• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

Watch the PlayStation Tournaments: Evo Lounge—Your Source for Evo Content

PlayStation will celebrate the return of Evo with the PlayStation Tournaments: Evo Lounge, a live show dedicated to covering all the competition's exciting events and content. The show is hosted by players and commentators who live and breathe the FGC. Viewers will be able to stay updated with the latest at Evo and watch exclusive content that won't be available elsewhere.

The Evo Lounge will feature top-shelf curated show coverage, bracket updates, interviews with players, and exciting content and reveals from developers and publishers, such as Arc System Works, Warner Bros. Games, Capcom, SNK, and Bandai Namco Entertainment, as well as all the latest from the scene with pro players and casters. Viewers will be treated to the latest news for our favorite games and a few sneak peeks of what's ahead. It's every spectator's source for Evo and FGC intel. You can tune into the show on YouTube and Twitch on August 5 and 6, streaming live from Las Vegas.
blog.playstation.com

Follow the best of Evo 2022 with PlayStation Tournaments: Evo Lounge live show

The livestream runs August 5 and 6, and includes the biggest fights, player interviews, developer guests, and more.

Last edited:

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Riot not on that list 😭

I know there's like a 95% chance Project L will be there, I'm just impatient & wanna know now lol.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Canons still run Evo, right?

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
yeah no real surprise really, do bandai being listed does make me intrested cause they aren't doing anything with Tekken 7 much anymore and the only other thing it could be is FighterZ content

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
yeah no real surprise really, do bandai being listed does make me intrested cause they aren't doing anything with Tekken 7 much anymore and the only other thing it could be is FighterZ content
I think the last of the Jojo characters in the remaster are yet to be revealed as Warner is here for Mutiversus, BNE can be here for that.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Interesting. So they will trickle out presumably small announcements on that stream Friday and Saturday. I hope they still have bigger announcements on Finals Sunday though.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
ASW
  • Guilty Gear Strive Season 2
  • DNF Duel first paid dlc teaser
  • Granblue VS new character pass
  • Dream Reveal: Unveiling of a new anime fighter
WB
  • Mortal Kombat 12
  • Dream Reveal: Injustice 3
Capcom
  • Kimberly and Cammy trailers for SF6, Beta announced for Fall 2022
  • Dream Reveal: Marvel vs Capcom Fighting Collection
SNK
  • KOFXV DLC
Bandai
  • Tekken 8 tease

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
ASW
  • Guilty Gear Strive Season 2
  • DNF Duel first paid dlc teaser
  • Granblue VS new character pass
  • Dream Reveal: Unveiling of a new anime fighter
WB
  • Mortal Kombat 12
  • Dream Reveal: Injustice 3
Capcom
  • Kimberly and Cammy trailers for SF6, Beta announced for Fall 2022
  • Dream Reveal: Marvel vs Capcom Fighting Collection
SNK
  • KOFXVI DLC
Bandai
  • Tekken 8 tease
MK12 is a Game Awards-tier announcement, EVO isn't big enough for that. As mentioned earlier, they're likely primarily talking MultiVersus.

Wonder if they're gonna announce a SF6 beta. Really hope so.
I wish, but…
I'm not so sure if we'll get a beta announcement at EVO. I do think one will eventually happen, but they seem to still have a lot of optimizing to do. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if SF6 launches after the end of the fiscal year.
If we do get one, I fear that it won't be until November or so. Please prove me wrong, universe.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
ASW: Strive character (Jam PLEASE)
Capcom: SFVI gameplay, new character
WB: A new game finally
SNK: New KofXV character
Bandai Namco: Tekken 8? Zoro in Soul Calibur????

FUCK YES
Like Neoxon said, WB will probably only show us a new Multiversus character/Rick and Morty release date.
KOF XV usually presents all 3 characters on a team at the same time, not just one.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So reveals on the Friday and Saturday it seems. Still thinking that opening panel thing on the Friday will be where the brunt of announcements happen though.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also not expecting anything more than a tease, but why couldn't Tekken 8 be further along than that? I feel like they had enough time.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So reveals on the Friday and Saturday it seems. Still thinking that opening panel thing on the Friday where will be the brunt of announcements happen though.
Perhaps this is Sony's way of making the reveals more digestible for the masses rather than sitting through tournaments they may or may not care about.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Literally don't care about literally anything on that list but Capcom's reveals (SF6). Like that's the literal only thing I'm hype about literally.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps this is Sony's way of making the reveals more digestible for the masses rather than sitting through tournaments they may or may not care about.
This is a good point, though I can't see them not having any announcements on Sunday

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I was thinking the same, get them out the way so that they can just focus on the matches themselves without people waiting for reveals.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This is a good point, though I can't see them not having any announcements on Sunday
I feel like those with enough reveals to go around (Ex: Capcom) may also double up on Sunday. Plus we could get Project L news then, as Riot tends to do their own thing.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even realize EVO was this weekend. I'm going to miss a big chunk of it since I'm busy this weekend :/

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pulling for a KOFXV Goenitz reveal. There would be no better place to announce him than a panel ostensibly dedicated to Team Awakened Orochi.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
I had thought about posting this after Evo 2019, but it felt that fighting games with announcements were skipping E3 and favoring Evo as their main venue now. Covid kinda messed with that theory, but now with E3 seemingly officially dead, it seems like this is all but a fait accompli now.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I wish, but…

If we do get one, I fear that it won't be until November or so. Please prove me wrong, universe.

Yeah, bit wishful thinking on my part. I feel like they have to have a beta test some time this year though if it's coming 2023. I wanna get my hands on this game so badly 😭