• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Smash is last. Cool, I can get to bed at a decent time this year.
JWd0YMk.png

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Woo go Tekken. Guess this means there won't be much to announce for Sfv otherwise they'd have a more prominent spot if they were to have something like an SF6.
There's a big announcement (likely Super SFV) but SF6 is still years off post-PS5 launch.

Everyone getting to leave after SFV/Tekken is pretty fantastic.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god SF5 isn't headlining, i'm on the east coast and that shit is brutal when i got work the next day.

Oct 27, 2017
Arc System Works has a great relationship with EVO and usually has something big to announce. Also I feel it might be a timing thing too. BBTag runs faster than pretty much any other game at the whole show. Top 8 last year was like an hour or something crazy short like that

BBTAG matches do last like 30 seconds haha.

Every single SC6 tournament i've seen was intense and hype and i'm betting getting a big stage like EVO will wake people up

Here's to hoping! It really is such an in-depth and complex game that I would appreciate more people getting into. I'm at least happy it sold well, and that as a package the game is amazing, but getting the game to be more popular is always great for the online/community aspect. Heck, trying to find people online in ranked for the PS4 version is dang near impossible these days, even when I remove the connection/location filter :(

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Arc System Works has a great relationship with EVO and usually has something big to announce. Also I feel it might be a timing thing too. BBTag runs faster than pretty much any other game at the whole show. Top 8 last year was like an hour or something crazy short like that
Their relationship is about to get even more intimate when GranBlue VS drops

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The SCVI schedule has to be insane. That is a huge tournament to start and wrap up on the same day.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
man this is gonna be so great for us here in germany. i remember last years evo went on for so long, i was able to go to bed, wake up and still see the finals. shit was ridiculous. props to lord problem x for being able to endure that shit and come out on top.

I do think its a bit sad to see the tradition of sf being last going away tho, not gonna lie. no matter what peepz think about sf v, sf is still the og and that spot to me carried some sentimental value

Last edited:

Aine

May 27, 2019
In for Smash, MK and Street Fighter. Might pop in to watch some BB Tag and UNIST, too.

Solidus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty happy with this schedule overall tbh. Tekken 7 deserves to be later than SFV, no doubt. And I'm sorry, but allow me to be one of the hundred people in this thread saying thank god I get to go to sleep at a reasonable hour on Sunday for once since I don't care about Smash.

It will be kind of weird having DBFZ over so early on Saturday. It was such a huge game last year and now it's just something that's done early Saturday night

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
UNIST/SFV got the best time slots for Europeans! Tekken/Samsho are decent enough too.
Smash last is perfect for me that a) want's to sleep b) has zero interest in it

I welcome this move!

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is the best outcome. Tekken is definitely the best overall fighting game right now, but this is Smash Ultimate's first EVO and that scene is fucking yuge right now.

Tekken/SF people get to go to bed early if they don't care for Smash

Smash gets the spotlight for at least one good year.

Now the Smash Community just needs to behave itself over the next week and a half lmao

mowmow

Aug 22, 2018
It's nice to see the line up finally change. With the most entrants, Smash should get top billing. But i'm not going to watch the smash finals. Smash is just not a game I like to watch in tournament play.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Very excited to watch some Soulcalibur VI. Gonna try my hardest to have that Friday off.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Basically what I expected. Makes sense.
This is gonna be an amazing tournament. Really excited for it. Gonna watch everything on Sunday.

johan

Oct 29, 2017
UNIST should've been in place of BBTAG, but other than that my European not caring about Smash ass is happy about this order

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad SFV and Tekken are earlier so I can watch them. I'm usually asleep for the final game so it starts and ends so late in the UK.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno why I find hilarious all those going to sleep early comments, that damage control

It's going to be that, and "Smash waiting room ResidentSleeper" all day from trolls on the other end

Given that Smash Ultimate still has such little crossover between it and virtually every other game at the event, the tension is unavoidable

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
For everyone surprised why BBTag has a Sunday spot, it was announced as a Sunday game back in February when the lineup was announced.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy that I'll be able to sleep early for the first time ever during EVO Finals day.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How is it "damage control" if most people wanted Smash to be last with the same reasoning when Mr. Wizard asked how the order should be?
Because it's just a cop-out for when a game they don't like is closing the show. "SFV is obviously closing the show since years, it's a prestige thing to close th show" to "Wow I'm sure glad Smash is closing out so I can go to sleep early". It's just salt from people who can't handle Smash being seen as a fighting game by the biggest fighting game tournament holders in the world.

Just because they used the same bullshit reasoning when Mr. Wizard asked doesn't mean the reasoning is not bullshit. These people never had a problem staying up for SF. It's the same people going on about how Smash isn't a fighting game.

It's just passive agressive "I don't like thing" nonsense in a contest who can scream how much they dislike Smash the loudest. It's kind of funny too look at though.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
People are just trolling lol. There is still a lot of salt about Smash being considered a fighting game, let alone the biggest one by far.

Or people genuinely aren't interested in it and now don't have to watch it push other games late. I legitimately don't understand how Smash fans just don't seem to understand not everyone likes the game like they do.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Wow, perfect schedule for me, good stuff. I'll actually be able to watch everything I want to see and still go to work the next day!

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
In for tekken and smash sunday !
Smash last will fu** my sleep schedule tho but eh.