• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to dive into this. As far as I remember, the access to EA is limited?
Does buying the game guarantee access or do I also have to launch it on PS4 and sign in via a game menu? (my PS4 is not with me atm).

All it means is that they reserve the right to stop selling it in case it sells too many copies. With the way PSN works, I'm pretty sure there will be at least a 12 hour/24 hour warning before whenever they stop selling it.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit. Back to waiting.

Any idea when VR is coming?
No clear indication from MM.
Given that user generated levels won't be playable in VR without the author validating that it can be played in VR, they're silly for not enabling VR support before actual launch. If they wait until full release, there won't be any content...

Come on MM!

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Unfortunately I will only have money wednesday to buy the Early Access and im DAMN SURE it will be out of stock in the couple hours it will be release :(

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is it possible to "play" the game while you're offline?
I am moving soon and won't have internet for a bit but would love to create some stuff in the meantime.

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Is it possible to "play" the game while you're offline?
I am moving soon and won't have internet for a bit but would love to create some stuff in the meantime.
The beta wouldn't start offline (maybe licensed check) but worked if it went offline after starting (eg. resume from rest mode). You're more limited as you can only work with the assets installed with the game or imported into your scene, obviously. But, at least the beta functioned ok offline for creation. Pretty sure you could play other people's dreams if you had recently played them (stored locally).

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Unfortunately I will only have money wednesday to buy the Early Access and im DAMN SURE it will be out of stock in the couple hours it will be release :(

I would be very surprised if Dreams EA isn't available for at least a couple of weeks. I wouldn't worry. People are taking this "limited release" way too literally. Media Molecule have indicated it won't be a problem to get in.

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
My PSN account is ready :D

Me too :)
The money's here. I've changed both my e-mail and PSN ID (risky, I know) to match it with my Google/YT account and everything seems to be working fine.
My PSCamera's set and my Move controllers are charged.
I deleted most of my Digital games so I have room to save video files using the Share button.

There better not be any problem :'(

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Me too :)
The money's here. I've changed both my e-mail and PSN ID (risky, I know) to match it with my Google/YT account and everything seems to be working fine.
My PSCamera's set and my Move controllers are charged.
I deleted most of my Digital games so I have room to save video files using the Share button.

There better not be any problem :'(

Oh thx, must charge my moves.

MrCow

Oct 30, 2017
I am so hyped for this!
I have set up my PSN with Paypal so hopefully there wont be any problems when I order via the Webstore from work tomorrow.
I'll try to have the LiveStream running on my second screen but without sound :( well at least the wait is finally over and i can get to create whatever i want.

Clap3rap

Apr 14, 2019
Finally I´ll be able to play Dreams (Still a bit upset about the mishandling of the beta invites, hopefully there are no problems tomorrow).
I have so many ideas and can´t wait to start to create something.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Less than 24 hours to go! Even if I don't end up buying it, I'm still looking forward to see what others will do with it.

Last edited:

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
No clear indication from MM.
Given that user generated levels won't be playable in VR without the author validating that it can be played in VR, they're silly for not enabling VR support before actual launch. If they wait until full release, there won't be any content...

Come on MM!

I'm hoping once EA is out of the door they'll share more info on how they plan to update - eg VR and adding other features/fixes. I expect an EA to be an actively updated product taking feedback from the community so hopefully they'll do that.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I am so hyped for this!
I have set up my PSN with Paypal so hopefully there wont be any problems when I order via the Webstore from work tomorrow.
I'll try to have the LiveStream running on my second screen but without sound :( well at least the wait is finally over and i can get to create whatever i want.

Speaking of the livestream. Why aren't they doing the livestream 12 hours prior to the launch so that everyone can get hyped with it and pumped up until it finally releases.

Who watches this when it releases? Everyone interested in the game is playing it then.
Sure some try to do both but doing this stream before the release would be like a fantastic hype and teaching session and the time would fly by so fast. I would love that.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of the livestream. Why aren't they doing the livestream 12 hours prior to the launch so that everyone can get hyped with it and pumped up until it finally releases.

Who watches this when it releases? Everyone interested in the game is playing it then.
Sure some try to do both but doing this stream before the release would be like a fantastic hype and teaching session and the time would fly by so fast. I would love that.

I think you're forgetting that it's releasing in the morning UK time. Doing a stream for the 12 hours prior would mean they were streaming from late at night to the early morning, and it would be almost entirely unwatchable for those in North America.

Most people in Europe aren't going to be playing this straight away given when it launches. From an NA point of view, there will be a stream running for the eight hours prior to launch. This seems like the logical time to run the stream for those in the EU, those in NA, and most importantly, MM's staff.

Last edited:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I think you're forgetting that it's releasing in the morning UK time. Doing a stream for the 12 hours prior would mean they were streaming from late at night to the early morning, and it would be almost entirely unwatchable for those in North America.

Most people in Europe aren't going to be playing this straight away given when it launches. From an NA point of view, there will be a stream running for the eight hours prior to launch. This seems like the logical time to run the stream for those in the EU, those in NA, and most importantly, MM's staff.

Oh, yeah you're right. I totally forgot it isn't launching at the same time in US and Europe.
It does make a lot more sense from US perspective.

But they announced the EU time and the stream in the same tweet and that's where I thought "Mhhhh, would be more exiting to have it before the game launches". But with a different US release, it makes sense.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
The old PS3 moves work the same as the PS4 ones right?

GameStop has them used, decently priced

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Ps3 moves use mini usb while ps4 moves use micro usb.

I also have heard used ps3 moves can be a gamble because it's possible to get one with a low battery capacity or bad battery

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
no. its just a different control scheme with some added benefits due to its nature. but you can use DS4

I guess to be more specific, moves are primarily worthwhile if you're interested in sculpting/painting. There are pros/cons in the other creation areas, but for those it's very clear that moves are the way to go.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, realized Ghost Giant is out tomorrow as well.

I'll be joining ya'll day one of the full release.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised Sony isn't announcing a better version of the Move controllers to go along with this game. It's really the first killer app for those things since they came out.

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa

They work just as well for all purpose.
Difference:
Old ones have USB mini plug which is rarely used any more (same as DS3). New one use USB micro (same as DS4)
New ones have a bit better batteries. Old ones batteries still last much longer than DS4.
Old ones work with both PS3 and PS4. New ones are PS4 only they do not work on PS3.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
What's the deal on this? I heard limited spaces? How quick do I need to be to get it ?

Not even remotely, if Media Molecule are to be believed. All you really need to understand from limit is that they reserve the right to take it off the market if the numbers go significantly beyond their expectations/capabilities at that time. It may never happen, but the chance of it happening on the first day, or week, seems pretty damned slim to me.

None of which will alter the fact that I will purchase it the first minute I can :)

Status
Not open for further replies.