• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
That's why I said possible, it's not certain.
I see, i just think that Injustice 3 is not even in the realms of possibility, this could be MK11 final ride at EVO indeed, but not because of Injustce.

I believe Ed stated more than once that they plan on supporting MK11 for longer than any other game, and season 2 is around the corner. I believe that NRS next title won't come anytime sooner than 2022(and by that i mean an announcement). Future might prove me wrong, we will see.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Locks:
Tekken 7
SFV
SmashU
GBVS

Solid Chance:
SCVI
MK11
UNICLR
BBTAG
DBFZ

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Predictions

---Guarantees---
Smash Ultimate
Tekken 7
SFV
------Likely---
MK11
SamSho
GranBlue
UNICLR
----Long Shot---
SCVI
BB Tag

---Left Out---
DBFZ
Melee

Edit: I hope Puyo Puyo and Ultra Fight Da! Kyanta 2 get featured on the side stage this year.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Anything with continued support will make it and new games.

SFV
Smash Ultimate
Tekken 7
SCVI
DBFZ
UNICLR
SamSho
GBVS
MK11

All of these are still getting updates, balance changes, new content, or is a new release. I have no idea what else they would include.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just bought Battle for the Grid Monday and the gameplay is awesome. The only thing hurting it is that the presentation is lack luster and the graphics are a little on the plain side. But the combat and move animations look fantastic.

Man, you're probably right. Hope we get a PC version in the west in that announcement too so at least it justifies the delay lol

I don't think they are even working on a PC port. I think the director said the team really wants a STEAM port, but they're focus right now is on the console release. But I'm with you on wanting to play this on PC.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019
What the hell is this astoundingly reasonable and downright sensible take?
Man, you're probably right. Hope we get a PC version in the west in that announcement too so at least it justifies the delay lol

I don't think it'll happen but it would be amazing if it did. I feel like the hype for the game kinda went down a little as people are unsure when the damn game is even supposed to come out.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I don't expect the line-up to change all that much from last year, there hasn't been much that came out and made waves or died since. I'm curious if they'll make room for Grandblue Fatasy Versus since it comes out in JP a little before, though if I expect if they do it'll likely boot out UNIEL or BB-Tag

I really hope we get some concrete news on the new King of Fighters XV by then, hopefully so that it's playable on the floor with some announcement trailers showcased.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Granblue Versus being out on March 3rd in the West basically guarantees its inclusion at EVO.

Oct 28, 2017
I see, i just think that Injustice 3 is not even in the realms of possibility, this could be MK11 final ride at EVO indeed, but not because of Injustce.

I believe Ed stated more than once that they plan on supporting MK11 for longer than any other game, and season 2 is around the corner. I believe that NRS next title won't come anytime sooner than 2022(and by that i mean an announcement). Future might prove me wrong, we will see.

I think they want to avoid releasing a game so late in the gen, and would rather have something fully cooked for next gen. Supporting MK11 up until then definitely suits em. Maybe they'll do a PS4/Xbox One release of whatever is next, but with all the focus on next gen version.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to Keef's video after this

ImpossibleAngelicHorsefly-size_restricted.gif

Janna OP

Oct 25, 2017
if they remove ultimate for Chaos Code then yes, there is definitely the possibility of some even greater salt than "French Bread Money"

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
Wild Card:
Melee (I want to be the one to say I told ya so)

This would be so sick, I would have to attend again this year too. Melee in 2020 is looking ridiculous. Let's gooooooo!

Realistically though, I imagine they would wait 2-3 years before bringing Melee back, but god damn would it be awesome if it was there this year.

Posting this here because it's an amazing doc:

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Just fired up SC6 last night after only playing on release and thats about it. This current version is fun and I really liked watching it at EVO Japan so I hope it makes it in.

Anyone got a link to some quality Granblue matches? I'm on the fence about it despite it dropping this week here. I don't follow this franchise at all so wanna parse if it'd be something I'd be down to try.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
This would be so sick, I would have to attend again this year too. Melee in 2020 is looking ridiculous. Let's gooooooo!

Realistically though, I imagine they would wait 2-3 years before bringing Melee back, but god damn would it be awesome if it was there this year.

Posting this here because it's an amazing doc:

Best year in terms of whats happening behind the scenes+results maybe, but we seem to have lost both EVO and CEO to Ultimate.

Last edited:

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just fired up SC6 last night after only playing on release and thats about it. This current version is fun and I really liked watching it at EVO Japan so I hope it makes it in.

Anyone got a link to some quality Granblue matches? I'm on the fence about it despite it dropping this week here. I don't follow this franchise at all so wanna parse if it'd be something I'd be down to try.

The Frosty Faustings tournament got just uploaded by Spooky a day ago. Keep in mind this is still prerelease but still there is some decent gameplay here:

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Sooooo I was wondering and the official website isn't really helpful - how easy it is to just go to EVO as a spectator? There are no tickets to buy online or anything. It's weird.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MK11 is so unhype. But I guess we HAVE to have a NRS game eh?

No way Dragonball returns. Scene is dead.

Deleted member 10551

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As long as Smash and SCVI are in there, I'm good.

I think given the tour, and an Edge Master + event announced but not confirmed, SCVI is safely in as the Edge Master+ event.

If the EM+ wasn't announced, I'd be certain SCVI was not at EVO. I mean, there's a chance they could put the + event as a LCQ, but that's unlikely.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Predictions

---Guarantees---
Smash Ultimate
Tekken 7
SFV
------Likely---
MK11
SamSho
GranBlue
UNICLR
----Long Shot---
SCVI
BB Tag

---Left Out---
DBFZ
Melee

Edit: I hope Puyo Puyo and Ultra Fight Da! Kyanta 2 get featured on the side stage this year.
I'd move Samsho down to the longshot portion. Game has a great competitive scene but it's viewership and entrants are worse than Soulcalibur I think and last years high numbers at evo were partly to do with hype with it replacing melee and it being free to sign up. What have the entrants been like since?

I want Soulcalibur because having only 1 3d fighter is a bit sad.

Including Samsho and the 4 at the bottom, they seem like the games that are going to struggle to be at Evo.

Fugu

Oct 26, 2017
I expect that Melee will not be there despite it being, by any objective measure, one of the most active fighting games around in 2020.

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
Best year in terms of whats happening behind the scenes+results maybe, but we seem to have lost both EVO and CEO to Ultimate.

Not having those is lame, but with CEO Dreamland and all of the Smash focused Majors I don't think it's a big deal tbh (definitely whack tho). I personally would rather attend a tournament in vegas vs anywhere else.

I expect that Melee will not be there despite it being, by any objective measure, one of the most active fighting games around in 2020.

Seriously, whack AF

Deleted member 32135

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Smash Ultimate is poised to have another great year ahead of itself. Last night's Top 8 at Genesis 7 yielded what a lot of people already believe is one of the best sets this game has ever had, with a grand finals set seeing MKLeo (who won last EVO) losing his first super major to Marss, who beat him in a dominant 3-0 fashion. Worth watching if you haven't, in Leo's own humble words; "this is how Ultimate should be played".

Sooo gooood. I hope these two are at their best at Evo. That Genesis GF were the hypest I've seen for Ultimate.

Deleted member 4552

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Prediction:
Street Fighter V: Champion Edition
Tekken 7: Fated Retribution
Soul Calibur VI
Mortal Kombat 11
Dragon Ball Fighter Z
Samurai Showdown
UNIST
Granblue Fantasy Versus
Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Hmm not so interesting. Very safe.

I'd prefer no smash obviously, and dragonball I'd swap with BBtag and I think Dead or Alive 6 should have had a chance on the big stage last year.

What I'd like: Evo adds a day and. Shows multiple older and smaller games as mainline games.

ST, CVS2, 3rd Strike, Alpha 3, Project Justice, KOF 94, 98, XIV, DOA 6, Virtua Fighter 5, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Ultimate MK III

Deleted member 4552

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DoA5LR never getting a main game spot atleast once will always suck since it was fantastic.

DoA as a series is a great way to get into fighting games, better than Tekken for example, and had a consistent female presence in tournaments for years before anyone even gave a fuck about it and at a higher level than the other games.

Ironically it's bemoaned for the sexy girls in skimpy clothes bullshit but every girl I ever met playing it loved that element.

I haven't been a big fan of it since 2, but it definitely doesn't get it's due.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017

MrWiz and company don't want to drag CRTs to their venue. And also other non-HD fighting games (read everybody but Melee) have moved on to flatscreens thanks to line doublers like the OSSC or DCHDMI.

Fugu

Oct 26, 2017
MrWiz and company don't want to drag CRTs to their venue. And also other non-HD fighting games (read everybody but Melee) have moved on to flatscreens thanks to line doublers like the OSSC or DCHDMI.
This is an argument that Melee - one of the most active current fighting games - isn't at EVO because those in charge think that it's too much work (despite there being considerable resources to make this happen evidenced by it having happened in the past) masquerading as an argument that Melee at EVO is impossible.

By the way, in the category "non-HD fighting games" Melee is by far the largest, so it doesn't really mean much that the non-Melee players have moved on to flatscreens. This is to say nothing of the dubiousness of that assertion, which is also an issue.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
This is an argument that Melee - one of the most active current fighting games - isn't at EVO because those in charge think that it's too much work (despite there being considerable resources to make this happen evidenced by it having happened in the past) masquerading as an argument that Melee at EVO is impossible.

By the way, in the category "non-HD fighting games" Melee is by far the largest, so it doesn't really mean much that the non-Melee players have moved on to flatscreens. This is to say nothing of the dubiousness of that assertion, which is also an issue.
just because it happened in the past doesn't mean they want to keep doing it in the future

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017

Nope, many of the classic game crowd, be it on Supergun or Dreamcast or PS2 have already moved on to flatscreens.

Take a look at TeamSpooky's setup of 10 DCHDMI modded Dreamcasts, and then tell me if they're still going to play Marvel 2 or CvS2 on CRTs.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Will there be smash brothers?

Of course there will be.

With all characters from Smash Melee, Brawl, Smash 4, plus almost all stages from Smash 1-4 & Smash 3DS in HD?

Ultimate's the new Melee now.

Last edited:

Gearkeeper 8A

Oct 27, 2017

The thruth is that most of the FGC are really indifferent to melee and smash because both of these communities are really insular and have very tiny crossover with other fighting games(to be fair newer smashes like ultimate have better crossover), and the TOs are the ones who choose what games goes to the main stage most of the FGC TOs have been dropping melee of their line up because of this and because of ultimate being big enough on its own so they can still host 1 platform fighter.