Everything You Need to Know about Dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alastor3

Oct 28, 2017
Unfortunately I will only have money wednesday to buy the Early Access and im DAMN SURE it will be out of stock in the couple hours it will be release :(

CortexVortex

Oct 30, 2017
Is it possible to "play" the game while you're offline?
I am moving soon and won't have internet for a bit but would love to create some stuff in the meantime.

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Is it possible to "play" the game while you're offline?
I am moving soon and won't have internet for a bit but would love to create some stuff in the meantime.
The beta wouldn't start offline (maybe licensed check) but worked if it went offline after starting (eg. resume from rest mode). You're more limited as you can only work with the assets installed with the game or imported into your scene, obviously. But, at least the beta functioned ok offline for creation. Pretty sure you could play other people's dreams if you had recently played them (stored locally).

Primal Sage

Nov 27, 2017
Unfortunately I will only have money wednesday to buy the Early Access and im DAMN SURE it will be out of stock in the couple hours it will be release :(
I would be very surprised if Dreams EA isn’t available for at least a couple of weeks. I wouldn’t worry. People are taking this “limited release” way too literally. Media Molecule have indicated it won’t be a problem to get in.

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
My PSN account is ready :D
Me too :)
The money's here. I've changed both my e-mail and PSN ID (risky, I know) to match it with my Google/YT account and everything seems to be working fine.
My PSCamera's set and my Move controllers are charged.
I deleted most of my Digital games so I have room to save video files using the Share button.

There better not be any problem :'(

Electro

Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Me too :)
The money's here. I've changed both my e-mail and PSN ID (risky, I know) to match it with my Google/YT account and everything seems to be working fine.
My PSCamera's set and my Move controllers are charged.
I deleted most of my Digital games so I have room to save video files using the Share button.

There better not be any problem :'(
Oh thx, must charge my moves.

MrCow

Oct 30, 2017
I am so hyped for this!
I have set up my PSN with Paypal so hopefully there wont be any problems when I order via the Webstore from work tomorrow.
I'll try to have the LiveStream running on my second screen but without sound :( well at least the wait is finally over and i can get to create whatever i want.

Clap3rap

Apr 14, 2019
Finally I´ll be able to play Dreams (Still a bit upset about the mishandling of the beta invites, hopefully there are no problems tomorrow).
I have so many ideas and can´t wait to start to create something.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Less than 24 hours to go! Even if I don't end up buying it, I'm still looking forward to see what others will do with it.

Last edited:

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
No clear indication from MM.
Given that user generated levels won't be playable in VR without the author validating that it can be played in VR, they're silly for not enabling VR support before actual launch. If they wait until full release, there won't be any content...

Come on MM!
I'm hoping once EA is out of the door they'll share more info on how they plan to update - eg VR and adding other features/fixes. I expect an EA to be an actively updated product taking feedback from the community so hopefully they'll do that.

Edge

Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I am so hyped for this!
I have set up my PSN with Paypal so hopefully there wont be any problems when I order via the Webstore from work tomorrow.
I'll try to have the LiveStream running on my second screen but without sound :( well at least the wait is finally over and i can get to create whatever i want.
Speaking of the livestream. Why aren't they doing the livestream 12 hours prior to the launch so that everyone can get hyped with it and pumped up until it finally releases.

Who watches this when it releases? Everyone interested in the game is playing it then.
Sure some try to do both but doing this stream before the release would be like a fantastic hype and teaching session and the time would fly by so fast. I would love that.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of the livestream. Why aren't they doing the livestream 12 hours prior to the launch so that everyone can get hyped with it and pumped up until it finally releases.

Who watches this when it releases? Everyone interested in the game is playing it then.
Sure some try to do both but doing this stream before the release would be like a fantastic hype and teaching session and the time would fly by so fast. I would love that.
I think you're forgetting that it's releasing in the morning UK time. Doing a stream for the 12 hours prior would mean they were streaming from late at night to the early morning, and it would be almost entirely unwatchable for those in North America.

Most people in Europe aren't going to be playing this straight away given when it launches. From an NA point of view, there will be a stream running for the eight hours prior to launch. This seems like the logical time to run the stream for those in the EU, those in NA, and most importantly, MM's staff.

Last edited:

Edge

Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I think you're forgetting that it's releasing in the morning UK time. Doing a stream for the 12 hours prior would mean they were streaming from late at night to the early morning, and it would be almost entirely unwatchable for those in North America.

Most people in Europe aren't going to be playing this straight away given when it launches. From an NA point of view, there will be a stream running for the eight hours prior to launch. This seems like the logical time to run the stream for those in the EU, those in NA, and most importantly, MM's staff.

Oh, yeah you're right. I totally forgot it isn't launching at the same time in US and Europe.
It does make a lot more sense from US perspective.

But they announced the EU time and the stream in the same tweet and that's where I thought "Mhhhh, would be more exiting to have it before the game launches". But with a different US release, it makes sense.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
The old PS3 moves work the same as the PS4 ones right?

GameStop has them used, decently priced

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
no. its just a different control scheme with some added benefits due to its nature. but you can use DS4
I guess to be more specific, moves are primarily worthwhile if you're interested in sculpting/painting. There are pros/cons in the other creation areas, but for those it's very clear that moves are the way to go.

Dabi3

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, realized Ghost Giant is out tomorrow as well.

I'll be joining ya'll day one of the full release.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised Sony isn't announcing a better version of the Move controllers to go along with this game. It's really the first killer app for those things since they came out.

Cilidra

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
The old PS3 moves work the same as the PS4 ones right?

GameStop has them used, decently priced
They work just as well for all purpose.
Difference:
Old ones have USB mini plug which is rarely used any more (same as DS3). New one use USB micro (same as DS4)
New ones have a bit better batteries. Old ones batteries still last much longer than DS4.
Old ones work with both PS3 and PS4. New ones are PS4 only they do not work on PS3.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
What’s the deal on this? I heard limited spaces? How quick do I need to be to get it ?
Not even remotely, if Media Molecule are to be believed. All you really need to understand from limit is that they reserve the right to take it off the market if the numbers go significantly beyond their expectations/capabilities at that time. It may never happen, but the chance of it happening on the first day, or week, seems pretty damned slim to me.

None of which will alter the fact that I will purchase it the first minute I can :)

Dead Prince

Oct 25, 2017
looks like Autosurf is in. 4.15.19 Update.

What's new?
  • Autosurf - If you could surf as majestically as a dolphin through the waves of Californian beaches, you would, wouldn't you? Well, you're not a dolphin. But you are just as majestic: As a fearless explorer discovering the creative imaginations of our wonderful Dreamers. The new Autosurf feature will take you on a journey through the minds of those wonderful Dreamers, surfing from one randomly selected creation to another, in the depths of the Dreamiverse. Try it!
Other improvements
  • New: Final version art and voiceover added to the introduction flow.
  • New: Final version Dream Queen art and voiceover added throughout the game.
  • New: Mm Templates have been added for First Person Shooter and Controllable Rolling Object games.
  • New: Character Creation tutorials added.
  • New: Dreams Masterclasses added.
  • New: Motion Controllers Sculpt tutorial added.
  • New: Final voiceover added to all tutorials.
  • Improved: Mm collections reorganised to make finding assets easier in the Dreamiverse.
  • Improved: Improvements have been made to Search and Filtering functionality available when exploring the Dreamiverse.
  • Improved: Tutorial Player now includes a button to skip forward 10 seconds.
  • Improved: Start Dreaming 1 to 4 are now packaged in the build so players should not experience any playback issues with these tutorials, regardless of internet connection.
  • Improved: Tutorial videos have been optimised to run better at lower connection speeds.
Other improvements to Create
  • Improved: There have been multiple bug fixes made across all create modes.

Last edited:

Phreaker

Oct 25, 2017
oh. i just checked. i didn't realized they actually let us check it out. i only checked a few days ago when it was access denied lol
Yeah. Nice, they didn't delete my Halloween Theme song!

Just checked out indreams.me. Did they seriously make everything you uploaded to the servers but didn't publish public?
No, what makes you think that? My published private stuff is still showing private.

Dead Prince

Oct 25, 2017
since we never got access. but they have the 4.11.19 update as well.

What's new?
  • Localisation We've added support for a range of locales and their languages, including French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese. Normally abbreviated to EFIGSJ, some of us have been trying to pronounce this "JEFIGS", with mixed results.
  • General improvements We've made many under-the-hood improvements in this release, to help streamline our workflow. Plus more work that'll help make sure the site doesn't explode too much the next time we deploy.
Other improvements
  • New: Locale support for French, German, Spanish, Italian and Japanese has been added. C'est fantastique!
  • New: In our developer toolset we've created a new component library, built with Storybook. We've named our component library DNA 🧬. Because: Dino DNA!
  • New: If one of your creations has been moderated, then you will now receive a notification to tell you this has happened. Sad times, but don't be naughty.
  • New: Moderated creations that belong to you now contain UI to help you identify that they have been moderated.
  • Updated: React and other dependencies have been updated to the latest versions.
  • Updated: Creation titles and descriptions, plus user bios can now only be entered at the maximum length permitted by the game. In addition, there is now a little indicator of how close to being full the given text field is.
  • Updated: Creation profiles now include a large bubble thumbnail.
  • Updated: The tag browser has been improved so that it now positions each page of tags to the corresponding tag which was cut-off on the previous page. Thanks to dmprince and those who highlighted the issue on our feedback forum.
  • Updated: The Assembly Glossary has been renamed to the rather catchy "Wireless Controller Edit Mode Guide".
  • Updated: A display bug with PSN names in creation descriptions has been fixed. Thanks to theflashback02 and others for reporting this on our feedback forum
  • Updated: The checkboxes on Wireless Controller Edit Mode Guide have been changed so that selecting a menu item with a checkbox now checks the box. Thanks to phort for talking about this issue on our feedback forum.
  • Updated: Removed angle bracket from search results within the Wireless Controller Edit Mode Guide. Thanks to GBO-Possum for bringing this up on our feedback forum.
  • Fixed: A bug with colours in the Wireless Controller Edit Mode Guide which meant the mode was incorrectly being switched.
  • Fixed: A bug in the Wireless Controller Edit Mode Guide which meant that links to items within specific glossary modes would not load successfully.
  • Fixed: Multiple changes in the Wireless Controller Edit Mode Guide to ensure icons and menu items are in line with those in the game.
  • Fixed: Markup from in-game text was not being parsed correctly. Thanks to phort for reporting this bug on our feedback forum.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
I can't wait to get back to the things I was working on, wish I recorded video but at least I have a nice cover picture for my level to share. Excited to see what's changed and improved with Dreams!

MrCow

Oct 30, 2017
nice to see that they have added more premade dreams, but one important thing is still missing, third person shooters. from my experience they were harder to set up than fps. but maybe we can easily adapt the fps one to tps, well we will see tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.