• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I'm sick of it, man. I'm sick of rich and powerful getting away from their crimes. I'm sick of seeing marginalized and downtrodden groups getting torn apart, murdered, and butchered due to sociopaths who delight in cruelty

And I'm sick of my life being depressing and shitty knowing that I'll never thrive and I'll be just a footnote.

Fuck!

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sick of it, man. I'm sick of rich and powerful getting away from their crimes. I'm sick of seeing marginalized and downtrodden groups getting torn apart, murdered, and butchered due to sociopaths who delight in cruelty

And I'm sick of my life being depressing and shitty knowing that I'll never thrive and I'll be just a footnote.

Fuck!

1-800-273-8255

It's never as bad as you think it is.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Unionize.

Seriously.

Workers of the world can hold so much collective power if we stick together.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This. There is so much that they can't take away from us.

Love, fraternity, hope, great conversation, great art, great books, cheeseburgers, whiskey.

Exercise, too. It really does help, I find.

Hobbies, good food, daydreaming, etc. And no matter how bad it gets, there are always bright lights that remain positive. We need to teach ourselves to gravitate towards them when it gets rough.

Edit - Stealth whiskey update lol

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Each and every one of us can make a difference in this world. It may seem like evil is too powerful but we can all collectively push for a better world by ensuring that in our daily lives we behave like we believe everyone should and try to influence others into adopting the same stance.

Oct 27, 2017

Fuck!
It was even worse before

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
You just got to keep on fighting my dude.
Each one of us can make a difference in making this world just a little bit better at a time.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unplug from the internet a bit. Interact with some locals. Take a walk. But definitely get off the internet.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Each and every one of us can make a difference in this world. It may seem like evil is too powerful but we can all collectively push for a better world by ensuring that in our daily lives we behave like we believe everyone should and try to influence others into adopting the same stance.

👍🏽

I know it sounds corny but the following has never been more true:

"Mahatma Gandhi" said:
Be the change that you wish to see in the world

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
All you can do is keep on keeping on and try to change shit.

Probably won't work but atleast you've tried to make a difference.

Edit something you can do and get good quick results is something local. Like I helped make a community vegetable garden to help with social exclusion.

Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Reading lots of books about history made me feel less shitty and more pragmatic. The reason we feel bad is because we grew up on Hollywood fantasies.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I think one of the most uplifting things for me is being around and working with likeminded people who genuinely try to make a difference in the world. Seek out and surround yourself with people like that and you should never feel alone.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if you spend a lot of time online, but step away from the internet and the news for a bit. It can fuck with your perspective.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017

Fuck!

Hey,

The world has always been like this, if not worse before. The best you can do is live for the moments in your small, short existence that can be enjoyed. Like a delicious beverage, a beautiful view, a warm hug from a friend, petting a dog, a funny video, a great workout, and other moments like this.

Step away from this forum if you have to. The bad, depressing news will always be there and it's okay to step away and literally ignore it for the sake of your health. It gets magnified here a lot. People are ready to magnify every bad person and news, cancel everyone for every mistake, and commiserate. You gotta prioritize your own health and happiness and you only have a small window of opportunity to live this life happy and healthy.

Prioritize finding a therapist if you don't have one already, and friends you can talk to that help lift your life up, not bring it down.

Master Of Illusion

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
This is how it's been since the beginning.

There is more dark matter in the universe than there are stars. Let it consume.

Oscillator

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm sick and tired of the world's rainforests being cut down for furniture and floorboards, and the land used to grow palm oil for processed food and makeup.

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
At least in Epstein's case, he died in disgrace and will forever be thought of as a villain. I hope those ladies get what they deserve from his estate.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017

Fuck!

Don't worry about it, OP. It's just depressing because we are in the middle of "causes leading up to World War III". After the war, optimism will return. Well, provided you survived of course.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Everything other than the progression of climate change was worse before. Everything is slowly improving and your perspective is skewed because of the constant flow of information that we have on our hands now. Get off the internet, travel, try to make friends or help out. Being active in a tangible way always helps.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If we can truely defeat this, we can teach future generations to never feel this way again.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
99.99999999% of us are footnotes to this world, get off social media and avoid the news, and just live in your world.

zon

Oct 28, 2017
Here's the thing. The world (human society) has never been better. The rich and powerful were even more powerful in the past or at least as powerful as they are today. Wealth inequality was greater. Do I even need to mention people who were considered to be 'different'? Do you really think life was better 100 years ago? 300 years ago? 500 years ago?

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Things like social media/ news tends to amplify negativity and fear mongering. Look through the world with your eyes and not others. This kind of negative mindset will only rob you of many wonderful people and things in the world to be experienced in our short lives.

Last edited:

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Step away from Era. This place tends to wallow in defeatist, apocalyptic nihilism.

Seriously, it'll help.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
You're blackpilling yourself here. Don't get baited into inaction, it's exactly what the bastards want.

Your life matters and the lives of people you know matter, even if only for a little while.

OP
OP
Hawkster

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Here's the thing. The world (human society) has never been better. The rich and powerful were even more powerful in the past or at least as powerful as they are today. Wealth inequality was greater. Do I even need to mention people who were considered to be 'different'? Do you really think life was better 100 years ago? 300 years ago? 500 years ago?

Please. I'm not deluded enough to believe things were better centuries ago.

I would argue that were no such thing as peace and prosperity in human history. Human history is made through bloodshed, misery, and violence. And its bloodshed, misery, and violence all the way down

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It's easier for evil to win because evil has no morals holding it back. Any morals they preach are just used to control others.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Life has always been cruel. Honestly this isn't that bad considering the past.
Life will never be fair and we'll never have peace. You just fight...forever for what you think is right. Til your kids are old enough to fight and their kids and so on. That's just how people are.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Change your perspective. Be positive, share love and be hopeful.
This is great advice for the most part but I fear sometimes that it may go too far and make people submissive and easily controlled. Ie, I can see the positive in anything, even a fascis regime where I live in a jail cell everyday. I mean, should we REALLY love that situation or should we FIGHT to change it? It's a difficult decision in life, the things worth putting up with.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Gotta keep fighting brothas and sistas!