• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 16, 2018
Hope's Peak Academy
DzksG_wU8AAlUxp.jpg:large

DzksFgZU0AEWXPx.jpg:large
This really surprises me, as I thought that Data Miners unveiled Senran Kagura as the new series from names. Really happy Teddie is in because of his zany item playstyle, but the price of the game + the DLC really keeps me away from it, especially how it was all planned from the start! (remember when Weiss and Yang had to be released as free DLC to appease people?)

Also I've heard the DOA stream got canceled midway in. I know mentioning it might be asking for trouble but I feel like they should've seen it coming from a mile away because it's Dead or Alive, a series that is trying to do both "I'm A Fighter" and Fanservice. "Core Values" seems to have become a meme that will probably be used way beyond it's expiration date.

From what this article says (google translated, mind you), it seems like the tournament is a mess all over organization-wise. It's a real shame, because I believe the first EVO Japan loss a ton of money, and it will take a while before these sorts of things make any profit.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
This really surprises me, as I thought that Data Miners unveiled Senran Kagura as the new series from names. Really happy Teddie is in because of his zany item playstyle, but the price of the game + the DLC really keeps me away from it, especially how it was all planned from the start! (remember when Weiss and Yang had to be released as free DLC to appease people?)

Also I've heard the DOA stream got canceled midway in. I know mentioning it might be asking for trouble but I feel like they should've seen it coming from a mile away because it's Dead or Alive, a series that is trying to do both "I'm A Fighter" and Fanservice. "Core Values" seems to have become a meme that will probably be used way beyond it's expiration date.

From what this article says (google translated, mind you), it seems like the tournament is a mess all over organization-wise. It's a real shame, because I believe the first EVO Japan loss a ton of money, and it will take a while before these sorts of things make any profit.

The thing about DOA is that it probably could have skirted by completely if they just stuck to showing off the gameplay alone.

Freeze framing on Bass doing a wrestling move on a woman and making crass jokes for 4 minutes was weird, and didn't really help. But the idols spanking each other, showing bra, and bouncing was likely the thing that pushed everything over the edge.

Jan 16, 2018
Hope's Peak Academy
The thing about DOA is that it probably could have skirted by completely if they just stuck to showing off the gameplay alone.

Freeze framing on Bass doing a wrestling move on a woman and making crass jokes for 4 minutes was weird, and didn't really help. But the idols spanking each other, showing bra, and bouncing was likely the thing that pushed everything over the edge.
Yeah gameplay alone wouldn't be bad because there's a lot of fanservice in the other EVO games because /r/kappa last time I check is spamming all of that with the title "CORE VALUES".

Yeah, no idea why they had those idols, or maybe Mr. Wizard didn't expect that to happen. Thing is that Dead or Alive is so steeped in it's identity as fanservice (there is, however, actual gameplay that is liked by many) that it's going to be hard to shake it off, not to mention business-wise, it doesn't make sense because of costume DLC. There's going to be people who are going to buy more costume DLC for titillation than people who just buy on aesthetics. I'm honestly a bit surprised they don't just abandon the fighting game aspect and simply go with the DOA X series and Venus Vacation (which both have girls that aren't in the fighting game) because the potential audience for those seems to be bigger than the ones gained by a fighting game.

Feb 15, 2019
Man Chipp's HP just gets completely melted sometimes. If I were a Chipp player, every danger time would give me a heart attack.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MY GOD

Wish Chachacha would have taken it, but it's impossible to be unhappy with that set.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
T7 team, self-aware and have the last two DLC characters come out at the same time. SCVI team, stretch out time between announcements as much as possible and try to keep the last DLC character secret even after datamining, not even bothering with a release date for the one actually confirmed between the two.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Negan's animations look better. But he's still such an odd addition to this game. More excited for the stage changes. The color pallete at Jungle looks SOOO much better.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
yea yea nice characters

someone tell me the release date of that nighttime infinite azure tho

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Not that familiar with Tekken 7 players, but do we have any Noctis in the event?
I have heard nothing of Noctis or have ever seen professional play of him, but i also don't look for it

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Ima need to catch up on this geese player when i get home.

Also where is that samsho trailer snk?!?

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Half-Pakistani, half-Filipino living in NorCal here. This top 8 has been....very conflicting for me to say the least.