• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm like 70% sure she or the witch (or both) were shown off in one of the Mm streams, but not sure which one.

Feb 10, 2018
She's in this one with Pinstripe Larry, another by the same creator:

crooked anne was in the stream a couple weeks ago

little witch from the first beta stream

timestamps should take you to the right spot

Cheers guys x
I wonder if there will be characters that have more detail in the face, and not such a cartoony artstyle.
I want to make a blade runner style character, so while it does not have to be massively detailed the head shape will have to be more rectangular.

Last edited:

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Cheers guys x
I wonder if the will be characters that have more detail in the face, and not such are cartoony artstyle.
I want to make a blade runner style character, so while it does not have to be massively detailed the head shape will have to be more rectangular.

There was the shiny metal head in this week's stream that looked pretty great. You can definitely get realistic looking heads - animation would be the challenge because these are 'solid' sculptures. You could do simple animation stop-motion style by having replacement heads/mouth shapes/eyes - the LBP level uses a similar trick to do the hats. But it would be a lot of work

emileber

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Anyone received a EU code yet today? Also please don't tell me that if I can't get into indreams.me with my PSN that that also means I didn't get into the beta. You can't get in before you've received the code right? right???

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
Cheers guys x
I wonder if there will be characters that have more detail in the face, and not such a cartoony artstyle.

Yes, there are already faces that look less cartoony than these. It's entirely down to the creator. We'll see some faces pretty close to photo realism once the game's been on the market for a while.

emileber

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Is it possible to get completely rid of the "flecks" or is it part of how the engine works? For example in the PT Recreation you can clearly see the dreams-esque flecks in the wall when he's turning the corner... It seems as though it's not possible to create just flat solid clean surfaces for some reason?

NinjaTrouiLLe

Nov 27, 2017
Is it possible to get completely rid of the "flecks" or is it part of how the engine works? For example in the PT Recreation you can clearly see the dreams-esque flecks in the wall when he's turning the corner... It seems as though it's not possible to create just flat solid clean surfaces for some reason?

I think this is how the engine works. Likely cloud of point has small bits of textures instead of points, it's just the agreggation/size/density of them will give you a volume.
A high density pack of smaller size flecks might give you a more precise shape, but when you optimize, you will see them.
But again, only suppositions right now :)

emileber

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I think this is how the engine works. Likely cloud of point has small bits of textures instead of points, it's just the agreggation/size/density of them will give you a volume.
A high density pack of smaller size flecks might give you a more precise shape, but when you optimize, you will see them.
But again, only suppositions right now :)
I see so it might be possible to almost get rid of them but that would take up a lot of the thermometer? Are you in the beta btw?

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the stuff I was most impressed with turned out to be from MM developers, we just didn't know it was them until they revealed themselves.

IMO, that could be gotten rid of or made much less noticeable, but the game still uses flecks. John demoed how he sharpens edges of a rock on the last stream actually, jumps to that bit below:

Last edited:

excowboy

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone received a EU code yet today? Also please don't tell me that if I can't get into indreams.me with my PSN that that also means I didn't get into the beta. You can't get in before you've received the code right? right???
Has the final wave of invites gone out yet?
Nothing on the Mm Twitter, but I think codes went out at 2pm on Friday so hoping they'll be sent out shortly. I'm also hoping I didn't screw up my registration and a code is on it's way!

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
There was the shiny metal head in this week's stream that looked pretty great. You can definitely get realistic looking heads - animation would be the challenge because these are 'solid' sculptures. You could do simple animation stop-motion style by having replacement heads/mouth shapes/eyes - the LBP level uses a similar trick to do the hats. But it would be a lot of work
Also you can turn off collisions on individual parts. I was messing around on a face with facial animations. The eyeball were mobile and I had eyelid that moved in and out of the head around the eyeball. Also I had a jaw that moved in the head. The surface and color match on both parts and the shape of the pieces were so that it appeared pretty seamless. The eyes, eyelids and jaw had collisions turned off.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cheers guys x

The more realistic you go for the character the more realistic you'll need all your other assets to be. Simple and less realistic art style would better mix with the environment and everything else you build around your character.

It's definitely possible to create more realistic graphics though.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
On friday codes went out around this time. id give it 30 minutes.
if someone is on the Dreams Discord you can probably find an answer

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Does the gyro work with Remote Play on PC? I haven't tried it yet, though thinking about it I think I used the gyro when playing Gravity Rush 2.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I used gyro controls with PS Now games (on PC), so I'd be shocked if it didn't work with Remote Play.
Yeah, I just wasn't sure, thanks!
Yes, or you'd have no way to select anything on screen since the imp is your pointer. I've also used remote play to bring in some sound effects.
I forgot to check because I was using Remote Play with the Steam Controller the first time I tried the game, and the gyro (clearly) won't work that way. I really have to play some more before the beta ends.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Now is the time when the Mm community guy sighs and waits for Sony to release the damn codes

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i didn't have much time lately. with work + Gym. so that's another jam i miss RIP.

with that said, Outer Space is about to end. what do you guys think the next jam will be? it has to be something related to the community. there usually is a theme they pick if majority of people do it without being told lol

Status
Not open for further replies.