• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Everything You Need to Know about Dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2019
Does anyone of you can still enter the feedback portal from the beta?
I'm asking because I am able to visit that website since the beta ended, but only on my phone.

I just opened the page and they deleted all posts in the Bugs and Feedback sections, so I guess they will use the same portal for collecting our feedback. All the "How Do I" Threads are still there for new dreamers. I'm feeling a bit criminal for seeing things I shouldn't but it's nice to see things moving :D

Oct 25, 2017
Can Dreams be shared with another account on the same PS4, or does every account need a licence due to the online profile? It occurred to me I never tried it during the Beta, where my wife and me just used the same account, but we want separate accounts in the full version.
Yes you can - Alex from Mm confirmed on Twitter. I specifically asked because the beta wouldn’t work - it was tied to your PSN account. This will be just like a regular game playable on any account on your ‘home’ PS4

Oct 30, 2017
Do we know if the EA is the same as the beta was when it comes to the tools and such?
Don’t remember about tools but more tutorials and templates will be added

It’s a Tuesday so probably release usual US time? Uk regular releases are a Friday so could it be later in the day for uk/Europe?
A precise hour will be announced when we’ll be near 16th April said MM

Oct 25, 2017
Don’t remember about tools but more tutorials and templates will be added

A precise hour will be announced when we’ll be near 16th April said MM
It’s a Sony psn store release. I won’t hold my breath

Still, once it’s up it will be flagged by Mm on Twitter, on this thread and on discord. I’ll buy from my phone at work so i’m Not worried. I know many of us are nervous but this won’t be like the beta and I bet anyone buying in the first week at least will be absolutely fine

Oct 25, 2017

“May be carried over?” Aye mm don’t have me pay go ham and than my creation be gone
Reads like they're just covering their ass so people don't sue them in the worst case scenario something goes awry, like their servers holding the user data getting wiped due to some catastrophe/malfunction.

Oct 30, 2017
Very excited for the EA as I missed the beta. I do wonder though if it makes sense to bring some people in and show them the game. I'm pretty sure there was local multiplayer in the beta as I recall some Era member designing some party game. However, were you able to play most levels in the beta in couch coop mode? Can you dream surf multiplayer levels only for when you are with a friend?

Thanks

Oct 25, 2017
Very excited for the EA as I missed the beta. I do wonder though if it makes sense to bring some people in and show them the game. I'm pretty sure there was local multiplayer in the beta as I recall some Era member designing some party game. However, were you able to play most levels in the beta in couch coop mode? Can you dream surf multiplayer levels only for when you are with a friend?

Thanks
People have made playlists/collections of all available co-op/party games.

Oct 25, 2017
Visited Mm offices today! ...and dropped off my daughter and her friend to spend the day making games and then left ;-;

Last edited:
In the lead up to the Early Access, I'm working on a montage of sorts to commemorate the creations during the beta. Will be 10-15 minutes long at most.

Does anyone here want to ensure that I include at least a snippet of your creation(s)?

If so, please let me know ASAP as I plan to finish the video by the end of the weekend.

Oct 25, 2017
In the lead up to the Early Access, I'm working on a montage of sorts to commemorate the creations during the beta. Will be 10-15 minutes long at most.

Does anyone here want to ensure that I include at least a snippet of your creation(s)?

If so, please let me know ASAP as I plan to finish the video by the end of the weekend.
Awesome, looking forward to this.

Someone should also make an epic 2-3 minute trailer solely using beta creations footage.

Oct 28, 2017
I’ve had an idea for maybe almost five years now for a pretty simple (mechanics-wise) narrative-driven RPG that I hope I can make in this. I’m almost completely ignorant to the tools and haven’t watched any of the endless MM streams explaining how to use the game properly...I’m probably fucked but some part of me is hoping the game is truly magical and I can still make something interesting jumping in blind...

I’ve had an idea for maybe almost five years now for a pretty simple (mechanics-wise) narrative-driven RPG that I hope I can make in this.
Some people were already doing things like simple inventory management in the Beta and so I have full confidence that given enough time, there will be enough components and tools created by others-- and shared-- that you could leverage to make your idea a reality. Or at least get started.

part of me is hoping the game is truly magical and I can still make something interesting jumping in blind...

100% yes to both parts

Oct 25, 2017
So we don’t know the time of day? I’ve been just writing tons of noted in my phone on my lunch breaks at work for what I want to try doing in dreams for the last 2 weeks lol i’d be so heartbroken if I don’t get in this cuz idk if I can purchase this if it goes live while im at work.

Oct 25, 2017
So we don’t know the time of day? I’ve been just writing tons of noted in my phone on my lunch breaks at work for what I want to try doing in dreams for the last 2 weeks lol i’d be so heartbroken if I don’t get in this cuz idk if I can purchase this if it goes live while im at work.
I’m sure you’ll be fine buying in the first week - I understand the worry but don’t stress about day one timing

Sep 28, 2018
Wait, this releases next week???
I've been looking forward to this for years. I know its the early access release, but does anyone know if it Will get a physical EA release? Or only digital? And do you get the story when they release it, or will it be a separate download?

Oct 25, 2017
Can you access the Playstation Store site from work? That's what I plan to do, buy it from their store on the web.

Oct 27, 2017
Mexicali, Mexico
I am honestly pissed that neither Playstation LATAM, MM or Playstation US can't tell me if the Early Access will be available on Mexico. I am ready to buy it from my US account, but I found terrible I can't get a "No/Yes" from them.

I am honestly pissed that neither Playstation LATAM, MM or Playstation US can't tell me if the Early Access will be available on Mexico. I am ready to buy it from my US account, but I found terrible I can't get a "No/Yes" from them.
Regions have been listed on the US and EU blog, and mentioned on Twitter.

PS Blog said:
Which territories will Dreams Early Access be available for?
Initially, Dreams Early Access will be available in the US, Canada and all European territories.

Oct 27, 2017
Mexicali, Mexico
Regions have been listed on the US and EU blog, and mentioned on Twitter.
I mean yes, but Mexico is always on a weird limbo when it comes to this. Sometimes we get the same stuff as US/Canada, sometimes we don't. We use US dollars as currency but sometimes even PS+ games are different here from what it's normally offered on the US. So, I just wanted a confirmation for this.

I mean, my guess is that no, we won't get the Early Access, but a definitive answer would have been nice :(

Oct 25, 2017
during the live stream
There'll be plenty of Molecules joining in on the fun throughout the full 12 hours. We'll be jamming together on the Mm sofa, answering your questions about Dreams, showcasing what's new in Dreams Early Access and more!

Oct 25, 2017
I mean - I’ll be playing it..but 12 hours is long enough to maybe have on in the background or watch a bit at a time over following days

Does make me feel like taking a day off though..

Status
Not open for further replies.