'new release day' they should be..
friday release they usually drop it midnight PST.

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
I don't want to Tweet Alex just yet, as it may have been answered already, but... Do we know if the second-screen app to upload sounds will be available for the Early Access?

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
MM sure is enjoying making things with 4 legs lately.

I wish this meant what you seem to be hoping it does, but they've been making quadrupeds (and a whole lot of other 'peds) every time they've sculpted weird animals with a live audience because that's just what people suggest... and, well, because animals.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I agree with Flipyap on this. I think there must be an engine limitation around quadrapeds because there's certainly been a ton of feedback to them that the community wants 4-legged puppets, going back a year or more, and they've given no indication that they plan to implement it.

Retroid

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to buy a PS4 for Early Access! I had the beta (I'm subscribed to the newsletter) but I didn't get to play or create much as I had no PS4.

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great news! I was going to take a week of PTO starting mid-next week, but maybe I should take the following week off now :)

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I agree with Flipyap on this. I think there must be an engine limitation around quadrapeds because there's certainly been a ton of feedback to them that the community wants 4-legged puppets, going back a year or more, and they've given no indication that they plan to implement it.
Don't think it has anything to do with engine limitations, more likely a result of feature locking so they can actually release the game.

Considering the state of bipedal puppets in the beta, making a new puppet setup probably requires a ton of resources to even get to a decent state.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I accepted to be left out of the first wave Beta, I accepted to be left out of the second wave beta...I WILL BE MAD IF THEY LEFT ME OUT OF THIS EA !!!

Lueken

Dec 15, 2017
Surprised they are releasing this ten days before Days Gone. Also surprised they didn't announce this during State of Play. Marketing aside I am hyped for this, and I hope I am playing this in a few weeks.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised they are releasing this ten days before Days Gone. Also surprised they didn't announce this during State of Play. Marketing aside I am hyped for this, and I hope I am playing this in a few weeks.
because State of Play content needed approval beforehand and theres a strong chance they didn't want it to leak. considering how they handled the beta and the dates such they want to do it on their own time.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
with it being so close to end of ps4 lifecycle, i wonder if they even rank Dreams with Days Gone as AAA titles and if they'll budget accordingly. i sense it'll be a slow but long leg title

Last edited:

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think it has anything to do with engine limitations, more likely a result of feature locking so they can actually release the game.

Considering the state of bipedal puppets in the beta, making a new puppet setup probably requires a ton of resources to even get to a decent state.
You make it sound as if there was something wrong with the puppet. That thing is incredible, not only does it "just work," it somehow keeps working as you twist it into shapes that barely resemble what it was designed to simulate.
I agree that it's most likely just a massive design challenge to make a quadruped that can withstand this much abuse, but I just can't let you talk this way about my procedural buddy!

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
You make it sound as if there was something wrong with the puppet. That thing is incredible, not only does it "just work," it somehow keeps working as you twist it into shapes that barely resemble what it was designed to simulate.
I agree that it's most likely just a massive design challenge to make a quadruped that can withstand this much abuse, but I just can't let you talk this way about my procedural buddy!
I agree they are incredible, but they still feel a bit unpolished even after so many years (for example making one from scratch is a nightmare), which goes to show making a quadruped probably won't be as easy as some may think. That's all I meant lol

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
not much to post even though they spent loads there at pax east. it was just user submitted character creation and maybe music. 15 days until EA drops on psn store.

Status
Not open for further replies.