• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I think I fucked up by using a different email address as my psn

I might have as well. My PSN email has a +PSN at the end of it in an effort to fix the issue of not getting Sony's newsletters/discount codes (didn't work), and I signed up with my regular email without the +PSN addition.

My email account should receive mail issued to either address, but if they're comparing the two or something, then I guess I'm out of luck for the worst reasons.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
Its curious they must have a different system because I updated that Sneeze dream this morning with animations at the end that didn't show up on there version.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
This was posted in the Discord regarding the beta invites:

```
"As we've stated, we've got two waves happening - one today and then another wave of both EU and US codes to happen Monday. We aren't managing the distribution, so don't have access to the details of who's got in/not got in. We'd obviously love to have EVERYONE in, but this is a beta and we're using it to test things, learn things and evolve Dreams for it's full release (OMG HOW EXCITING!) Please appreciate this, and be lovely and nice as you always are :smiley:" - TomD
```

Last edited:

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
It's great to see the logic behind the whole creation system and being able to finish a tutorial before everything is explained because everything works so well.

Lidas

Oct 26, 2017
I also got featured :)

Made the short animation with the neon city (shown second I think). I'm really bad at posting here, so I doubt anyone know me. Read this thread all the time though! Great stuff shown today on the stream.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Number 1 tip for people who got in today: Do the Tutorials! They're extremely useful and actually a lot of fun to do. It's actually hours of good content that will get you used to interacting with the way Dreams works, even if you only intend to play other people's stuff.

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
My guess would be to sell MOVEs.
Come on, that's just BS LoudMouse. Mm have been VERY vocal about being able to use the DS4 for everything and even have staff who ONLY use the DS4 to make sure that it works. "Hmm, let's sell more Moves by deliberately pissing off our users. That should work well for our game!"

There is no denying that sculpting and 3D positioning is better with the Moves, it's so much more intuitive and faster. It's a shame that you're not able to give that a go (I had a left over Move from PS3 and picked up another cheap second hand - you don't have to buy new).

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
Come on, that's just BS LoudMouse. Mm have been VERY vocal about being able to use the DS4 for everything and even have staff who ONLY use the DS4 to make sure that it works. "Hmm, let's sell more Moves by deliberately pissing off our users. That should work well for our game!"

There is no denying that sculpting and 3D positioning is better with the Moves, it's so much more intuitive and faster. It's a shame that you're not able to give that a go (I had a left over Move from PS3 and picked up another cheap second hand - you don't have to buy new).

So why would he lie?

Oct 27, 2017
My guess would be to sell MOVEs. In an answer to this very question that I sent to Alex via Twitter, he said they haven't used it because the cable gets in the way, as do your hands when using the triggers. I sat there for quite some time, biting my tongue, wondering whether I should post a follow up response but I didn't. What I was just told was not the truth. The very reason the light is on the controller IS so it can be tracked by the camera, and the reason it's positioned the way it is IS so that the cable and your hands don't interfere with it when using the triggers. Many games have been using this feature successfully, so in conclusion, it HAS to be to sell MOVEs.
Lol. The beta and feedback forums is there for a reason. Report this stuff on the forum. I also already reported it day 2 or 3 of the beta. 'Controller tracking with camera even for those that don't have Moves' was my main feedback

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
That was a great stream with some amazing stuff and some good advice about the thermometer and tidying up, my Dream was a hell of a mess.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
No code and access denied :( i wonder if my email for registration not matching my psn email makes me invalid :/ my account wasnt originally made with an email I have access to anymore :(

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
So am I interpreting it correctly that people who -will- receive a code on Monday should currently have access to the forum? Meaning if we still have no access to the forum as of today, we're not likely to get a code on Monday either?

No, I think they were saying more so that if you have access to forum but no code, you'll have to wait until Monday because Sony will basically be out of office until then.

I think it's unfortunate that they aren't utilizing the camera to make DS4 movements more precise though.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Me when I signed up for the beta:
giphy.gif

Me when I realized I didnt get in:
giphy.gif

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Turning in place with the move controllers is like damn near impossible for me and it's kind of frustrating, I just need to keep practicing

Lidas

Oct 26, 2017
The 2019 one? If so, great work. I voted on it during the jam :)

Yes, and thanks! I love the jams, have entered them all so far. But dear god does time fly in this game. I have stayed up way too late almost every night of the beta. Just wish we could discuss it more openly, but I suppose there will be a time for that later.

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was a great stream with some amazing stuff and some good advice about the thermometer and tidying up, my Dream was a hell of a mess.

Agreed, super helpful to understand how that works with stretching and single sculpt forms. About cleanup, yeah...my level is remixable and it just kind of has stuff all over the place haha. I should probably make it tidy while I tinker with it some more this weekend. There was so much I wanted to add to my Jam, but just didn't have time. Every time I had an idea I had to go learn how to do it first. :)

Great post SuperBoss - I'm sorry :(

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
TIL about live cloning lol

Also please watch tutorials. They spent lots of time on it just for people like me

Status
Not open for further replies.