• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
Me when I signed up for the beta:
giphy.gif

Me when I realized I didnt get in:
giphy.gif

same here.

oh well, still hoping we'll be able to play it in the near future.

Ralph

Oct 27, 2017
Turning in place with the move controllers is like damn near impossible for me and it's kind of frustrating, I just need to keep practicing

Did you only just get it today? It becomes a lot more natural as you use them more. I found it extremely frustrating for the first few days and now it's fluid enough for me. Sculpting is another thing, but that's more down to my artistic ability .. :/

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the first part of the stream that I missed, how did the pages for that puzzle book get drawn on? Are those intricate strokes that were painted and then shrunk down to book size?

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
I signed up with two PSNs and I have not gotten a code. I cannot even log into the forum with either account so I am not expecting anything on Monday.

I have had terrible luck with Sony managed beta codes since the beginning of the console generation. I believe that there is a conspiracy against Canadians in keeping us out of betas.

Just to check, has anyone who got a key from Sony today Canadian?

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the first part of the stream that I missed, how did the pages for that puzzle book get drawn on? Are those intricate strokes that were painted and then shrunk down to book size?
Sorta painted yes.. but you have to see it in person. he has the remixed version up so you can see what he did. its pretty neat.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
just in case, check all folders of mail. could be in spam, in others, google's promo. etc. or search for "Dreams Creator Beta"

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
wish i can talk about stuff.

especially the thermo. if youre in the beta and watched today's stream with john talking about thermo.

if you try it yourself its mindblowing because nothing makes sense lol the way MM created the thermo is dynamic.

NinjaTrouiLLe

Nov 27, 2017
Yes, that was incredible. I hope there will be more from NinjaTrouiLLe in the same style. I'd love to walk around a themed environment like that in VR when PSVR support is added.

that's kind of overwhelming when people as talented as media molecule think you're from the industry (if only :) )

yeah, there is much more going on but i wont be able to do that alone obviously. i got no skill regarding sound.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
WTF.

Yesterday I've got no mail but had access to the beta forum. In that beta forum I opened a topic about this issue that many people had and someone from the team answered and said that if you have access to the forum, you're definitely in and you're probably get the key on Monday.

Today I can't access the forum anymore and the access is denied.

I'm pretty pissed off about how they handle this whole beta mess. 😠

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
Someone's made the Leviathan Axe from GOW, and a really good Crustacean. I'm going to have to figure out how to make my own collection to organise things, there's so much good stuff.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
Yeah, it would be a fairly serious NDA issue for people to have access to the forums, without agreeing to the NDA. I'm not surprised they've closed up access, but there should be a good chance of getting a code on Monday.

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
that's kind of overwhelming when people as talented as media molecule think you're from the industry (if only :) )

yeah, there is much more going on but i wont be able to do that alone obviously. i got no skill regarding sound.

You've got remarkable flair and I can see why they think you're in the industry. They may need designers in the future so it might be worth contacting them and dropping them an email address just in case. Don't waste a potential opportunity.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Watching the latest twitch stream, that trex sculpt is great, even better than one of MM took a liking to it and make it a full animated puppet, and it animates great too.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
Watching the latest twitch stream, that trex sculpt is great, even better than one of MM took a liking to it and make it a full animated puppet, and it animates great too.

Yeah it kind of shows that limitations of not being able to animate conventionally(modifying and morphing meshs) isn't really a problem at all.

Nov 8, 2017
That stream was full of incredible creations. I mean, if this is what we're seeing after such a short amount of time with a beta version limited to a small group of people, just think about what the future holds. I can't wait.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
What was the button/menu to turn off inverse kinematic so you can manually position individual joints? I think John covered it in last weeks streaam

TooFriendly

Oct 30, 2017
What was the button/menu to turn off inverse kinematic so you can manually position individual joints? I think John covered it in last weeks streaam

You have your imp in the subtract mode (looks like a clear imp with a white outline), for move controllers tap the top of the secondary move to the bottom of the primary move.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
You have your imp in the subtract mode (looks like a clear imp with a white outline), for move controllers tap the top of the secondary move to the bottom of the primary move.

How about DS4? When you're recording a key frame I can't see any controls.

I've literally had this game,on all day today while listening to podcasts. A bit of object creation, a bit of painting/remixing a character someone made, a bit of contraption building. Very relaxing

Paulogy

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this was covered earlier in the thread, what would the latest Beta invite email look like? Subject line / sender?

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm frustrated that I haven't been able to finish anything for any of the jams yet, so I'm really going to try this weekend for this one. Unfortunately it's also my most ambitious idea yet, and I'm just still so slow compared to the rest of y'all with the tools. I struggle with trying to do simple things, and trying to do sculpting, animation/puppeteering, logic, music, etc. all in a couple days is really a tall order.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I'm frustrated that I haven't been able to finish anything for any of the jams yet, so I'm really going to try this weekend for this one. Unfortunately it's also my most ambitious idea yet, and I'm just still so slow compared to the rest of y'all with the tools. I struggle with trying to do simple things, and trying to do sculpting, animation/puppeteering, logic, music, etc. all in a couple days is really a tall order.
just skip to the future and work on the halloween one lol

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I struggle with trying to do simple things, and trying to do sculpting, animation/puppeteering, logic, music, etc. all in a couple days is really a tall order.

Maybe you could find some of that in the Dreamiverse so you don't have to create everything?

just skip to the future and work on the halloween one lol

That's funny. I just posted the Halloween theme song after being inspired by someone's Halloween scene from the movie (with no music).

Last edited:

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
So why would he lie?
Maybe he misinteepreted the question. Can you share the tweet/post?

Mm said a long time ago that they found movement worked better on DS4 without the camera - sounded like something technical but I'm surprised they haven't been able to use it in some way.

I'm going to suggest a couple of things in the forums.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
explaining things on the feedback forum and to make sure i tell them right i always end up with a penis shaped sculpt while i test things.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
don't forget. since this already mentioned on twitter. you can use emojis. it can be parsed through using the text displayer.

:thinking: will show your favorite thinking emoji.

makes cute UI stuff.

TooFriendly

Oct 30, 2017
I entered my scene into the community jam.
It's called 'GATC-X'

You don't really do anything apart from use your robot to explore a strange environment that has synthetic life forms in it.
Once I get some time to finalise some sculpts, i will make everything remixable... not that I think there would be any demand for this weird stuff.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
People have been selling stuff that they created in the unreal engine for years on the marketplace
You cannot monetize your creation in LBP, Dreams may do a lot more thing, but I think Sony will just keep it the same policy.

That said, I think MM confirm that there are already indie studio that is contracted to make a full game in Dreams. So that could be just game promotion for Dreams, or maybe they're thinking to sell the game as stand alone title on psn.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of driving games, I played that offroad game to the end (or maybe they added more) and there's a whole downhill snow area that made me confident someone could make an SSX-style snowboarding game in Dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.