• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Easy. They already announced that they have a huge number of slots for this early access and I also believe the number will be so huge, that it won't even get maxed out at all and they will rather end it after a specific time then having all slots sold.
That they have different timed releases, even days later in Japan as example confirms this theory a bit.

It's hilarious how many people act here like it's potentially gone after 10 minutes. I don't think they want this shitstorm. So they probably doubled or tripled the slots from the beta and when they see it's not going up anymore or 2 weeks past by then they end it.

i acted like this cause the beta was badly handed, not blaming media molecule of course, but considering what happened, it's legitimate to be affraid that you won't be able to get the early access if you have to wait 10 hours after release before being able to get it

But since i will be there for the release time, i'm happy, can't wait to buy it

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
i acted like this cause the beta was badly handed, not blaming media molecule of course, but considering what happened, it's legitimate to be affraid that you won't be able to get the early access if you have to wait 10 hours after release before being able to get it

But since i will be there for the release time, i'm happy, can't wait to buy it

Yeah and I get that, I also had these beta problems right to the very end where I finally came in at least. But up to that point I constantly wrote about every step they did wrong and how they constantly promised several people that they get in this Friday and then that Monday and then definitely the next Friday with many never being able to enter.

But here, I really think they will handle it differently. That theory doesn't even comes from me, someone else wrote that here months ago and it made so much sense that I strongly believe they do it that way. They said the slots number will be huge or gigantic or something like that and I do think (if they even have a real slot number at all) that they will only end it after a specific time so that enough people have enough time.
I even think that they will announce the end of the buyable early access a day prior or so, at some point and not just letting it disappear in the middle of the night.

I know they made a lot mistakes in the past but I think here they will handle it better. A double or triple number on expected entries alone would help to have this open for at least 2 weeks.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
As they never identified the underlying problem I have no faith in them handling things better this time. Hope they prove me wrong though.

I think you're just being paranoid really. It's a different system and it's pretty simple really. Buy it before they hit the limit. There's really no reason to expect that they'll hit the limit within a day, so unless you're unable to access the internet, it should be absolutely fine.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Easy. They already announced that they have a huge number of slots for this early access and I also believe the number will be so huge, that it won't even get maxed out at all and they will rather end it after a specific time then having all slots sold.
That they have different timed releases, even days later in Japan as example confirms this theory a bit.

It's hilarious how many people act here like it's potentially gone after 10 minutes. I don't think they want this shitstorm. So they probably doubled or tripled the slots from the beta and when they see it's not going up anymore or 2 weeks past by then they end it.

I really hope they don't screw up.
I was upset about not getting into the Betas but I understand that was limited and free so I was ok with it.
This time I already have bought my PSN pre paid cards since they told us that they will have more slots for the EA.
I ll be mad as fuck if I get left out again.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
I'm torn between getting the Early Access version and just waiting for the final release. On the one side, I want to try the creation tools as I already have some ideas that I'd like to try out, but on the other side, I'd rather have a physical copy of the game.

I realized just now, that I don't like limited offers - especially, if they are so vague about their limitation.

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
I'm torn between getting the Early Access version and just waiting for the final release. On the one side, I want to try the creation tools as I already have some ideas that I'd like to try out, but on the other side, I'd rather have a physical copy of the game.

I realized just now, that I don't like limited offers - especially, if they are so vague about their limitation.
When the PS5 release, with the digital copy, you'll be able to run Dreams on both your PS4 and PS5 at the same time if you are digital. I have kids, so for me that means that it's likely I'll be using both at the same time. (Assuming PS5 is backward compatible or at very least that they do a free Dreams upgrade to PS5 if not)

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017

Dreams works better as an App that you can access at any time instead of having to go look for a disc everytime you want to hop on for just a few minutes.

--------

Y'all should try to convince Damiani and Blood to stream Dreams on Tuesday. They're still trying to decide what they will do. I told them to just open olit123's collection and play from there.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The inventory/variables that you can pass from level to level are a finite size. Easiest to keep that low would be to use one bit per collectable/destroyable item to indicate "delete" then tag all the items with the unique bit code plus a "temp item" tag. On level load destroy all temp items that have the bit code set in inventory. Or something like that. But if you need to remember movable item (eg. roaming enemy) location the you need more space for the other attributes or just randomise again on re-entry.

Thanks! My idea can work with as little as 4 things carrying on if I really need to since not playing dreams yet im trying to stay flexible in my concepts. I'll definitely keep this in mind while creating.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Did someone mention a new gameplay feature getting shown?
oh. its not feature. they just plan to show whats new in dreams early access.

There'll be plenty of Molecules joining in on the fun throughout the full 12 hours. We'll be jamming together on the Mm sofa, answering your questions about Dreams, showcasing what's new in Dreams Early Access and more!

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there is but worth asking anyway. Is there a $30 PSN card? Gonna put some credits on my US account to get ready for tuesday

Remf

Oct 29, 2017
They need to secure the rights to that song and use this exact template for their commercial. Gave me goosebumps

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Dreams works better as an App that you can access at any time instead of having to go look for a disc everytime you want to hop on for just a few minutes.
I haven't really considered that. This might just nudge me toward buying it on thursday.

---

Do we know, if the early access version is somehow tied to being online? How was it during the beta?

Yasamuu

Oct 28, 2017
So excited to get into this. Final piece of course work due tomorrow and my dissertation is due in August so I'm gonna make use of some well earned down time to explore the early access.

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
Being serious, I can probably can skip the second half. All the important info is front-loaded into the beginning of the lecture and the class isn't that hard anyway.

I know I can preload money onto my PSN account, but can I buy with my phone?
Yeah you can buy it on your phone thru sony's online store if you can get a minute away from your class.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Do we know at what time tomorrow it will be available for the EST?
Since we're approaching the release, is there a list of MUST PLAY levels out there?
What's the name of that platformer where you have to find and dig collectibles? That one. Had a lot of fun. Some of the hiding spots were clever too. :D
Gonna be in the middle of a class when EA drops. What do?
Do you have a smartphone? If yes, do you have access to your school's wifi? If not, use your data and the PlayStation app to go to the PS store. ;)

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
If someone is making an OT for the early access, they should definitely add a list of levels to check out!

Good starting point would be SlurmMacKenzie's levels. Phort is another great creator, with phort look at creations that have used and remixed their creations.

Purple pants adventure.

Serious answer: The guitar hero clone was pretty frickin great. Can't remember what it was called. Fret star or something.

Thanks! Can't wait, i'm sure there's way more!

john titor

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait to dive into this. As far as I remember, the access to EA is limited?
Does buying the game guarantee access or do I also have to launch it on PS4 and sign in via a game menu? (my PS4 is not with me atm).

Status
Not open for further replies.