• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
looks like Autosurf is in. 4.15.19 Update.

What's new?
  • Autosurf - If you could surf as majestically as a dolphin through the waves of Californian beaches, you would, wouldn't you? Well, you're not a dolphin. But you are just as majestic: As a fearless explorer discovering the creative imaginations of our wonderful Dreamers. The new Autosurf feature will take you on a journey through the minds of those wonderful Dreamers, surfing from one randomly selected creation to another, in the depths of the Dreamiverse. Try it!
Other improvements
  • New: Final version art and voiceover added to the introduction flow.
  • New: Final version Dream Queen art and voiceover added throughout the game.
  • New: Mm Templates have been added for First Person Shooter and Controllable Rolling Object games.
  • New: Character Creation tutorials added.
  • New: Dreams Masterclasses added.
  • New: Motion Controllers Sculpt tutorial added.
  • New: Final voiceover added to all tutorials.
  • Improved: Mm collections reorganised to make finding assets easier in the Dreamiverse.
  • Improved: Improvements have been made to Search and Filtering functionality available when exploring the Dreamiverse.
  • Improved: Tutorial Player now includes a button to skip forward 10 seconds.
  • Improved: Start Dreaming 1 to 4 are now packaged in the build so players should not experience any playback issues with these tutorials, regardless of internet connection.
  • Improved: Tutorial videos have been optimised to run better at lower connection speeds.
Other improvements to Create
  • Improved: There have been multiple bug fixes made across all create modes.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh. i just checked. i didn't realized they actually let us check it out. i only checked a few days ago when it was access denied lol

Yeah. Nice, they didn't delete my Halloween Theme song!

Just checked out indreams.me. Did they seriously make everything you uploaded to the servers but didn't publish public?

No, what makes you think that? My published private stuff is still showing private.

7mn2srL.png

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
since we never got access. but they have the 4.11.19 update as well.

What's new?
  • Localisation We've added support for a range of locales and their languages, including French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese. Normally abbreviated to EFIGSJ, some of us have been trying to pronounce this "JEFIGS", with mixed results.
  • General improvements We've made many under-the-hood improvements in this release, to help streamline our workflow. Plus more work that'll help make sure the site doesn't explode too much the next time we deploy.
Other improvements
  • New: Locale support for French, German, Spanish, Italian and Japanese has been added. C'est fantastique!
  • New: In our developer toolset we've created a new component library, built with Storybook. We've named our component library DNA 🧬. Because: Dino DNA!
  • New: If one of your creations has been moderated, then you will now receive a notification to tell you this has happened. Sad times, but don't be naughty.
  • New: Moderated creations that belong to you now contain UI to help you identify that they have been moderated.
  • Updated: React and other dependencies have been updated to the latest versions.
  • Updated: Creation titles and descriptions, plus user bios can now only be entered at the maximum length permitted by the game. In addition, there is now a little indicator of how close to being full the given text field is.
  • Updated: Creation profiles now include a large bubble thumbnail.
  • Updated: The tag browser has been improved so that it now positions each page of tags to the corresponding tag which was cut-off on the previous page. Thanks to dmprince and those who highlighted the issue on our feedback forum.
  • Updated: The Assembly Glossary has been renamed to the rather catchy "Wireless Controller Edit Mode Guide".
  • Updated: A display bug with PSN names in creation descriptions has been fixed. Thanks to theflashback02 and others for reporting this on our feedback forum
  • Updated: The checkboxes on Wireless Controller Edit Mode Guide have been changed so that selecting a menu item with a checkbox now checks the box. Thanks to phort for talking about this issue on our feedback forum.
  • Updated: Removed angle bracket from search results within the Wireless Controller Edit Mode Guide. Thanks to GBO-Possum for bringing this up on our feedback forum.
  • Fixed: A bug with colours in the Wireless Controller Edit Mode Guide which meant the mode was incorrectly being switched.
  • Fixed: A bug in the Wireless Controller Edit Mode Guide which meant that links to items within specific glossary modes would not load successfully.
  • Fixed: Multiple changes in the Wireless Controller Edit Mode Guide to ensure icons and menu items are in line with those in the game.
  • Fixed: Markup from in-game text was not being parsed correctly. Thanks to phort for reporting this bug on our feedback forum.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
I can't wait to get back to the things I was working on, wish I recorded video but at least I have a nice cover picture for my level to share. Excited to see what's changed and improved with Dreams!

680f4e3c0baef37680ee1aa9768e92c3

MrCow

Oct 30, 2017
nice to see that they have added more premade dreams, but one important thing is still missing, third person shooters. from my experience they were harder to set up than fps. but maybe we can easily adapt the fps one to tps, well we will see tomorrow.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
nice to see that they have added more premade dreams, but one important thing is still missing, third person shooters. from my experience they were harder to set up than fps. but maybe we can easily adapt the fps one to tps, well we will see tomorrow.
That one shooter demo was super fluid and aiming / strafing / jumping felt good. Can't remember the name right now, but it starts with you putting your helmet on, then drones come in for you to run around and shoot / dodge. I could easily imagine it being co-op or pvp when multiplayer support is added.

MrCow

Oct 30, 2017
That one shooter demo was super fluid and aiming / strafing / jumping felt good. Can't remember the name right now, but it starts with you putting your helmet on, then drones come in for you to run around and shoot / dodge. I could easily imagine it being co-op or pvp when multiplayer support is added.
yes I know that one and I used it as a base for my tps aswell but it's still super complicated and if they would add tps support from the get go my hope would be that the whole thing would be a lot easier to set up. no big deal though as the community will figure everything out.

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
I was in the first beta the only issue I had with it was my PS4 Pro sounded like a jet engine taking off did any one else experience an increase in there fan speed when using Dreams?

I'm a music producer I intend to make animated music videos unlike most of you who are actually going to make video games.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
I was in the first beta the only issue I had with it was my PS4 Pro sounded like a jet engine taking off did any one else experience an increase in there fan speed when using Dreams?

I'm a music producer I intend to make animated music videos unlike most of you who are actually going to make video games.
Many of us are not making games, actually. Some want to, sure, but I'm also working on a short film, a music video for a local band, and an interactive story that is more VN than it is a game. I'll probably make loads of just art / assets to throw into the Dreamiverse, as well as eventually 3D print.

Also, didn't have that jet engine issue but that seems to be luck-of-the-draw with regards to the PS4 Pro models.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I hope everyone finds their niche in dreams. I'm sure there will be some people that just like designing different types of Inns or just types of trees and thats cool that this game lets you do that and contribute to he community.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Added funds to my account, I guess Dreams won't be listed in the PS Store until the EA goes live tomorrow? I'm surprised Sony is being so low-key about it; there's no promotional banners about it on their site, not even in the Coming Soon area.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Added funds to my account, I guess Dreams won't be listed in the PS Store until the EA goes live tomorrow? I'm surprised Sony is being so low-key about it; there's no promotional banners about it on their site, not even in the Coming Soon area.
I hope there's no issue with the web store and it not show up tomorrow. I don't have my ps4 set up for remote play

Deleted member 6562

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it will consume ALL of my free time, like the beta did or if that was because I knew it was going away.

Didn't realize it has move support already that's great. I assume VR support isn't in until the full release though?

Right, VR not initially in the EA release, but will be in full release. Maybe we will get to try it as part of EA when it's ready?

I hope there's no issue with the web store and it not show up tomorrow. I don't have my ps4 set up for remote play

Same. I have to buy it from work on their web store and I'm thinking I wont be able to find it on the store or something. haha

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
Hey does anyone know if they said if the beta client carries over? I doubt it does but I was about to delete it in anticipation of the real deal but stopped myself just in case.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably fine to delete the beta, but I'm not taking any chances. I'll wait until I log into the Early Access.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Think I might jump in on the early access tomorrow. Honestly don't know if I'll ever create something, but I'm curious to play other peoples creations

Deleted member 6562

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey does anyone know if they said if the beta client carries over? I doubt it does but I was about to delete it in anticipation of the real deal but stopped myself just in case.

They have not said anything about being able to still use the Beta client. I didn't expect it would work so I just deleted mine tonight and charged up my controllers.

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
Aight cool, I figured it'd probably be safe to kill it.

What's the learning curve like?
Kinda depends on what you're looking to start with but don't expect to bust out of the gate making amazing stuff day 0, that said tho I kinda feel like the music stuff was easier to jump into and the sculpting took me a little while to nail down but that's on me since I was trying to make puppets and not just straight up sculptures but overall the learning curve isn't that bad you just gotta put some time into it.

Last edited:

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
What's the learning curve like?
It's actually not bad, especially if you do the tutorials.

That whole level there, started from me just testing out how things even work. I just started messing around with shapes, with no actual goal or idea in mind, and everything kind of just started happening. It was like the tools were themselves were inspiring me as I played around with them.

I used blender 3d for many years (and also UE4 for around a year) without ever really creating anything worth showing, and yet in a few days I had a nice level going that I just kept adding to, and it all felt so natural.

The controls definitely take some getting used to, because they've crammed a TON of functionality into controllers that were never meant to do what you can do in Dreams. I think they've done a pretty damn good job with their controls and menus though, once you get used to it you just kind of start flying through things just like you see the developers doing in livestreams.

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to finally trying this out and I had a couple of questions.

Will the version released tomorrow have local multiplayer? Some of the most fun I ever had gaming was messing around in LBP's create mode with a couple of other people. I'm really hoping this is still possible in Dreams.

I bought a Move controller a long time ago on clearance but it's one glowy wand and one thumbstick. Will this be any use at all in Dreams? The videos I've seen show someone using two of the light-up wands.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Darn I was hoping to grab it at 12am. I'll be deep asleep at 8 tmw. But I don't wanna miss my chance

NinjaTrouiLLe

Nov 27, 2017
It's actually not bad, especially if you do the tutorials.

That whole level there, started from me just testing out how things even work. I just started messing around with shapes, with no actual goal or idea in mind, and everything kind of just started happening. It was like the tools were themselves were inspiring me as I played around with them.

I used blender 3d for many years (and also UE4 for around a year) without ever really creating anything worth showing, and yet in a few days I had a nice level going that I just kept adding to, and it all felt so natural.

The controls definitely take some getting used to, because they've crammed a TON of functionality into controllers that were never meant to do what you can do in Dreams. I think they've done a pretty damn good job with their controls and menus though, once you get used to it you just kind of start flying through things just like you see the developers doing in livestreams.

That precisely. The tools are made in such a way you WILL be encouraged to discover/experiment/try things. You can get to unoptimized good stuff day 1 which was my case. But then mastering the tools/options/movements and create in optimized ways might take a while

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I have to work tomorrow, but have Wed and Thurs off. Hopefully no issues buying the game tomorrow... I'll have to use a work PC because no cell service out there. Ugh, please nothing go wrong.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
That precisely. The tools are made in such a way you WILL be encouraged to discover/experiment/try things. You can get to unoptimized good stuff day 1 which was my case. But then mastering the tools/options/movements and create in optimized ways might take a while
Yeah, learning how to optimize to work with the limits of the engine will definitely take a while, as the engine is pretty unique and coming to understand the way things work can be time consuming. The good thing is that for the most part, you learn these things as you use the tools themselves and experiment.

I actually loaded up some of your creations since they are very detailed (and AWESOME) and just played around with them to see how much I could optimize them without much of a sacrifice to quality. Great work man, I'm excited to see more of your work! (at least I think it was your stuff lol)

NinjaTrouiLLe

Nov 27, 2017
Well being a family man, likely my available time on it is limited, but that work was my fist set of 3D modeling and animation ever, and i already got some fairly decent results.

I have no doubt spending a good amount of time on the tool for anyone will lead to some very good stuff pretty quickly.

Oct 27, 2017
About three hours to go (UK). I have my credit ready on my account and I will be out and about for most of today so I hope I'll be able to login via the webstore on my phone to buy it. Even though I won't be able to play it for at least a couple of days.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
I'm selling off my RDR2 so I got some money for this beta. Not that I don't have $40 but I'd rather sell a game I don't even bother playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.